What a Disney Coincidence!!

MIGrandma

Lives in the middle-of-the-mitten.
We went to our son/daughter-in-law's house this afternoon and finally got to meet our sweet little great-granddaughter who was born last month, and while there my daughter and I were talking to our oldest granddaughter. She mentioned she is going to Disneyworld in November 2018. What?! My daughter and I are going again, also in November 2018!! We asked her exactly WHEN, she wasn't sure as she is going with two of her friends from high school (our granddaughter is 25) and their Mom to celebrate their Mom's 50th birthday. So, she called one of the friends to find out. They will be there November 1 - 10 and my daughter and I will be there November 6 - 13!! What an amazing coincidence, since neither of us knew the other was going!! I'm so excited for her!!

She's only been to the Magic Kingdom once, about 7 years ago and it was during spring break and she said the park actually closed because it was at capacity so she didn't even enjoy it because it was so crowded. And they only stayed 5 hours! Didn't have any fastpasses so didn't get to ride any of the major rides like Haunted Mansion or Pirates. But she said she's looking forward to going with someone who knows what they are doing (her friends and their Mom have been to Disney several times so know the ropes!). She was asking me and my daughter questions too, and will probably ask more as the trip gets closer. :)

We're already talking about getting together one evening for dinner, and she said she'd hang out with us for a day too, and maybe go to the Mickey Christmas Party together. :) It really is "a small world afterall!" :)

Have you ever planned a WDW trip and then later found out close relatives were going to be there at the same time, and neither of you knew the other was going?!

My sister and her family were walking past the soccer store in Disney Springs last year as our brother and his family were exiting the store! They had no idea either would be there at that time.

Every time we go, we run into at least one different family we know.

That will be fun! We hardly know anyone else who goes to Disney, so this hasn't happened to us!

Last year, I ran into an old coworker while at a luau in Maui. We decided to sit together, and we had so much fun! This year, I posted about my upcoming DL trip, and she's going to be there part of the week as well! I would love to run into each other again, but I don't think we'll latch onto to each other like last year. I'm even more jazzed b/c my cousin's kid is going to school in San Diego and said she might be able to join us during the week. Here's hoping!

No, but when me and my family and my sister and her family were all at downtown Disney once walking outside a store, someone hollared at my sis. It was someone she knew from her ( small) town! So unexpected!

Last week my nephew's family from Arizona was at Disneyland and ran into my sister and her daughters from Utah. Neither family knew the others would be there.

We went to our son/daughter-in-law's house this afternoon and finally got to meet our sweet little great-granddaughter who was born last month, and while there my daughter and I were talking to our oldest granddaughter. She mentioned she is going to Disneyworld in November 2018. What?! My daughter and I are going again, also in November 2018!! We asked her exactly WHEN, she wasn't sure as she is going with two of her friends from high school (our granddaughter is 25) and their Mom to celebrate their Mom's 50th birthday. So, she called one of the friends to find out. They will be there November 1 - 10 and my daughter and I will be there November 6 - 13!! What an amazing coincidence, since neither of us knew the other was going!! I'm so excited for her!!

She's only been to the Magic Kingdom once, about 7 years ago and it was during spring break and she said the park actually closed because it was at capacity so she didn't even enjoy it because it was so crowded. And they only stayed 5 hours! Didn't have any fastpasses so didn't get to ride any of the major rides like Haunted Mansion or Pirates. But she said she's looking forward to going with someone who knows what they are doing (her friends and their Mom have been to Disney several times so know the ropes!). She was asking me and my daughter questions too, and will probably ask more as the trip gets closer. :)

We're already talking about getting together one evening for dinner, and she said she'd hang out with us for a day too, and maybe go to the Mickey Christmas Party together. :) It really is "a small world afterall!" :)

Have you ever planned a WDW trip and then later found out close relatives were going to be there at the same time, and neither of you knew the other was going?!

Ours happened while we were at Disney. My family was staying off site and we went around Easter. We went to Animal Kingdom and stopped on a bridge to look at some animals, and a cousin of ours and her family were there. They saw us and we went them for one ride and split up again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter