What Alaska excursions thru disney would you recommend?

This is my all time favorite shore excursion ever!! I've done it three times now, and bears every time. The Employees are great, the flights are stunning and the food is wonderful!

We did 5 Glacier Flight and Taku Lodge in Juneau. The flight was spectacular and the meal was awesome. As a bonus, there was a grandma, mom and three kids in a tree on the property ... oh did I mention that they were Black Bears!! Employees were around the tree making sure that they stayed up there and didn't come down to bother us. :teeth: I don't believe that that they were residents of the lodge - so no guarantees. In another port we went on an excursion to see bears ... we didn't so this was a BONUS!! We also saw eagles flying around. We heard a next of eagle chicks get real excited when the moma eagle was flying to the nest (HUGE) with some fresh salmon.

Yukon Expedition. You are driven up in a bus and then come back down on a train.

For Juneau, I would do the Mendenhall Glacier but I would do it outside of Disney. I know your husband is trepidatious, but for this *particular* excursion it’s 100% safe. You walk from the ship to the pickup point of your bus, and the bus goes straight to the glacier. They run all day continuously back and forth and back and forth every 30 minutes. There is literally no way to be not on time. And that way you can spend as much time there as you want. We did this same excursion first thru Disney and felt rushed and didn’t enjoy it as much as we should have. 2nd time we did the Blue Bus and it was so so so soooooo much nicer. We just meandered and got back when we wanted. Something to think about :)
My husband and I did the Yukon Expedition. Would gladly do it again.

A question for you about this excursion.

At the Mendenhall Glacier area, do you recall what areas you walked around/explored while there ?

In particular, which trails ? We really want to walk the Nugget Falls Trail to Nugget Falls and view the glacier from there and are wondering if that tour does that or if it walks one of the other trails ? The description on both the DCL website and the tour operator's site doesn't specify.

Thanks very much !

SW
We did the Mendenhall Glacier excursion with a group of 15. We all walked the trail to Nugget Falls. There is no tour as you just go on your own. I wouldn't even call it a "trail" as it was more of a path. It wasn't paved, but it was an easy walk for everyone in our group, which included kids as young as 3 and grandparents over age 70.

We did the Mendenhall Glacier excursion with a group of 15. We all walked the trail to Nugget Falls. There is no tour as you just go on your own. I wouldn't even call it a "trail" as it was more of a path. It wasn't paved, but it was an easy walk for everyone in our group, which included kids as young as 3 and grandparents over age 70.

We are looking at just doing the Mendenhall Glaceri Explorer excursion as it gives you 2 hours at Mendenhall, and a motorcoach to and from [my days of school bus type buses are done if I can avoid 'em] for not much more than doing it on our own via the "big blue bus.". I really want to do the walk to Nugget Falls and see the glacier from there; I recently found a vlog where someone video'd the walk there and as you noted it is an easy walk for just about anyone.

But I'd also like to see whales, so the Alaska Whales & Science Adventure (JU33) ( https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/juneau-alaska-whales-science-adventure/ ) is also something we are thinking of. But it doesn't tell you where they take you at Mendenhall (the names of which trails).

SW

We are looking at just doing the Mendenhall Glaceri Explorer excursion as it gives you 2 hours at Mendenhall, and a motorcoach to and from [my days of school bus type buses are done if I can avoid 'em] for not much more than doing it on our own via the "big blue bus.". I really want to do the walk to Nugget Falls and see the glacier from there; I recently found a vlog where someone video'd the walk there and as you noted it is an easy walk for just about anyone.

But I'd also like to see whales, so the Alaska Whales & Science Adventure (JU33) ( https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/juneau-alaska-whales-science-adventure/ ) is also something we are thinking of. But it doesn't tell you where they take you at Mendenhall (the names of which trails).

SW

If you do a search for JU33, you will find some reviews of this excursion, and perhaps those people could provide you with a more detailed list of the trails taken.

At the Mendenhall Glacier area, do you recall what areas you walked around/explored while there ?
It was a relatively short walk, as other have said, an easy “hike” for people of all ages. There wasn’t a lot of time to do more than walk to the glacier, but it was enough time for us. 7F1670C3-1BF6-41F3-9CDC-1C11755899E6.jpeg

Another vote for dog sledding on the glacier we still talk about it from 2013!! Best excursion ever!!
if you are comfortable booking on your own Alaska is one destination I would recommend doing - my family is a Disney excursion only family but Alaska I can get them to do otherwise - when you dock most times you are right where you need to be - it is super easy and cheaper - we all know how expensive and beautiful Alaska is so consider booking on your own it is the sane tour people Disney uses most of the time
Enjoy your cruise by far it us my favorite destination I have cruised I myself loved it more and thought it more beautiful than Norway - Norway is nice but I just absolutely love Alaska and can’t wait to go back !!!
make sure you take the time to see all the wildlife you can - we saw so much just on the ship alone - I wish you wonderful weather and watch out for mosquitoes they are horrendous in Alaska !!!

Did you do JU33? What trail was it?

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!