What are some cool Low Cost ideas for Disney to do?

scottmik2

Earning My Ears
Most of the things at Disney are expensive endeavors. I started thinking about some "lower cost" things Disney could do to enhance the experience.

1. Why not wrap the monorails in movie themes? I'm sure kids would get a kick out of riding in the Finding Nemo or Toy Story car?

2. Maybe not cheap but with Soarin as popular as it is could they change the movie every year or two? It would be like a whole new ride while not spending new ride money.

3. Could they have character appearances at the resorts? They did it during the hurricane. Why not sporadic appearances all the time?

What other ideas are out there?

As for #2, I think the movie is extremely expensive. Much more than you'd think.

I'd like to see them have three different movies, though, for the three theaters. That would be cool.

They do wrap the monorails now. Not all of them, and not all the time, but they've been wrapped in themes.

I'd LOVE for them to make a multitude of Soarin' movies. The potential is endless. I'd be first in line to see "Soarin' over Disney" and have it take a tour over every Disney park around the world.

Why not wrap the monorails in movie themes? I'm sure kids would get a kick out of riding in the Finding Nemo or Toy Story car?

I don't know that this is particularly inexpensive, but they do this occasionally. We stayed in the GF a few years ago and our balcony faced the monorail. DH hovered on the balcony for quite a while trying to get a good shot of the monorail which was wrapped for one of the Avenger movies.

Maybe not cheap but with Soarin as popular as it is could they change the movie every year or two?

Not even remotely inexpensive. And a major undertaking.

Could they have character appearances at the resorts? They did it during the hurricane. Why not sporadic appearances all the time?

I think that they do this occasionally during holidays. I think I might have seen the tail-end of one at AKL a couple of years ago near Christmas (literally tail-end - I'm positive I saw Chip or Dale heading out of the hotel).

I second the idea of having Soarin' over California in at least one of the theaters. I loved it and always felt like applauding at the end of the ride. I don't think the scenes from Soarin' over the World fit the music nearly as well and the visuals seem a little repetitive to me. We still ride it but don't the love it like we used to!

I don't know that this is particularly inexpensive, but they do this occasionally. We stayed in the GF a few years ago and our balcony faced the monorail. DH hovered on the balcony for quite a while trying to get a good shot of the monorail which was wrapped for one of the Avenger movies.

Not even remotely inexpensive. And a major undertaking.

I think that they do this occasionally during holidays. I think I might have seen the tail-end of one at AKL a couple of years ago near Christmas (literally tail-end - I'm positive I saw Chip or Dale heading out of the hotel).

My mistake. I figured it was just camera shots and CGI effects. I compare it to putting up a new building with all the new technology and just assumed it was much less

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!