What’s your plan for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

The usual...
snack prep during the day on Xmas Eve.
Leave for 4pm church at 3pm since its always insanely crowded unlike every other week at church.
Come back and finish making snacks which is what we will have for dinner.

Xmas Day my parents make the full turkey dinner.
Family comes over around 3pm and the youngest generation opens gifts before dinner.
Then after dinner is cleaned up my generation opens gifts.
By the time that is done since my parents like gifts opened one at a time generally don't even get to open theirs until the next day as it gets too late.

Leave for 4pm church at 3pm since its always insanely crowded unlike every other week at church.

Growth-Ideas.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-18_12-41-11.jpeg
    upload_2018-12-18_12-41-11.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 3
This will be our first Christmas away from home. Christmas Eve just chill at the Beach Club. Christmas Day, Epcot then Christmas dinner at Ale & Compass.

Christmas Eve, a big family party at our house because we have a finished basement with bar, jukebox, sound system, etc. Christmas Day we open gifts in the morning, and that's about it. In my area, the big holiday is New Year's Day because we watch the Mummers Parade and then go to the old neighborhood to watch the various bands and brigades come down 2nd Street.

I work from 9am-1pm. Office closes and the boss takes us out for lunch. Then we are free to go. We will go to DH brothers house for a Christmas Eve carol sing. Back there in the morning and then to my sister's place for Christmas Dinner. Boxing Day brunch at my Aunt and Uncle's home. All within a 30 minute drive. I do have to make the potatoes for Christmas dinner, but that's easier than hosting!

Absolutely nothing, except relaxing by the fire. I am a picture puzzle addict, so usually have one set up to work on, or not, at various times, plus I love to read. Dh will be doing whatever, or doing the same as I.

Christmas Eve is usually spent with my family at my parents house. Christmas Day I will work and then spend the evening with my husband in the hospital. Boxing Day is our four year wedding anniversary so I’ll work that day and then spend the evening with him again. New Years Eve, too, will be spent with him.

. In my area, the big holiday is New Year's Day because we watch the Mummers Parade and then go to the old neighborhood to watch the various bands and brigades come down 2nd Street.

Oh I miss watching the Mummers - we now live just out of the area, and I get Baltimore news, not Philly anymore :mad:.

Christmas Eve:

Brunch at our favorite local place
Mary Poppins (!!!!!)
Bake brownies for the next day
Grab some takeout for dinner
Watch It's a Wonderful Life

Christmas Day:

For the first time in 9 years we are only going to one family house. This year we get to sleep in, eat a leisurely breakfast and watch the Disney Christmas parade. Then we will head to my cousin's house in New Orleans for the evening.

A whole lot of nothing....

It is just the four of us.

DH has to work Christmas eve till 5pm so the I will just relax around the house on Christmas eve with the kids.
We have to go pick our Christmas lunch up that I pre-ordered.

Christmas day we will get up. My mom will come over. We will open gifts. Eat our lunch together. Rest of the day we will lounge around.

That is Christmas and Christmas eve for us.

Christmas Day we’ll spend at my daughter’s on the lake with just immediate family skating, skiing & sledding. Christmas Eve will be at SIL’s coffee shop with 50 some relatives of DH’s, our 3 Grandkids & The Big Guy here .. upload_2018-12-18_13-49-5.jpeg

Quiet one here -- no family coming to town, and we're staying put.

Christmas Eve
- Make egg casserole and cinnamon rolls; refrigerate (might actually get it done BEFORE church)
- Make gingerbread during the day / play board games
- 4:30 p.m. - DH is playing with a brass quintet for mass, so we're Catholic at Christmas
- Normally, we go out to eat after, but DD is working until 9 p.m. Will cook salmon, green veggie for dinner to allow for leftovers for DD

Christmas
- 9:30 a.m. - DS and DDIL coming over with her DS10 (put casserole in oven) - open gifts
- 11 a.m. - DS/DDIL leave - take her DS to her mother's
- 2 p.m. - DS/DDIL return - dinner (prime rib, pierogis, green something or other, rolls, chocolate cream pie, cherry pie

DS and DDIL will leave around 4 to go to her family, but we'll play some games before they go.

Don't have one yet.

We usually go to church on Christmas eve, then come back home, eat a bunch of junk food and watch Christmas movies until we can't stay up any longer.

Christmas Day we open presents, eat something yummy for breakfast, then have Chinese food for dinner. The last 2 years we've gone to a movie in the afternoon.

This year we may go to visit family, I don't know what we'll end up doing.

On Christmas Eve, we usually go out to lunch later in the day (at least late for us) - just my family of four. We’ll go to Christmas Eve service at 7:00 and then to my Aunt and Uncle’s house for appetizers and games.

On Christmas Day, we get up early (although I’m hoping my kids sleep in a little this year) and open presents. I’ll make cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then we’ll head to my parents’ house for lunch at 1:00. The kids open presents again there, we play games, and then we’ll probably leave around 6:00ish for home and relax the rest of the evening.

23rd: Potluck and gifts with the in-laws.

24th: My son is getting a few gifts that night — pjs and slippers, a “fancy” mug for hot cocoa, and a toy. We’ll spend the evening grazing on apps and cookies and watching Christmas movies.

25th: Gifts in the morning along with brunch-type foods and mimosas. Relax throughout the afternoon and let the kiddo play with his new goods. That night will be our big Christmas meal. I’ve extended “door is open” invitations to a friend and her two kids, my BFF, and I’m sure we’ll make that offer to the in-laws as well, when we see them next week. That means anywhere from 0-11 people coming through on Christmas night. Fewer people showing up means more food leftover and fewer meals I’ll have to cook in the coming week, so I’m happy either way.

Christmas Eve....nothing
Christmas Day...nothing

We are seeing the inlaws this weekend, and my family after Christmas. I look forward to sleeping in and spending my day in my jammies. I think I am kicking my husband and the kids out Saturday so I can wrap gifts.

On Christmas Eve, I have to work during the day, but in the evening:
  • We will most likely go to church
  • Go to Denny's for dinner (it's a tradition)
  • Come home, and open one present, pajamas.
  • Then I'll read The Night Before Christmas
  • Put out cookies and milk
  • Put my son to bed

On Christmas day
  • Wake up, and open presents from each other, Santa, and out of town family
  • Family will come over for dinner
  • After dinner, we will open gifts from each other, we use Elfster to do a family swap, it saves money

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter