What are the best CS restaurants?

kabbie

DIS Veteran
I'm planning a solo trip to DL in Feb 2007. I have been looking at the menus and can't decide what sounds good. I'd appreciate any advice.

I believe that in this context, CS stands for counter service. Here's my fav's. Rancho Del Zoacalo in Frontierland. Pizza place in Tommorrowland (can't remember the name right now. In DCA Boudin's Bakery has clam chowder bread bowls that are fantastic. Stay away from the Chinese food (awful! BTW it was closed last time we went.) The Hamburger place next to Soarin' over California is excellent as well (again I can't remember the name.)

B9erSteve said:
I believe that in this context, CS stands for counter service. Here's my fav's. Rancho Del Zoacalo in Frontierland. Pizza place in Tommorrowland (can't remember the name right now. In DCA Boudin's Bakery has clam chowder bread bowls that are fantastic. Stay away from the Chinese food (awful! BTW it was closed last time we went.) The Hamburger place next to Soarin' over California is excellent as well (again I can't remember the name.)

Taste Pilots? Yeah, they had amazing burgers...and you can load up the condiments. Yummm.... very messy. Be sure to get lots of napkins. :goodvibes

I liked River Belle Terrace too. Had a nice dinner there.

You can find menus and pricing here.. http://www.dlresortinfo.com/

In Disneyland, our personal favorites are Rancho Del Zocalo (big portions, reasonable prices) and Red Rockett's Pizza Port (great salads and pasta, large portions). Of course we always get churros and a Dole Whip too. :)

In DCA, we like Taste Pilots (gotta love the condiment bar) and the Corn Dog Castle.

White Water Snacks in the Grand Californian.
French Market in Disneyland.
Riverbelle Terrace in Disneyland (breakfast too!)
Cucina Cucamonga in California Adventure.

Rancho del Zocalo used to be my favorite. They have huge portions, you can easily share... but the last menu change was awful. I haven't found anyone who can say they really like the food there now, such a shame. The previous menu only lasted a few months and it was REALLY good, the two menus prior to that were good too.

We go to DLR alot (AP) and our all time favorite CS (my DD7 wants it every time!) is Redd Rocket's Pizza Port. We share the Chicken Fusilli which is excellent! They also serve it a Pizza Oom Mow Mow which is located next to Burger Invasion on Paradise Pier in DCA. The main reason we go to RRPP instead of POMM, most of the time, is that at RRPP you can refill your soda and you can't at POMM. RRPP also has some great, meal sized, salads. :goodvibes

That's my recommendation-like I said, we go there almost every trip (and we we've been twice in the last 2 weeks)

Have a great trip! :grouphug:

I second Pizza Port and the Chicken Fusilli. It is my all time FAVORITE meal there, yum yum yummy. I get the pasta plate and a breadstick (it's the flavored italian bread stuff) and ask for extra sauce when I get my pasta and dip my breadstick into the alfredo sauce, fattening, but oh so good. I also enjoy sitting outside on one of the balconies, it's "outside" but covered and protected and gives you a nice little break from the hustle and bustle, a bit of a calm in the storm.

We really like Whitewater Snacks in the GCH. You can get there through DCA. They have HUGE portions, in fact, 2 adults could share the chicken nachos (in my opinion) for about $7.00. We also really like Tortilla Jo's walk up window in DTD. Prices are good and the food too!

Bengal BBQ in Adventureland is a favorite as is Hungry Bear in Critter Country.

I like Taste Pilots too.... MMMM MMMM!

LOL!!! But if I were going solo Id eat so unhealthy it would make me sick.... MMM Churro's and frozen bananas for lunch, and a dole whip for dessert :goodvibes

Thank you so much for everyone's answers. I had pulled menus off allearsnet and bengal's barbq at disneyland and pacific wharf in dca had caught my eye. I didn't think about those that you guys mentioned. THANKS!

We were pleasantly surprised with Pizza Ooo Mow Mow. For CS pasta it was very good.

Every trip I must eat at French Market. One of these days I'll even get something other than the Jambalaya. It's just so yummy.

Also try, but don't always make it, to Bengal Barbeque. The asparagus wrapped in bacon is out of this world. We actually do this as a snack, not a meal. You get skewers of meat or veggies and each item is a la carte, so you have to peice together a meal if that's your goal.

I avoid Pizza a Mow Mow. The pizza we got from there was horrible. It was overcooked, cold and tasted odd. If you want pizza, definitely Redd Rocket's is better. I also avoid Village Haus.

Others that I enjoy are Rancho Del Zocalo (mexican ceasar salad) and the corn dog carts (Red Wagon in DL and Corn Dog Castle in DCA).

Here's what I like...

French Market--French Dips (served at lunch only)
Pacific Wharf Cafe--Broccoli Cheese soup in a sourdough breadbowl
Taste Pilots Grill-Grilled BBQ Chicken sandwich

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter