What a local radio show is doing for kids with disabilities

SandrainNC

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to share with all of you what a local radio station morning show team does every year for children with disabilities. I had never even heard of this until the other day. My sister listens to their show and was telling me about it. For the past 5 years they have taken children with disabilities (who's family could not afford to take them themselves) to Disney World. I heard them broadcasting on the radio earlier this week during their trip and it was very moving (I was having a hard time not crying while driving into work). Anyway, they are doing a great thing and I wanted to share. This is their site. From what I heard, not only do they take them there, but they have all kinds of things they do for them while they are there. An example is Disney artists (the ones that create the merchandise) came over and drew pictures of the kids which I thought was very cool. Here is their site.

www.grinkids.org

Sandra

That's a really neat program (and they have a cool website). Thanks for sharing.

I also went to their website, what a wonderful organization they have formed! If you get a chance, what their video, it is amazing, I cried through the whole thing!

Having a child with special needs can be really tough sometimes, but there's something about that Disney magic that makes it all go away, if even just for a little while, it's so nice to be treated so well, and feel so special, if only for a while...

Thanks for sharing the great works of this organization!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter