What age did you stop bringing a stroller?

We brought one long after we stopped using one at home. We don’t use it anymore (8 & 10 year olds now), but we had a double stroller where the youngest could sit in the front and the oldest could stand on the back. Plus it was nice to have somewhere to put all the merchandise that we accumulated during the day. :)

I am going to WDW with only my 8 year old in three weeks, leaving the 3 yo at home, and I am so excited to have NO STROLLER for the first time since our grown-ups only visit in 2012! But I will admit I will miss having the stroller console in front of me with cupholders, a pocket for my sunglasses/phone/etc, and the stroller basket for stashing everything else. Maybe I will rent a Disney stroller and tell my son it's his turn to push ME around as I relax in the shade...

I think the last time my DD used a stroller is when she was 6. We had weaned her from it and we were down to just using it at Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

We will be in WDW in a little less than 2 months. I was initially excited for my first trip without a stroller. My kids are 11, 7 and 5 and in the past, I've always had a baby or toddler on our trips so we obviously had a stroller. Even though they are past stroller age at home, I'm starting to wonder if it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring one for the younger two to have a break since Disney involves so much walking? I have a lightweight Maclaren I can bring. Or would it look ridiculous for kids that old to ride in a stroller, lol? What age did you stop bringing a stroller for WDW trips? TIA!

We just went and my youngest was 5 and we took ours. He wouldn't have made it without one. Honestly, we'd when things where congested, we'd find a stroller parking area, walk around and before we left that area of the park, we'd go back and get it. Especially our MK day, we stayed from rope drop until fireworks, he slept in it at the end of the night. And we took our lunches too, so I found it helpful just to carry all of our stuff.

I love having a stroller so that we can hold all of our stuff! We are going again next Easter and we will rent one for my daughter, who will be 6. Likely this will be the last time though.

I took my oldest by himself when he was 5 and skipped the stroller. He did "okay" but I probably could have avoided a couple meltdowns and picked up the pace a bit if we had one. My twins are now 6 and I'll be bringing a stroller when they go with me this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter