What Airline do you prefer to fly, are

I'm not a big fan of U.S. based airlines, but Southwest is my preferred if it's comparably priced within the U.S.

I've flown:

American Airlines where the food is really, really bad and the flight attendants yell at everyone, feels like the wal-mart of airlines
United- meh
Air Canada- not bad
Delta- meh

Since I fly to Asia frequently:

Japan Airlines (JAL) - Flying in luxury, amazing food, friendly staff, great accommodations
All Nippon Airways (ANA) - Same as JAL
Philippine Airlines - Not bad

We were very loyal to JetBlue and we still like them, but Southwest is what we have been choosing lately. I like that the price is all inclusive and there are no add ons.

Southwest everywhere they fly! Airport (smaller of two in Houston) is 15 minutes away (they don't fly from the larger airport) SWA Visa for points, free bags, like 12 flights a day to Orlando, and Mexico and the Carribien from the same airport. It almost seems inconvient if we have to fly anyone else.

I prefer JetBlue. I live in NYC so have a lot of options but JetBlue is my favorite. I also like that they have their own, comfortable terminal at JFK.

My rubrick.
1. Cheapest. If no airline is significantly cheaper
2. Direct, no stops or connections. If none exist,
3. The one with more flights to my destination. If an airline has 5-6 flights throughout the day vs an airline that has just one if I miss a connection, there is a far greater chance I can hop a later flight.
4. American or Southwest.

I used to to fly southwest. The day I checked every airline for a flight out of SeaTac only Virgin had a seat they would sell me.

Given a choice...
Virgin
Alaska
Southwest

In that order.
Being in the Bay Area I have 3 international airports within an hour and lots of airline choices.

Alaska got my last several flights.

My rubrick.
1. Cheapest. If no airline is significantly cheaper
2. Direct, no stops or connections. If none exist,
3. The one with more flights to my destination. If an airline has 5-6 flights throughout the day vs an airline that has just one if I miss a connection, there is a far greater chance I can hop a later flight.
4. American or Southwest.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts.
American is a hub here so it's almost always American.
Flying is never a pleasurable experience on any airline. Time seems to standstill when you're in the air. Four hours seems like 10.

Last edited:
We have found the service to be best on Southwest. However, their direct flight times to MCO from Philly stink.

Air Canada and Westjet frequently out of Toronto between Orlando. If you are driving to Buffalo and flying to Orlando you might consider Allegiant from Niagara Falls. So much nicer than southwest out of Buffalo. I've done it so many times in fact we have our car parked at the airport about as much as at home. I would never fly sw from Buffalo unless I had to, to Orlando.

So far, I haven't been able to beat the prices with SW out of Buffalo. When my family of four can get direct flights, free baggage and ability to change flights for free for $800 total round trip, I'm happy, even with the exchange rate.

I find the cheapest flights out of Toronto roughly $400 per person roundtrip and that doesn't often include baggage fees, so closer to $500 when you add in fees.

I've priced out Allegiant a few times for my dates, but I could never get it cheaper than SW. I've always had a great experience flying SW out of Buffalo anyways. Why do you like Allegiant better then SW? Have you had a bad experience flying out of Buffalo?

We pretty much only fly Delta. Their prices are generally about the same as Southwest from Louisville to Orlando. We have the Delta CC, so we get a free bag each. We usually pay the upgrade for the "Delta Comfort".

Southwest is my favorite, by a long margin. They tend to run on time more out of BNA. Frankly, I like first and business class on other carriers, sure, but I'm too cheap to pay for it, as frankly, they can put me in the cargo hold if they'll get me there when they say they will.

My favorite is Southwest. They fly in and out of Bishop Airport, in Flint MI. It’s a fairly large airport, but easy to navigate. You can literallu park right next to the main concourse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter