What are some good side dishes to go along with spaghetti?

Pioneer Woman's Burgundy Mushrooms would be a great addition to spaghetti... but plan ahead because these babies have to cook for a LONG time!!!!

I always Merlot instead of the Burgundy.

Here is the recipe. These are SOOOO good!

We don't use cottage cheese, we use ricotta cheese. Very similar.

grilled eggplant parm
meatballs/sausage
antipasta
garden salad
caprese salad (fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil, olive oil, and/or balsamic vinegar)
garlic bread

great, we ae going out for Mexican tonight but now I want Italian!

Sometimes we will do corn, or green beans. Also cut up cucumbers and tomatos in some Italian dressing. We always need garlic bread! :goodvibes

Some grilled veggies like green and red peppers, onions, yellow squash, eggplant, mushrooms, and zucchini. You can put them in the spaghetti or eat them on the side.

We don't use cottage cheese, we use ricotta cheese. Very similar.

Maybe similar, but definitely not the same! Folks here would be horrified with the substitution.

Pasta, salad, bread, sausage and meatballs, and you are good to go. We do tomatoes and fresh mozzarella a lot this time of year (tomato slice, mozzarella slice, basil leaf).

Forgot about that! Sometimes I do serve it with cottage cheese. It's yummy all mixed up. I also love cottage cheese mixed in with scrambled eggs.

my husband has to have cottage cheese with his eggs... make me gag!!!:sick:

Spaghetti, meatballs, sausage, salad, rolls, and maybe an antipasti platter of meats and cheeses, olives, tomatoes, marinated artichokes and mushrooms, roasted red peppers.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I think serving broccoli or green beans or corn with spaghetti is strange. :confused3 I come from a very Italian family, and we never ate those kind of veggies with pasta.

During the summer I agree with the previous suggestions of grilled vegetables and caprese salad (sliced fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar).

You can never go wrong with meatballs. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter