What’s your current workout routine?

lifesavacation

DIS Veteran
I’ve always done mainly cardio and yoga at the gym. About a month ago, I started Piyo. It’s an 8-week program that’s a combo of Pilates, yoga, and cardio. I work out 6 days a week and the workouts are around 30 minutes.

I’m loving the results so far. I’ve really seen a difference in my arms and hip area. At 45 years of age, I wasn’t sure if my body was capable of changing much.

Anyways, I’m wondering what everyone else does. I’m not sure what I’ll do after I finish the program. So if you love your workouts, please share :)

One or two days a week doing classes (boot camp, kickboxing, TRX, etc) at our gym and once a week personal training with my wife and the gym owner. I try to mix in some running occasionally when I can, but not as often lately.

Unfortunately, it's been sit on the couch while you drink wine lately. I've always been a very active person, and this inactivity makes me feel terrible. I need to get off my hiney and move again. I'm down to only about 1200 calories a day and close to no carbs to maintain my weight right now when I could just get up and workout again.

Mine just started back. 1 rotation on the nautilus machines(15 machines) - 4 reps of the 15 each. Then 60 minutes of hill drills on treadmill.

I have an Inner Thigh Blaster and an Apron (stomach fold) Assault that I do. These are fast becoming my problem areas since I've lost so much weight. I'm starting to look like a deflated balloon around my midriff and thighs. It's not really having much effect as of yet, and my doctor said that when someone loses 100 pounds (I'm nearly halfway there), they usually get loose skin that needs surgery to get rid of. So, I will always be a deflated balloon then 'coz I'm sure that Medicaid won't pay for a tummy tuck.

I spend about an hour and a half a day doing weights and 45 min on running , 6-7 days a week

I do the Leslie Sansone app for about 30 mins 2-3 times a week, I have ballet one day a week, and I have 4 hour dance rehearsals 1 day a week that I actually dance for about an hour to an hour an a half of it.

Tues - Deadlifts with back accessories
Wed - Shoulder presses with arm accessories
Fri - Squats, with more squats
Sat - Bench with chest and pressing accessories

DH - hockey 3 nights a week with 2 games on 2 of the nights, 48 minutes each. Gym the other nights doing my routine.

My favorite workout is Les Mills Bodypump at my gym. I really noticed a difference pretty fast doing that class, even after I'd been doing machines and free weights for while. You can find videos on youtube if you have some equipment. You can also subscribe to Les Mills, which I've thought about doing, but I think actually being in a class makes me push myself harder than when I'm home alone. Peer pressure! lol
Weekly
M- I see my trainer for strength 30 min and do elliptical 30 min
T-elliptical or machines or a little of both
W-body pump class
Th-step class
F-strength at home with weights/bands
Sometimes I'll pop in for elliptical on the weekend, or we'll go hiking when the weather is nice. Sometimes I just run errands and sit on the couch, too.

I enjoyed Pilates when I tried it last summer. Have you tried Barre? It has some aspects that remind me of Pilates. I really like it, but the current class schedule my gym offers it doesn't fit with my schedule.

I’m jealous of your gym classes. Our membership is at a family gym so my daughter (15) can participate and there’s no bodypump, TXR or anything beyond the basics. So I’d have to workout at home, which I’m doing now but I much prefer group classes.

I might try 3 days of lifting with something else 3 days a week. I’m a little intimidated by the weight equipment though. It’s not really something I’ve done before.

I’m a Senior Citizen and follow “Grow Young Fitness”. I think the first 5 or 10 are free to try. You can either pay by the month or buy for a flat fee if you like it. It’s a pretty good work-out for old people. A lot of it is sitting, but also some standing for leg work. I try and do it 4-5 days a week. I gotta get out and walk more.

I go to an exercise class 5 mornings a week. It's mostly women over 40, a nice group, and a combination of cardio, core, strength. we use a mix of weights, balls, TRX straps, resistance bands, etc. I like the variety, the people, and the fact that I am moving for 40 minutes

My favorite workout is Les Mills Bodypump at my gym. I really noticed a difference pretty fast doing that class, even after I'd been doing machines and free weights for while. You can find videos on youtube if you have some equipment. You can also subscribe to Les Mills, which I've thought about doing, but I think actually being in a class makes me push myself harder than when I'm home alone. Peer pressure! lol
Weekly
M- I see my trainer for strength 30 min and do elliptical 30 min
T-elliptical or machines or a little of both
W-body pump class
Th-step class
F-strength at home with weights/bands
Sometimes I'll pop in for elliptical on the weekend, or we'll go hiking when the weather is nice. Sometimes I just run errands and sit on the couch, too.

I enjoyed Pilates when I tried it last summer. Have you tried Barre? It has some aspects that remind me of Pilates. I really like it, but the current class schedule my gym offers it doesn't fit with my schedule.

I’m so excited to find another Body Pumper! I’ve been doing it since February and I love it. I go 3x a week , and take long walks on the other days. I’ve seen big improvements in my body. More muscle tone, more strength, and I’ve been able to increase my weights to the point where I feel like a BOSS. I love getting compliments on how sculpted my arms are.

I’ve even thought about going to training to become a Les Mills instructor. I really love it

I’m so excited to find another Body Pumper! I’ve been doing it since February and I love it. I go 3x a week , and take long walks on the other days. I’ve seen big improvements in my body. More muscle tone, more strength, and I’ve been able to increase my weights to the point where I feel like a BOSS. I love getting compliments on how sculpted my arms are.

I’ve even thought about going to training to become a Les Mills instructor. I really love it

:worship: 3x week! You should go for being an instructor! I want to try a couple times a week soon

How difficult is Bodypump? My gym offers it and it seems great but I’m intimidated! I’m mostly just afraid of looking like an idiot in a class. I love group exercise but I usually just stick to Zumba.

To answer OP- recently I’ve been doing 45 minutes cardio (elliptical or treadmill) then pop over for some reps on my favorite machines. I haven’t been in the gym in over a month because work has been so hectic :(

How difficult is Bodypump? My gym offers it and it seems great but I’m intimidated! I’m mostly just afraid of looking like an idiot in a class. I love group exercise but I usually just stick to Zumba.
Zumba is my "I can't do it because I look like an idiot in class" - seriously I've tried it and I have zero moves lol

You can adjust the difficulty by adjusting your weights, and no one is going to call you out or judge you if you need a little break now and then. After all this time I still can't do more than a few pushups. They even tell new people at all the Les Mills classes I've been to that it's perfectly fine to leave after the first few sets (20-30 min). When you first start don't plan on sitting on the toilet comfortably for a couple days after class, though. All those squats get you ;)

Check out a class routine on youtube and see what you think.

To answer OP- recently I’ve been doing 45 minutes cardio (elliptical or treadmill) then pop over for some reps on my favorite machines. I haven’t been in the gym in over a month because work has been so hectic :(

I totally agree with @dotfurio. I did one Zumba class and it was so hard! I’m not coordinated enough.

If you keep your weights low your first time and just focus on form, you’ll be fine. I was intimidated at first too, and I almost didn’t go into the class because there was so much equipment involved, and it seemed like everyone knew what they were doing. I’m really glad I took that first step.

Thank you @dotfurio and @emer95!! That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear. I remember looking at YouTube videos several months ago and was worried about how much equipment is involved and having to figure everything out. I’m glad that they’re okay with pacing oneself. I’m definitely going to give it a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter