What’s the cleared land at Animal Kingdom for?

momandmousefan

Mouseketeer
So the pending closing of Rafiki’s Planet watch got my husband and I checking out the maps to see if there might be other reasons besides budget cuts that would have caused the closure.

We were looking at google satellite images and saw a ton of cleared land between conservation way and e savannah circle just south affection section.

Sorry if it’s been asked or discussed before (I tried to search) but does anyone know what they’re doing there? It’s a pretty large section of land.

So the pending closing of Rafiki’s Planet watch got my husband and I checking out the maps to see if there might be other reasons besides budget cuts that would have caused the closure.

We were looking at google satellite images and saw a ton of cleared land between conservation way and e savannah circle just south affection section.

Sorry if it’s been asked or discussed before (I tried to search) but does anyone know what they’re doing there? It’s a pretty large section of land.
That area is prep land for horticulture and other things.

This area was originally a tree farm when they first started building the park. It was then going to be used for the Tiger River Run attraction which was cut from the park. It is now used as a storage area, and they also did the Avatar rockwork mockups back there.

upload_2018-10-2_12-24-54.png

What about all of the land that's been cleared that can be seen from 429?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter