What Airline do you prefer to fly, are

We fly Delta out of LAX. We got their CC for free bags and priority boarding. I’ve tried to find cheaper flights but after I price out other airlines for the 3 of us, Delta is still usually cheaper.

Within the US, or US to Mexico, I prefer Southwest. For everywhere else my top choice is Lufthansa, followed by Air Canada. I hate United. I'm always careful to be sure I book flights actually operated by the airlines I like and not their code share partner United.

Last edited:
Yes! For us, SW is even worth the 2 1/2 hour drive to Buffalo.......in the winter. That's saying something! :cold:
Air Canada and Westjet frequently out of Toronto between Orlando. If you are driving to Buffalo and flying to Orlando you might consider Allegiant from Niagara Falls. So much nicer than southwest out of Buffalo. I've done it so many times in fact we have our car parked at the airport about as much as at home. I would never fly sw from Buffalo unless I had to, to Orlando.

Emirates. Superb airline. They even have little stars in the ceiling that come on during dark hours!

For more run-of-the-mill stuff, I really like Virgin Atlantic :)

I like JetBlue. Wish it flew into John Wayne though for our Disneyland trips. Refuse to fly United. Terrible customer service.

Right there with you!:thumbsup2

We fly JetBlue, only exception is if they don't go where we are. United - never again, worst service & flight ever.

I love that I can earn miles just sitting at my desk with JB:dancer::dancer:

Right there with you!:thumbsup2

We fly JetBlue, only exception is if they don't go where we are. United - never again, worst service & flight ever.

I love that I can earn miles just sitting at my desk with JB:dancer::dancer:
I like jet blue as well. They have frequent flights out of Orlando to San Jose CR. I like to get pilots that tell the riders some of what's going on and theirs and Allegiants do.

Being from Minnesota, the answer "used to be" Sun Country because they offered friendly, warm service with (relatively) inexpensive first class upgrades, which I enjoyed. And first class was pretty nice. No more. They now are seeking to become the spirit-less Spirit of the midwest. Minuscule amounts of leg room, NOTHING included (all available for a fee, however), and maybe they will randomly leave you in a foreign country to make your own way home. So, never again on them. Now, my go-to is Delta because, duh, there really is no other option in my state unless you like a lot of connections. I find their service to be decent, you can choose a seat in advance for a nominal amount of money, and their performance record is good. Plus, they will interline you in case they run into a problem....a lot of the smaller carriers will NOT do that (looking at you JetBlue) which means you could be facing long delays in case of any mechanical or other problems. Bonus: if you plan travel far enough in advance, you can get some pretty reasonable first class upgrades, and I do that most of the time. Going to Cozumel later this month, and the "upgrade" cost me a couple hundred bucks total per traveler. The extra free luggage, food, beverages and SPACE are worth that to me. YMMV. But, the secret is to buy in ADVANCE. On popular routes, those upgrades are pretty spendy if you wait till the last minute.

Southwest when possible. I wish we had some of the other smaller airlines flying here, like JetBlue, but we don't have a lot of options.

When we lived in WA we almost always flew Alaska Air/Horizon and they were great. Southwest is also our preferred airline. However where we are in TN Alaska Air is not a carrier, so we try to go with Southwest whenever possible. Unfortunately they are not always the cheapest, even when baggage fees are added for other carriers. We flew Virgin a few times from SETAC to LAX and liked them.

I will not fly Alegient or Spirit regardless of how cheap they are. You seem to be SOL if a flight is canceled or delayed, and baggage fees can rack up.

JetBlue mostly- they have main routes to my most frequented destinations, especially between Orlando and NYC. And I think they have great service. If not JetBlue, then Southwest.

I don't fly often, but I would go with Delta (that is who DH's employer uses and they are big in ATL) or Southwest which seems to have generally low fares but adequate service.

Southwest- so far we've flown for free for 5 round trips x 4 people since 2013 and we still have 174,000 points and counting. Love how booking with points lets you change things around without penalty, or get points back if the price drops that you can use anytime. Will not consider another airline until we're out of points or have to go somewhere they don't fly.

I like Delta because I love their terminal in Detroit.

The airline I won't fly if they gave me free miles the rest of my life would be American Airlines. Had a horrible experience on the way to Oklahoma and on the way back a couple of years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter