What age did you stop bringing a stroller?

Just thought of something though, our MK day my boys are doing pirates league and my daughter is doing BBB. They all have costumes but I was going to bring a change of clothes in case they get hot and sick of wearing them. So a stroller would help for carrying that stuff around. Anyone know if MK has locker rentals?

Just thought of something though, our MK day my boys are doing pirates league and my daughter is doing BBB. They all have costumes but I was going to bring a change of clothes in case they get hot and sick of wearing them. So a stroller would help for carrying that stuff around. Anyone know if MK has locker rentals?

MK does have locker rentals at the front of the park.

My daughter is 7, and this will be the first year she will walk at Disney. We have 2 younger kids (3 and 10 months) so we will have a double stroller. I"m bringing a baby carrier too because I know my oldest will want some breaks in the stroller especially at night. If I were you, I would bring a stroller for your youngest. The younger two can take turns using it if necessary. If you see that you don't need it, then you can leave it in the room. In the alternative, you could plan to go without one and then rent one if you see that you need it. Disney is a lot of walking in the heat. I say anything that makes your trip some enjoyable is a good thing.

Lol better question for me is
“When did you stop letting the kids ride in the stroller”
My kids walk. Last time someone used my youngest was 4.
Now I bring exclusivity for our junk!

Our last trip with a stroller (ONE stroller) our kids were 4 and 5. The 5 year old walked the whole time. As soon as we got back from that trip, we sold the stroller.

My DD is going to be 5, we'll still be bringing the stroller this trip. She doesn't always ride in it but it is nice to have it when we are trying to get somewhere or entering/exiting the park. There have been times we've gone back for the night or just going to dinner that we thought we didn't need it and she inevitably falls asleep on the bus and we regret not having it lol.

We went stroller-less at age 5 and it worked great for us, except I missed the place to stash stuff.

Older son was 3 on his first visit and he did not use a stroller (never occurred to us to have one for him, he hadn't used on at home for awhile either). We took a small stroller for younger son when he was 4 and he refused to use it.

Each of my kids last trips with strollers they were 3. After that DS went back at 8 and there's no way I'm pushing an 8 year old in a stroller unless he has a medical condition. My son was/is a healthy, active kid.

When DD was 5 we went to WDW for her 3rd trip (previous trip she was 3). We debated on bringing a stroller and decided not to bring one. We did say that if she required one we would rent one. Only if she asked or complained. We never needed it. We went in August, did 6 park days with RD, midday breaks by the pool and back for a PM park. She never asked for a stroller once. She didn't even complain about her feet bothering her. It was the best trip ever!! Not having to push all that dead weight really gave me energy at WDW I didn't know I had. LOL We also went bagless that trip. It was amazing.

We're planning on bringing a stroller. We usually plan busy days and the stroller helps keep us moving. They can nap in it while we travel between parks and rest.

How do you go bagless? I always have something to carry a purse, water bottles, something. I may have that as a disney goal.

We're planning on bringing a stroller. We usually plan busy days and the stroller helps keep us moving. They can nap in it while we travel between parks and rest.

How do you go bagless? I always have something to carry a purse, water bottles, something. I may have that as a disney goal.

We do midday breaks so i can live without anything for 4 hours. I just take my ID, some cash, a card in case my MB doesn’t work and my insurance card in my lanyard. We go in with one water bottle. If we get thirsty we get free QS water. For four hours my phone doesn’t die either. Next trip if we do some later PM EMH i May take a bag for our portable chargers and since it’ll be November we might need to pack sweaters but we shall see.

At 3.5 - a stroller was used (and needed). The next trip - at 5 - we went with the attitude we would rent one in the parks if it seemed necessary. No stroller was ever rented.

Our last trip with a double stroller was when they kids were 11, 9 and 7. Yes, our 11 year old rode in it and even took a nap in it twice. Our 9 year old barely rode in it and 7 year old also loved being pushed. The stroller was more for my enjoyment of the trip than my children's. I enjoyed not having to carry any tired children. I enjoyed being able to bring water from the hotel and not carry it in a backpack that hurts my back. I enjoyed walking at a pace that was much faster than my child who is slow mover and makes me crazy. I enjoyed knowing where my child who wanders was when we walked and not having to pay attention every second to where he was. I also enjoyed more time in the parks with my family because my children who melt in the heat could enjoy more of the day because they had a place to take a break away from the sun. So decide what makes your vacation the most magical and don't worry what other people have chosen. I promise that there will be older kids than yours in strollers at the parks.

Our next trip will be our first "real trip" without a stroller. I say "real" bc we were at the parks for a day and a half in Nov before our Merrytime cruise and we didn't have one. Our June trip will be 5 days. I think for the most part it will be fine. The older one def won't need it. She will be 7. The little one will be 4. She will be ok during the day. I am just worried about late nights at the park on the way back to the car. I also will miss having a place to put our stuff. I won't miss having to search stroller parking!

We went with one with the youngest at 6. It was more for my sanity as he is a whiner and it was HOT the last time we went. He ended up sleeping in it in EPCOT, so we were glad we had it. I won't lie - the older one (8) rode in it a bit as well. He's on the autism spectrum and it gives him a bit of his own space to decompress. Next trip is sans stroller (youngest will be 7). I suspect we will rent a double at EPCOT our next trip but otherwise we're done.

I think it depends on your kiddos. If my 9 year old is walking....god help us all. However, my 8 year old could climb Mt. Everest and not complain. So...stroller for us!

My youngest son was 6 or 7 when we stopped bringing a stroller. We brought just an umbrella stroller the last few years as he would get tired with all the walking. You will know when they don't need one.

DS is 8 and DD is 4... last time we went he was 6 and she was almost 3, and we did a double. That was nice, but they couldn't keep their hands to themselves and they drove my husband & I insane with constantly having to get on them to leave each other alone. Plus, the double stroller was a bit cumbersome to maneuver, plus the bus, etc. But I wouldn't have done without it. This time, we'e doing 1 single, for DD. We figure DS can hop in every so often if he gets tired.

It truly varies from family to family; not every family does the parks the same way, same length, etc. We have actually never, ever used a stroller at home. But it was definitely helpful for us at the parks, getting quickly from A to B, keeping the kids in close proximity (for better or worse, haha) and to allow a nap if needed.

I think it depends on the kid. We don’t have a stroller anymore only a wagon. If the 4 yr old is really tired he jumps in. We are renting a stroller for our trip but just a single mini gt. The 4 yr old has short legs and the dad is 6 ft and is all about moving fast. We’ll let the 7 yr old sit in it while waiting or something for a short period.

When DD was 5 we went to WDW for her 3rd trip (previous trip she was 3). We debated on bringing a stroller and decided not to bring one. We did say that if she required one we would rent one. Only if she asked or complained. We never needed it. We went in August, did 6 park days with RD, midday breaks by the pool and back for a PM park. She never asked for a stroller once. She didn't even complain about her feet bothering her. It was the best trip ever!! Not having to push all that dead weight really gave me energy at WDW I didn't know I had. LOL We also went bagless that trip. It was amazing.
I am glad that you shared this experience -- I have been so on the fence with bringing or renting a stroller for our DD -- she will be 5 in May (trip is next week!) -- she is a giant and the size of a 6 yo. At home she complains when we go on walks, but i am hopeful that with all the excitement and the intermittent walking from attraction to attraction that she will be more involved in what is going on vs complaining about her feet.

We have adjusted our expectations that we will be going at her pace and have planned for afternoon breaks. So fingers crossed that she will be able to handle the trip. I guess if all else fails we can arrange for a stroller to be delivered.

I thought we wouldn't need it when my youngest was 5 last year but brought it anyways since its small she hadn't used a stroller since she was 2 but boy am I glad we brought it by hour 3 of walking in the hot sun she was melting and begging for the stroller and it was a nice place to hold our water bottles and stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter