What’s your current workout routine?

I totally agree with @dotfurio. I did one Zumba class and it was so hard! I’m not coordinated enough.

If you keep your weights low your first time and just focus on form, you’ll be fine. I was intimidated at first too, and I almost didn’t go into the class because there was so much equipment involved, and it seemed like everyone knew what they were doing. I’m really glad I took that first step.

Thank you @dotfurio and @emer95!! That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear. I remember looking at YouTube videos several months ago and was worried about how much equipment is involved and having to figure everything out. I’m glad that they’re okay with pacing oneself. I’m definitely going to give it a try!
You might also check to see if your gym has “Intro To BodyPump.” The last time I checked my gym’s schedule they had added this.

Right now I just walk. Now that the kids are back in school and we’ve wrapped up the latest home improvement project I plan on giving BodyPump a try. I’d love to do Pilates as well but it’s always packed. I miss step classes but for whatever reason they don’t seem to be popular at my particular gym.

Running 3 miles 4 days a week and push ups, pull ups, prisoner squats, forward and reverse lunges. Slowly increasing reps on the strength exercises and will start doing long runs soon.

I was a Zumba and Cardio Dance fanatic until I screwed up my ankle from various sprains and a break. Now I just walk my dog daily about 2.5 miles. I also do yoga every evening. I wish I had my Zumba body still, but my old ankles just couldn't take it.

I wouldn't exactly call it a "routine" - I sort of try to squeeze in some exercise when I can.

Mostly, I pull out the mini-trampoline when I'm watching TV, and step/march on it. I've started small with some hand weights to try to tone up my arms and back as well.

PIYO is fun and a good workout. I typically workout 5-6 days a week. My routine is a combination of cardio and weights.

I do a full body weight workout 3 times a week along with a short cardio workout - 20/30 minutes on the elliptical. I either do this on my own or in a class. If I'm on my own I use an app on my phone.

One day a week I run with a few friends, another day a take a yoga class and I usually add another cardio class like spin to my week.

I used to do PIYO weekly but the teacher I really enjoyed isn't teaching any longer and the other teachers just aren't very good.

Mon-Fri at the gym, split up by body parts. Spend about 45 minutes lifting weights, then about 10-15 minutes of cardio.

I like the gym, and go four to five times a week. I take bootcamp, tabatta and boxing classes. When the weather is good, I add a 30-45 minutes walk.

I swim 60 laps twice a week. Easier on my 61 year old joints than any of that equipment inside

I use to ride an hour or 2 almost every day. Then I got divorced and had a lot of time on my hands. My buddy at work got me riding 60-70 miles on the weekends. Last year he talked me into riding from Pittsburgh to DC. On the way home from DC, his wife said to me, you ready to ride across NY in 2 weeks. Absolutely I am. I'm hooked.

Unfortunately, the daily riding ceased. We're really busy and I have to work a lot of overtime now. This is going to cost me a fortune when we go back in for child support. I even asked if I could stay on the clock and not get paid. I have to work the OT, it has the potential of costing me 4 times as much over the next 3 years I have left. I already have 4 times the overtime my child support is based on from the beginning of the year and now the OT has diminished. They don't care, when I remove my oldest turning 18 on Thursday, at the end of the school year, they will reevaluate and I'll probably be paying more but won't have the OT any more.

But by the time I get home, it's around 7 pm. No time to cook nor time to exercise. So I don't eat or exercise and I figured the no eating would let me lose a little weight. I'm counting about 1000 calories I'm now eating since I only eat lunch at work.

I do Training for Warriors TFW (a gym with only group classes) work outs 4 days a week and then throw in some yoga and the odd bootcamp here and there. Get out and walk/run when possible as well.

I'm finishing up a training program for Wine & Dine weekend so lots of running at the moment. I've added functional lifts to my running base to help improve my times and after my current block is over I am trying an entirely new routine to try and get my times down to BQ level. It will be a program designed to change me to a fat adapted runner and includes not only a significant change in my training but an entirely new nutrition routine as well.

Beyond the running and functional lifting I hit the pool over lunch 2 to 3 times a week at the moment and do a lot of hiking. If we get a snowy winter I will also add in long (2 hour +) snowshoe hikes.

I'm finishing up a training program for Wine & Dine weekend so lots of running at the moment. I've added functional lifts to my running base to help improve my times and after my current block is over I am trying an entirely new routine to try and get my times down to BQ level. It will be a program designed to change me to a fat adapted runner and includes not only a significant change in my training but an entirely new nutrition routine as well.

Beyond the running and functional lifting I hit the pool over lunch 2 to 3 times a week at the moment and do a lot of hiking. If we get a snowy winter I will also add in long (2 hour +) snowshoe hikes.

What's a fat adapted runner?

I use to ride an hour or 2 almost every day. Then I got divorced and had a lot of time on my hands. My buddy at work got me riding 60-70 miles on the weekends. Last year he talked me into riding from Pittsburgh to DC. On the way home from DC, his wife said to me, you ready to ride across NY in 2 weeks. Absolutely I am. I'm hooked.

Unfortunately, the daily riding ceased. We're really busy and I have to work a lot of overtime now. This is going to cost me a fortune when we go back in for child support. I even asked if I could stay on the clock and not get paid. I have to work the OT, it has the potential of costing me 4 times as much over the next 3 years I have left. I already have 4 times the overtime my child support is based on from the beginning of the year and now the OT has diminished. They don't care, when I remove my oldest turning 18 on Thursday, at the end of the school year, they will reevaluate and I'll probably be paying more but won't have the OT any more.

But by the time I get home, it's around 7 pm. No time to cook nor time to exercise. So I don't eat or exercise and I figured the no eating would let me lose a little weight. I'm counting about 1000 calories I'm now eating since I only eat lunch at work.

I can't imagine eating only 1000 calories a day. I had 1300 yesterday and I'm doing intermittent fasting where I only eat between 12:00pm-8:00pm and all I can think about is lunch in an hour. I'd probably spend all day hangry if I only ate 1000 calories ;)

I do a 4 day powerlifting split that usually averages 90 minutes to 2 hours after factoring warm ups and cool downs

I've lost 23 pounds and have once again taken up running. I now run 25-30 miles per week, and have entered a race! I'm slower than the last time I raced (25+ years ago), but my times are decent for a 60 year old woman. So, I run 6+ days a week. A also bike some at the gym (to mix it up) and lift weights 2-3 days per week. For my age, I'm in good shape now...especially with the excess weight gone. Aiming to lose another 3-5 pounds but I'm good where I am too. :-)

Right now I really just do light PT for my back. It's mostly stretching and a little core strengthening. It takes only a few minutes a day. I should do it morning and evening, but a lot of times I only do mornings. I need to get back on my elliptical thingy that I bought and hit more cardio. Fortunately, ice skating season is soon and I usually hit that a couple times a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!