What are the most popular slides at Blizzard Beach?

Figmentjup

Earning My Ears
My DH and I are leaving for WDW in 19 days, I'm still working my plans and I would very much like your counsel. We want to go at BB a Sunday and we would like to do as much sliding as possible before the big weekend crowd hit the park. By which slides should we begin? What are the slides that develop extra-long waiting lines?

Besides, I suppose there is a logical way to go when you finish a slide. Are there some slide endings that are very near from the beginning of others so that you should do one after the other?

Yes, I know, we are desperate commando guests, but, hey!, it's Disney and we want to get as much fun as possible... and that means a lot!
:fish: :teeth: :fish:

the most popular are the biggest.... Summit Plumit, Slush Gusher and Teamboat Springs (family raft ride).

just a hint for you....
The steepest stairs are on the back side of of the park (near the tube slide), the next steepest is under the chairlift, and the least is the one right next to Downhill Dubble Dipper.

Although it may be easy to take the chairlift up each time, its faster to run up the stairs (if there is a line for the chairlift)

Those 3 slides were the longest line last week as well and they are all up the same set of stairs.

Thank you very much for the information! I think that the opening of the day is much clearer now. I'm still wondering if the popularity of those slide is simply due to their speed or if they really are the most fun... By the way, GaryWT, how much long was the wait at those big slides when you went at BB last week?

It's a pleasure to have the tips of the old-timers!:grouphug:

Wait must have been half hour or so. Just a note, one ride is the family raft ride and is to the right at the top of the stairs, the other 2 slides are to the left but stare a walkway. Read the sign, summit plummit is the left side and the other is the right, people tend to stand on the wrong side. The summit plummit line is longer at that point since you will have to go higher to get to the slide.

Summit Plummit = Super Weggie:hyper:

Figmentjup,

Teamboat Springs is a lot of fun. We did this first thing as I had heard that the lines get long (and they did).

I tried Slush Gusher...too fast, cut my arm on the way down, and got a major wedgie at the bottom. I think the 2 speed slides are popular with the teen crowd, or maybe I'm just not that adventurous.

I liked the tube slides the best, especially the one in the dark.

I took my first trip to BB Easter weekend. We had a blast.

Just a few things...
The line for Teamboat Springs can get pretty long, but it moves fast. They're constantly sending rafts down.

I agree with slo....Summit Plummit = super wedgie....but it was fun. Definitely something to try once.

I'd never been to a water park of any kind before....one thing I learned on this trip is to lean back a bit on the rafts when you get to the bottom of the slide. It will help to keep you in the raft. Flipping out of the raft and into the water can unnerve you a bit when you're not the best swimmer...I learned that the hard way!!
:hyper:

Was there last Wednesday-
the Double Dipper also had long lines too.

People were saying how surprised they were at how busy BB was for the mid-week. It rained the morning before, wasn't too cold but the sun never shined which makes me believe it may have been busier than usual with those people putting off there Tuesday BB plans for the next day.

:flower1: Thank you all for your precious informations! In addition to giving tips you also increase my excitement level. :hyper: I don't know how I'll be able to wait until May 23rd to be on the hot snowy slides! Feel free to give me some more feedback : it's a kind of trip before the trip to read your experiences... :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter