What’s something you’re weird about..

No chicken bones for me either. I can buy and cook a steak or pork chop with a bone, but I remove it before putting it on a plate.

The sight of people gnawing or sucking on chicken wing or rib bones makes me gag. :crazy2:

Arrrgh. Tis be t'way to eat chicken like a pirate matey.

No. It's a texture/ touch thing. I won't do it myself. Hate the feeling. And if I see someone else doing it... I get that same sensation. My mom has a habit of rubbing her hands down her thigh and if she's wearing any fabric that has a texture like that it gives me chills. Ugh.
Thanks for explaining. So you imagine how it feels and you don't like that feeling - OK. Is it just denim and cord or any fabric, like say maybe a fuzzy sweater or a pair of nylons?

Thanks for explaining. So you imagine how it feels and you don't like that feeling - OK. Is it just denim and cord or any fabric, like say maybe a fuzzy sweater or a pair of nylons?
Anything with enough of the wrong texture, lol. Told you it was weird. I've never met anyone else bothered by it.

I cannot use a stainless straw either and HATE paper straws, especially if I order a mojito or frozen drink, nope. So now, I bring my own plastic straws when I travel. I save them, take extra from DD/Starbucks and have purchased several thousand from Amazon and saving them for when I can no longer find plastic straws. I purchase a thousand every once in a while and guess I need to do that soon again, although I have a whole section of a cabinet with DD and Starbuck straws. The ones I personally use, I clean and reuse. I'm so worried about not having plastic, the thought of the stainless steel makes me feel horrid inside LOL I toss straws that others use, but now thinking I'll buy paper or stainless steel for them and get to keep my plastic.

I started bring my own straw too.. I have a pretty good stash in my car console from fast food places, for the just in case they forget the straw in the bag... I keep a extra one in my handbag as well.... I have some straws in a baggie in the beach, pool, or boat bag... I most definitely bring a whole package when we are traveling, I have a ziploc bag in my day bag with napkins, hand wipes, straws, cleaning wipes, and hand soap... just a few of each, and I refill as needed at night before going to bed to be ready for the next day... As far as plastic, paper or stainless steel... that doesn't matter I just have to have a straw....

ha ha! That's so bizarre! That's quite unusual. Me, if the tv is on, i'll never get to sleep. It has to be white noise like a fan or white noise machine. Odd thing is, if i use a white noise app on my phone, i'll be awake all night. That just doesn't work for me. But the white noise machine i have works like a charm. Go figure. I have a picky brain. :confused3

I love the sound the fan makes, and we always hope that there is a ceiling fan in the hotel rooms... I have my DGS white noise machine its a small portable one and doesn't take up any room, and is light weight. He has pretty much out grown it so I now I take with us when we travel... It has only like 5 setting, white noise, waves, rain, wind blowing, and a heart beat sound... we use the everything but the heart beat sound...

With the white noise on my phone and my ear buds, I use it when we fly, when I am reading... It drowns out all the plane noise as well as everyone around me... I really can't sleep on a plane more than a hour or so at a time... I did realize that the white noise with the ear buds its really not relaxing when trying to sleep, so I changed it to the rain, and turned the volume to where I could just hear it, yet still drowning out the plane noise... and this helped me sleep for around almost 3 hours.... woo hoo...

I love the sound the fan makes, and we always hope that there is a ceiling fan in the hotel rooms... I have my DGS white noise machine its a small portable one and doesn't take up any room, and is light weight. He has pretty much out grown it so I now I take with us when we travel... It has only like 5 setting, white noise, waves, rain, wind blowing, and a heart beat sound... we use the everything but the heart beat sound...

With the white noise on my phone and my ear buds, I use it when we fly, when I am reading... It drowns out all the plane noise as well as everyone around me... I really can't sleep on a plane more than a hour or so at a time... I did realize that the white noise with the ear buds its really not relaxing when trying to sleep, so I changed it to the rain, and turned the volume to where I could just hear it, yet still drowning out the plane noise... and this helped me sleep for around almost 3 hours.... woo hoo...
For me, ceiling fans are usless because they dont provide a lot of white noise, if any. And i cant sleep with any noise other than the hum of the fan. Anything that sounds like a fan is fine for me. Rain unfortunately doesnt do much for me, other than relax me. I cant sleep to it. One setting that really makes me laugh is the water dripping sound. Like when you have a leaky faucet and all you hear is drip drip drip. Omg that would drive me mental! :lmao: But I love my little white noise machine. I just realised that i could easily travel with it too as its not very big.

As for the plane, i have a hard time sleeping on planes too. But i did bring my noise cancelling headphones once and that worked out well.

Well, at most weddings, when I am tired, I pull up a chair near the DJs speakers and doze.off. Loud music soothes me! Many pics.of me, as a kid, sprawled out in front of speakers, or passed out at loud sporting events. The louder, the better I sleep!

The ONE thing I found, noise wise, that I cannot sleep through/to? That damn old game show, Sale of the Century. 🤪🤪🤪

You sleep at someone's wedding as an adult? That's weird and sort of rude. If you're tired why don't you just leave the reception?

You sleep at someone's wedding as an adult? That's weird and sort of rude. If you're tired why don't you just leave the reception?

Ha! I guess it could look that way - however, it has only a few times as an adult, and most times it is because I am hanging with a sleepy kid, or have had too much alcohol :) It was something my parents started with me when I was young - at weddings, they would make a bed out of chairs, usually by the side of the DJ booth so I was out of the way, and I would go to sleep. So, it is a lullaby to me. I can guarantee you, I was not the only one. We party till the sun shines in my circle! Naps, included!

Remember, this is the "what are you weird about" thread...so, I think I fit right in!

As a guy, I don't think women in high heels is that attractive, seems like it's uncomfortable.

It is usually super uncomfortable, but the shoes are so pretty and being taller is fun. It also makes the legs and bum look nicer.

I also balance out my egg cartons, but I do it differently. I take every other egg from the right then back row, from right to left. (I.E. first egg in the front row, 2nd egg in the back row, 3rd egg in the front row, etc.)

Your way is acceptable too. I shouldn't have said my way was the ONLY correct method.

I have a favorite cup. It is the only one that I drink out of. We have plenty. It isn't anything special. I don't know why I gravitate towards it to the point I won't use the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter