• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What (and when) is Mardi Gras?

mloren

Mouseketeer
We'll be at HRH March 7-9 (Thursday through Saturday).

Is Mardi Gras on any of those days, and ... what is it, actually?
I've seen from the threads that there's a parade (and something to do with beads?)

What time is the parade? Is it daily? Is it of interest to kids (8 and 11) or is it more of a grown up thing?

Are there any other Mardi Gras events, besides the parade?

Any info is appreciated!

Mardi Gras this year runs from February 8 to March 22 (I believe). Here is something I wrote about last year's event:

For a sixth year, Mardi Gras returns to Universal Studios. For 22 nights between February 16, 2001 and March 17, 2001, you can see the biggest and longest-running Mardi Gras celebration outside of New Orleans.

The Mardi Gras party consists of authentic New Orleans delicacies, street performers, and stilt walkers. The highlight of the celebration is a parade that occurs at the park closing time. The parade features 15 festive floats, stilt walkers, costumed performers, the Ghostbusters’ Ecto-1, and even the Blues Brothers Bluesmobile. Float riders toss beads into the crowd. They usually aim for the rowdiest and loudest people.

The Mardi Gras celebration is included with your theme park admission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter