What’s the top three resorts to walk/jog around?

I don't know how the OP would feel about this ... but for me, the idea is a strong NO.

My idea of walking is to remain "with nature" as much as possible. Not to do a city street sidewalk. Not to worry about crossing a driveway. Not to wait for lights at cross-walks. Waaaaay to much city for me. Blech.
I did it a few years ago when I was trying to walk three miles. We were staying at one of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd and I even walked through Downtown Disney before it became Disney Springs. It was about 7AM when I did it. It was fine.

Otherwise, you are going to have to wait until the road between Ft Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge reopens to get any kind of Nature walk at WDW. Two years is a long wait. A stop light is only 30 seconds or so

I did it a few years ago when I was trying to walk three miles. We were staying at one of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd and I even walked through Downtown Disney before it became Disney Springs. It was about 7AM when I did it. It was fine.

Otherwise, you are going to have to wait until the road between Ft Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge reopens to get any kind of Nature walk at WDW. Two years is a long wait. A stop light is only 30 seconds or so
For me, walking on the inner loop trail at SSR and along the canal towards OKW is 'sufficient' nature for me while away from home, which is long on nature. I have enjoyed the path from Wilderness Lodge and Ft Wilderness and even enjoyed walking around the campground in years past.

With OKW and SSR, you can walk/run around both resorts (they connect with the path along the Trumbo Canal), plus add in Disney Springs. And if you want a longer distance, you can walk/run down the road past the Disney Springs Hotels. You have sidewalks all the way. Riviera would have CBR, with the addition of AoA and Pop Century as well.

This is what DH and I do. If we are staying at OKW or SSR, we walk between the two resorts, within the resorts and to Disney Springs.

When we are at BCV or BWVs, we walk around the lake a ton of times and walk to DHS.

We also walk at home 5-6 miles.

This is one thing I think I am going to miss after buying DVC - I love the loop at POR/POFQ for a morning run. It's not that long so I end up doing 3 laps or so but it's just a really nice way to start the day. The loop around the lake at AoA/POP is also really nice. Does BLT have anything like this?

They are building the bridge from GF to MK and looks like it should be open in a few months, so the Poly, GF, MK, & BLT loop might be pretty good. Also, there is a loop around the water BC, BW, & Swolphin that looks pretty good.
Can't wait for this bridge to be completed. Really looking forward to walking around the MK loop!

We also really enjoy the BW BC ring and renting the surrey bikes and huffing and puffing over the bridges!

SSR and OKW are the most spread out resorts and have more walking/ jogging area. SSR by far has the longest area with the path along the water in Congress Park area. I think they have a loop that is 3 miles long. At OKW if you jogged all the roads/sidewalks you’ll be around 3 miles too.

Totally agree with this! I can be found walking at Saratoga Springs and Old Key West often, especially at night due to previous skin cancer and melanoma. You can get a lot of miles in at, and between, these resorts! Sadly, now they put a sign up at Disney Springs which says it's closed at 8 AM and you can no longer walk through it. The Boardwalk area is also great to walk around the Yacht & Beach Resorts as well. There's a deviation on the path towards Studios which I'll take and cross over the bridge to Swan/Dolphin and walk there too. Please let us know your favorite areas as you explore!

This pic is from 2015 but to my knowledge, nothing has changed. This is at the Port Orleans resorts (French Quarter and Riverside). This is a very pleasant walking / running path. Just watch out for the sprinklers at dawn! 443233

I enjoy an early morning jog around OKW, especially as we go in December so it's lovely to check out how everyone has decorated their balconies and doors.

This is one thing I think I am going to miss after buying DVC - I love the loop at POR/POFQ for a morning run.
We *love* walking the paths of POR/POFQ! From SSR/DS we’ve been taking the boats to Port Orleans for evening time walks.

In short, for me this past summer, SSR was the best launching point for long “power” walks. :)

Two years is easy to wait- is it a sure thing that the path between CC and Fort Wilderness will be open? We plan to buy in January- we may not even get to use points (if contract comes stripped) for 2 years 😁

Oh! And will you be able to walk all between BLT across GF to Poly??

Can't wait for this bridge to be completed. Really looking forward to walking around the MK loop!

We also really enjoy the BW BC ring and renting the surrey bikes and huffing and puffing over the bridges!
There won't be a MK loop since you cannot walk between CR/BLT and TTC. So you'll do a out and back.

And you probably won't be able to walk past the MK without going through Security. Plus crossing the street going from CR to MK is a pain. It won't be like running the half or full marathon where the road is blocked off for you so you don't get hit by cars and buses.

I haven't heard about this and tried searching and found nothing. Can you provide more info?
This is a joke...that’s what some people are calling the new Reflections resort in Fort Wilderness because they don’t like the name. ;) There’s a thread about it:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/reflections-a-disney-lakeside-lodge.3719685/
Mea culpa. I sometimes forget that not everyone on these boards has been reading these pages for very long or keeps track of all the latest news. It was, indeed, a feeble joke. . .though I really still hate the actual name. pirate:

Mea culpa. I sometimes forget that not everyone on these boards has been reading these pages for very long or keeps track of all the latest news. It was, indeed, a feeble joke. . .though I really still hate the actual name. pirate:
It's like the joke about OKW being a retirement center since the original owners are all pretty old by now. And we all complain about kids on our grass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter