What are the best sit-down restaurants for solo travelers?

I still struggle with feeling awkward as a solo diner and that definitely affects my choices. I'm pretty much there to have a decent, relaxing meal and don't need a lot of interaction with the server. I would never consider anything like Biergarten or a character meal solo. That said, I like:

Magic Kingdom
-Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch-not a character meal and the servers don't mess with you.
-Jungle Skipper for dinner-could do without the joking but the food is more to my taste. Solo seating can sometimes be awkward here if you get stuck between two large parties.
Regarding Skipper Canteen, in my experience the hostess/host who seats you is likely to joke, but the servers tend not to. This has been true when I dined with others and also when I dined solo. YMMV.

I never feel awkward eating alone but I think my favorite place was Shula's Steakhouse. They will ask if you like to be seated in the bar area. Its nice there. You have a small table but the food is just amazing. Good luck to you.

Thank you for responding everyone. I go out to eat by myself, divorced single, so it's not a huge deal to eat alone. I am not one to strike up a conversation so that can be a problem but I like talking to people as long as I don't have to make the first move.

Currently the only reservation I have is an early lunch at Art Smith's. I'm also thinking about doing the World Showcase tour which comes with a lunch at Rose & Crown. I do like the idea of Biergarten or Teppan Edo as well since it's possible to talk to people and I cancelled the Snow White character dinner for my first night.

I need a dinner for my first night and a lunch or dinner my third day. I'll eat snacks or quick service the rest of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!