What are my chances of modifying FP?

LindaY

Earning My Ears
My fast passes to FOP and to 7DMT are at 6:00pm for MK and AK days. It totally messes me up from getting any other FP’s on those days. I keep trying to modify but nothing at all is open. What do you think chances are something will open up for earlier times? We are coming in March.

Somone in the March group just modified a FOP FP from 6:30 to noon. So it’s happening. Keep trying! Good luck.

With how soon your trip is, I’m not sure if you’ll be able to find a FP that fits the time frame you’re looking for but anything is possible. Check frequently, people always change their plans. Good luck!

try day of a good number of people will try to RD it and if they can they will cancel there FP,

Depends on the crowds. I've both gotten a new 3 person FOP day of and modified a FOP for 3 persons day of. It's certainly possible with patience, but at the same time it's possible it won't happen as well.

There have been same day drops of FPs for FOP, though the times may vary. Try to search around to find out what the timing is, and have quick fingers for refreshing MDE.

I would make all 3 FPs for the evening and plan to rope drop a different park, have a leisure lunch, enjoy the pool, etc., until the evening.

You didn't say how many people you were trying to get switched. 7? hahahahaha. 2? Maybe. My anecdotal experience from December 2018, I tried A LOT to get a 1 person flights of passage. It never showed up for us.

You didn't say how many people you were trying to get switched. 7? hahahahaha. 2? Maybe. My anecdotal experience from December 2018, I tried A LOT to get a 1 person flights of passage. It never showed up for us.
7:-(

Night before and day of will be best chance but you will likely need to split the group and work for overlapping times. I found night before FP's for 7 for FOP on our trip in December for AM times overlapping (I broke it into 3 and 4).

Try what @JETSDAD suggests and breaking the party up into smaller groups with over lapping times. It might work, but know that you should have a contingency plan in place. If you are eligible for rider-swap, that can be a great tool as well. I hope you and your party get to ride. It is truly fantastic.

It can happen, but FoP is unlikely. Keep looking as they do become available.
As mentioned, trying for a smaller party may be easier, but your group could also be split up and not be able to get overlapping times.

You might want the break it up into two groups. Say a group of of 4 and a group of 3. Stagger the time by 5 to 10 minutes and see what happens. Then, you can all go for the later time together.

When I was trying to change with a party of three I tried at least three times a day, morning, afternoon, and evening. Resort Cancellation charges apply at the 30 day mark; so, that's a good time to try.

I would say breaking up the group might work, but if you are able to modify the time for part of the group there is no guarantee you will be able
to find a similar time (if anytime) for the remainder of your group. Because of this scenario, I would probably just keep looking for the entire group.

You might want the break it up into two groups. Say a group of of 4 and a group of 3. Stagger the time by 5 to 10 minutes and see what happens. Then, you can all go for the later time together.

When I was trying to change with a party of three I tried at least three times a day, morning, afternoon, and evening. Resort Cancellation charges apply at the 30 day mark; so, that's a good time to try.
I’m too nervous to break the group up in case we can’t find FP for all of us.

I’m too nervous to break the group up in case we can’t find FP for all of us.

If you get 7 FPs all at once all the time successfully that's fine. But if you don't get them all at once then break it up into two or even three groups. You can use various combinations like 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, or 2+2+2. You have nothing to lose that way.

There will probably be a park hours update in mid-February (usually on a Friday). That will usually open some FPs as with longer hours there will be more available. That allowed us our FOP modification for our past May trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter