What’s something you’re weird about..

I absolutely will not eat chicken if there’s bones involved. 100% boneless chicken breasts. However, pork chops and steaks with bones don’t bother me in the slightest.

I also won’t eat anything that “springs back” if you touch it. Angel food cake, sponge cake, etc. Instantly gives me a gag reflex. Jello is fine, for some reason.

Kinda along those same lines, my mother cannot lie down on a couch because she says it's where people, in her words, "place their bottoms," & she doesn't like it when anyone else lies on a couch in her presence.

"But, mom, they're not sitting there naked. They have on clothes."

"But, still, their bottoms go there, & you're going to put your head where someone's bottom was?"
I use a couch pillow when I lie on the couch. Wonder if that would make your mom feel better?

I absolutely will not eat chicken if there’s bones involved. 100% boneless chicken breasts. However, pork chops and steaks with bones don’t bother me in the slightest.

I also won’t eat anything that “springs back” if you touch it. Angel food cake, sponge cake, etc. Instantly gives me a gag reflex. Jello is fine, for some reason.

No chicken bones for me either. I can buy and cook a steak or pork chop with a bone, but I remove it before putting it on a plate.

The sight of people gnawing or sucking on chicken wing or rib bones makes me gag. :crazy2:

So those face wash commercials where the woman rinses the face wash off her face with water that she SCOOPS OUT FROM THE BATHROOM SINK???? Nooooo thank you!
Yeah, no! I never do that. I don't even know why you'd need to. It seems like a waste of water to me.

Actually, I think I know why the bathroom sink doesn't bother me...because no one puts stuff into the bathroom sink, so I never have a reason to feel icked out about it. But people in my household are always putting stuff in the kitchen sink and I'm all "Why?? Why do you need to put stuff in there?". (And of course they all say "Because it's the kitchen sink! That's what it's for!") So we agree to disagree about the whole thing. ;) LOL!!!

I will only drink out of a straw when dinning out... with wine glasses, I will wipe the rim off several times before drinking... or I will order something so I can use a straw... with this non-sense about straws, I do carry my own straws...

People eating turkey legs in the parks.... passing around the leg to multiple people, grease dripping off of their chins and hands... Gross, it completely grosses me out to the point it will make me gag... and the thing is I like turkey, so I have no idea what this is about....

Having some OCD tendencies, loading the dish washer, doing the laundry, the closets, and how to fold the towels, how the pantry is set up....

Well, at most weddings, when I am tired, I pull up a chair near the DJs speakers and doze.off. Loud music soothes me! Many pics.of me, as a kid, sprawled out in front of speakers, or passed out at loud sporting events. The louder, the better I sleep!

The ONE thing I found, noise wise, that I cannot sleep through/to? That damn old game show, Sale of the Century. 🤪🤪🤪
ha ha! Thats so bizarre! That's quite unusual. Me, if the tv is on, i'll never get to sleep. It has to be white noise like a fan or white noise machine. Odd thing is, if i use a white noise app on my phone, i'll be awake all night. That just doesnt work for me. But the white noise machine i have works like a charm. Go figure. I have a picky brain. :confused3

ha ha! Thats so bizarre! That's quite unusual. Me, if the tv is on, i'll never get to sleep. It has to be white noise like a fan or white noise machine. Odd thing is, if i use a white noise app on my phone, i'll be awake all night. That just doesnt work for me. But the white noise machine i have works like a charm. Go figure. I have a picky brain. :confused3

Last night as I laid there with my 4 fans, husband's apnea machine, and TV turned to volume 35, I thought "I should record this and post it on the DIS so people can hear my weirdness!". Alas, my phone was out of reach and I was too comfy to go get it...

when I was pregnant with my kids could not sleep, I would do the fans and then find a golf or car race station and turn it up loud. Something about those two programs knock me right out :P

Anyone rubbing their hands over denim or corduroy. Gives me the chills.

My husband cannot stand the sound of silverware scraping across plates or bowls. It makes it hard for him to eat if people are doing that a lot. Everyone in our house has learned how to cut or scoop food off a plate without making noise. lol.

I'm really surprised how many people do not close their bedroom door at night. I thought that was a common safety practice in case of fire.
:confused: What is it about this? Is it a sound? I can’t even imagine what sound it might be or how quiet the room. Would have to be to hear it.

I hate the sound of fans. We have them running in the house a lot in the summer to circulate the AC (no central air, we have window units on each side of the main floor) and it's always a relief to turn them off and have quiet. I can't sleep with one blowing on me, either.

It is called selective sound disorder-whenever people eat if I hear chewing sounds I can’t take it to the point of being angry.

If someone eats with their mouth open it is like 440 volts of electricity through my brain. I just have to leave the table.

If anyone slurps soup I can’t even begin to tell you how much it disturbs me and again just have to leave the table.
Selective Sound Disoder, or Misophonia. And yes i can totally relate to this 100%. Loud chewing sets me off. But what really burns my biscuits is blowing noses. Especially the kind where you can hear and almost FEEL everything coming out of their nose. Thats just disgusting. :crazy2::scared: I hate it. I wish people would do this in the bathroom lol. My boss blows her nose nonstop all day long, every 5 min it seems. How can a human being have that much mucous??? And her office is across from mine! Its not like I can get up and leave every time she blows her nose (and no, im not allowed to shut my door). :furious:

Also, the sound of window shutters closing ticks me off. I dont know why. :confused3 Im a nut bar, what can i say.

Last night as I laid there with my 4 fans, husband's apnea machine, and TV turned to volume 35, I thought "I should record this and post it on the DIS so people can hear my weirdness!". Alas, my phone was out of reach and I was too comfy to go get it...

when I was pregnant with my kids could not sleep, I would do the fans and then find a golf or car race station and turn it up loud. Something about those two programs knock me right out :P
:lmao: I'd love to see a recording of that. Thats hilarious.

:confused: What is it about this? Is it a sound? I can’t even imagine what sound it might be or how quiet the room. Would have to be to hear it.
No. It's a texture/ touch thing. I won't do it myself. Hate the feeling. And if I see someone else doing it... I get that same sensation. My mom has a habit of rubbing her hands down her thigh and if she's wearing any fabric that has a texture like that it gives me chills. Ugh.

Selective Sound Disoder, or Misophonia. And yes i can totally relate to this 100%. Loud chewing sets me off. But what really burns my biscuits is blowing noses. Especially the kind where you can hear and almost FEEL everything coming out of their nose. Thats just disgusting. :crazy2::scared: I hate it. I wish people would do this in the bathroom lol. My boss blows her nose nonstop all day long, every 5 min it seems. How can a human being have that much mucous??? And her office is across from mine! Its not like I can get up and leave every time she blows her nose (and no, im not allowed to shut my door). :furious:

Also, the sound of window shutters closing ticks me off. I dont know why. :confused3 Im a nut bar, what can i say.

:lmao: I'd love to see a recording of that. Thats hilarious.
Yes Misophonia. I have read that the locations in the brain for audio processing and fight or flight reaction are close and so some leakage between the two likely results in Misophonia. I couldn’t take your situation with your boss, that is unimaginable for me. I would feel as though I was being tortured all day every day. I guess at this point you despise your boss. I would in your situation.

When someone is eating popcorn loudly nearby in a theater I make eye contact every time they do it to make clear they are disturbing me. If that doesn’t help then looking for a new place for me and my daughters to sit.

Oh apples! The crunch of an apple is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Eating it or hearing it.
I don't dislike apples. I eat applesauce and apple pie.
I have no idea why I am like this as I have no other texture issues at all.

No chicken bones for me either. I can buy and cook a steak or pork chop with a bone, but I remove it before putting it on a plate.

The sight of people gnawing or sucking on chicken wing or rib bones makes me gag. :crazy2:

It’s SO gross. We don’t buy any meat that has a bone. We once accidentally bought chicken breasts with a bone and it was so gross to have to debone them.

I like quiet to sleep but I will purposely time my nap to when I run the dishwasher. That and the dryer running put me to sleep in no time lol

I like to actually stop at stop signs. Drives the people driving behind me nuts.
There was a whole thread on fb about how you don’t actually have to stop at a stop sign. She was very quickly shut down. And people like her are the reason there are car accidents.

I like to count things. I don’t HAVE to count them, but if a row of things is there I feel like I should count them. On Survivor when they have people lined up to compete I want to count them. It bugs me if they pan over them quickly and I can’t get a count. Row of chairs in a theatre, number of stairs I’m climbing, etc. But it doesn’t interfere with my life. Just like to do it.

I do not think I could ever use a stainless steel straw.
I love the environment but don't think I could.

I cannot use a stainless straw either and HATE paper straws, especially if I order a mojito or frozen drink, nope. So now, I bring my own plastic straws when I travel. I save them, take extra from DD/Starbucks and have purchased several thousand from Amazon and saving them for when I can no longer find plastic straws. I purchase a thousand every once in a while and guess I need to do that soon again, although I have a whole section of a cabinet with DD and Starbuck straws. The ones I personally use, I clean and reuse. I'm so worried about not having plastic, the thought of the stainless steel makes me feel horrid inside LOL I toss straws that others use, but now thinking I'll buy paper or stainless steel for them and get to keep my plastic.

I cannot use a stainless straw either and HATE paper straws, especially if I order a mojito or frozen drink, nope. So now, I bring my own plastic straws when I travel. I save them, take extra from DD/Starbucks and have purchased several thousand from Amazon and saving them for when I can no longer find plastic straws. I purchase a thousand every once in a while and guess I need to do that soon again, although I have a whole section of a cabinet with DD and Starbuck straws. The ones I personally use, I clean and reuse. I'm so worried about not having plastic, the thought of the stainless steel makes me feel horrid inside LOL I toss straws that others use, but now thinking I'll buy paper or stainless steel for them and get to keep my plastic.

I mean I was just gonna go straw-less for the most part, but I can see you're going to the next level.
I hadn't really thought about frozen drinks though. My God did they think about frozen drinks.
Yet everybody has a KUERIG!!! This is whats wrong with this country!

Last edited:
I won't eat at a booth in a restaurant. They gross me out so much... :crazy2: Upholstered booths are the absolute worst, esp if there is a break in between the back and bottom cushion. Just thinking about it makes me feel nauseous. I can tolerate a solid wood booth a tad better, if I can sit on the end and practically hang out the edge. I've yet to meet someone who feels strongly about booths (anyone out there?) but friends/family seem to not mind accommodating my weird issue.

I'm fairly picky about tables, anyways, so DH always stands off to the side while I scope out which table meets my standards :teeth: This is also why we rarely eat CS at Disney - the tables are often so gross and I can't stomach it.

(I'm also that person who uses a napkin to pick up any condiments on the table, but that doesn't seem to be as odd as my aversion to booths)

I hate booths too. I mean, I'll sit in one if I have to but if I have a choice I will avoid it. Same as you, they gross me out. Mostly just the vinyl/upholstered ones. Those crevices in the back and sides that are poorly cleaned just make my skin crawl. I will never sit too far back when I have to sit in a vinyl booth. The solid fiberglass/wood ones don't bother me as much since there are no cracks and can be more properly cleaned.

I hate the sound of fans. We have them running in the house a lot in the summer to circulate the AC (no central air, we have window units on each side of the main floor) and it's always a relief to turn them off and have quiet. I can't sleep with one blowing on me, either.

I’m absolutely the same way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter