What’s your score?

But isn’t that part of the challenge, you have done so many cruises that there could be hiccups like missing the boat or a med center visit.

Even a veteran cruiser might have experienced extremely rough seas or weather that might make them queasy. On one of our first cruises there were 25+ foot waves, outside deck 4 was closed due to wind and water up that high. At the vista cafe the next morning the server told me some of the crew were having difficulty with seasickeness because it was so rough.

I would hope that the more experienced a cruiser you are, the LESS likely you'd be to miss the ship. Seems very much a rookie mistake IMHO.

I still don't consider the other negative things badges of honor.

As for badges of honour: I don't know that I consider any of this a badge of honour. Perhaps an indication of our privilege, but it ain't a skill to take a cruise :rotfl2:

I agree wholeheartedly that some of those are NOT badges of honor: visited medical center, bad hangover, getting seasick (I still don't get why you cruise if you know you get seasick, but I know I'm weird in thinking I'd rather not cruise than medicate or be miserable if I did), and ESPECIALLY missing the ship are the things I don't get why they're considered worthy of honor. LOL.

I think getting sea sick is a kind of badge of honour for cruisers - especially when it is tied to a story of "I never get sick but this one time....the seas were so rough, I think we saw the Kraken...."

I never missed the ship thank goodness and I never cruised solo (would like too as I love doing WDW solo). Also never got seasick.

bigredboatandDisneyMagic.jpg

The Big Red Boat next to the Wonder in Nassau

Edited to adjust score...I did sail 3 continents.....North America, South America and Europe

MJ

Last edited:

This is kind of like cholesterol, there are good points and bad points, I believe all of mine fall in the good point category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter