What about park hoppers?

So.... I know they said more info is forthcoming and we don’t know yet, but a point of interest regarding park hopping....

Disneyland resort in California has had a reservation based annual pass for about a year now, it’s the pass I have. When you reserve days you can specify the park or PARKS you plan to attend.,, I can reserve for Disneyland, CA Adventure or BOTH and park hop. Reservation availability might not be there for both so I might only be able to make one or the other but both is often an option.

It’s possible WDW will do that too.

We have been trying to determine our deal breakers for our September trip... we were Ok losing characters, fireworks, buffets, parades...We decided masks were OK; but I’m not sure I’m willing to lose park hopping. Pandora at night might be our other deal breaker, I’ve never been there and want to see the bioluminescence

I expect while reservation system is in place there wont be hopping. Reserve one park and that;s it. Now how (or if) that works with ADRs is a big question.
Thats how I would understand it.
Still wonder what happens if you have ADRs in a park but can't get a reservation to get in. Does it just get cancelled and you have find another?

At this point it would fall under modifying your reservation without penalty. I have park hoppers for August, but even if it’s possible, the shorter hours would make it not work the time.

To me it's not yet totally clear that you would be limited to one park per day. I may be they only GUARANTEE you get in to the park you reserve. There may be another park available to hop to, but possibly not all parks (as an example, you can hop from DHS (the park you reserved to and started at) to AK or EPCOT (big park) but not to MK (as it's the most likely to be at capacity). I think there are still many details to be released (or even decided) at this point.

I’m curious about hoppers as well, as we already have them on our package...and we had to have them for free dining. So I’m curious if we will get a refund or if they will tell us we have to keep it per the package even though there will be no hopping.
I'm wondering the same thing. We are booked with the Bounce Back offer and had to have park hoppers. Hate to pay the extra funds and not receive.

To me it's not yet totally clear that you would be limited to one park per day. I may be they only GUARANTEE you get in to the park you reserve. There may be another park available to hop to, but possibly not all parks (as an example, you can hop from DHS (the park you reserved to and started at) to AK or EPCOT (big park) but not to MK (as it's the most likely to be at capacity). I think there are still many details to be released (or even decided) at this point.

I'm sure you are 100% correct. (On the bolded statement in particular). It does make me wonder though. Why do they not have this information available now? They have been closed for a very long time, and a lot of folks who have a lot of money sitting out there are waiting to see how this all ends up. I can't imagine there have not been daily and weekly discussions amongst management on all of this, and that these things have not already been decided. Having the park opening days is great, but not knowing more details is rather frustrating for all.

I can't really even comprehend that people with early July reservations just found out yesterday there vacation is cancelled. That's just plain wrong and extremely poor customer service.

We’re going in July. Six of the tickets are WP + hopper. I hope they refund this or give a resort credit.

Still wonder what happens if you have ADRs in a park but can't get a reservation to get in. Does it just get cancelled and you have find another?

With capacity strictly limited, I wonder if they expect that ADR's won't be necessary.

Given they seem to have just cancelled FPs, I think they may just cancel in-park ADRs for everyone, and you'd have to remake them after getting a park entry reservation. Just a guess though.

Thanks all, for your input! I am thinking of all the same scenarios you are! I just hate waiting! I am such a planner I need to know sooner rather than later. I guess I will take solace in the fact that I have time to decide. Hope I can make ADR’s ( if they are even going to be required/necessary) on my available date! Happy waiting and imagined planning to all! 🤣🤣

Wouldn't that be something! Just roll up to the restaurant of your choice and put yourself on the wait list for the evening. Heaven.
If anything, I would think ADRS would be even more important to control the timing of guest arrival. You wouldn't want to have a waiting area full of people lingering around for an hour waiting for a table to open up.

It does make me wonder though. Why do they not have this information available now? They have been closed for a very long time, and a lot of folks who have a lot of money sitting out there are waiting to see how this all ends up. I can't imagine there have not been daily and weekly discussions amongst management on all of this, and that these things have not already been decided. Having the park opening days is great, but not knowing more details is rather frustrating for all.

I can't really even comprehend that people with early July reservations just found out yesterday there vacation is cancelled. That's just plain wrong and extremely poor customer service.

It does seem like Disney wasn't prepared for this. What have they been doing the past 9 weeks? Unfortunately they've created a system that requires a lot of pre-planning to manage (Reservations 11 months in advance, ADRs 180 days in advance, FP+s 60 days in advance, Special Events, Park Hours EMH schedule etc.) and now it seems like all that may have gone out the window. Meanwhile all of us planners are trying to figure out what we need to do to prepare (especially those of us that are going right after they open back up) but we do not know what it will look like or how to prepare :(
Hopefully Disney will be able to let us know a lot more details real soon
:confused3

With capacity strictly limited, I wonder if they expect that ADR's won't be necessary.

But restaurant capacity is also very limited. Probably 50% at best. I’m actually a little concerned about being able to just find a place to eat particularly at resorts since theme parks are closing earlier. Guess it depends on whether they limit guests at the resorts that are open.

But restaurant capacity is also very limited. Probably 50% at best. I’m actually a little concerned about being able to just find a place to eat particularly at resorts since theme parks are closing earlier. Guess it depends on whether they limit guests at the resorts that are open.

Worst case scenario we Uber to Chilis.

Read on another forum (not DISboards) someone posted: "There will be a way to park hop. I have heard every suggestion from allowing up to 2 park reservations per day for guests with park hoppable passes to requiring guests wait to see if there is availability to "hop" with leftover reservations on the day of. "
hmmmm So, if WDW provides some way to "hop", even if it's not guaranteed and based upon availability the day of, then they avoid having to give refunds to those of us who prepaid for hoppers. I could see it going that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!