What are the recommended floors/areas for Jambo House?

gnozuk

Earning My Ears
Is there a particular floor that's "better" for a standard view room? Wanting to put a request in for a room with partial savannah views but not sure which floor/area is best!

Nearly all DVC rooms in Jambo House are on the 5th floor. The DVC portion of Concierge Level is on the 6th floor.

I like Kudu Trail at Jambo House. If you have a Savannah View and you request for it to look out over the Sunset Savannah, then you will get Kudu Trail. If you have Standard View, request Kudu trail also, and if they grant it, most of those rooms are partial savannah views.

Can you request the Arusha view if you have standard?
There are no standard view rooms that face the Arusha Savanna. There are some that face Sunset & Uzima Savannas which were reclassified to Standard View due to having a poor or limited view of the Savanna. Most Jambo House Standard Views will overlook the Uzima Pool.

Ah okay so best bet is try to ask for a room along the Kudu trail facing the savannah?

Standard at Jambo House are pool views and some partial savanna views.

Ah okay so best bet is try to ask for a room along the Kudu trail facing the savannah?

Never mention the words "savanna view" when trying to make a request for a standard view room because the MS personnel are typically unaware that any standards have savanna view and will insist that request is improper. Best chance is to simply request a room along the Kudo Trail side of the building because all standard views on that side of the building were previously savanna view rooms that were converted to standard in 2012 because their views were not as good as others (but most are still pretty good). There are also standards on the Zebra Trail side of the building that were previously savanna view but the majority of standard view rooms on that side have pool view.

Ask noted, it is pointless to add a floor request because all non-concierge DVC rooms are on the fifth floor. Moreover, there are no standards overlooking Arusha.

And it's worth pointing out that a request is simply a request. If your heart is set on savanna view, then book savanna view.

This is one of my home resorts, so I stay often and like everyone else, when I book standard view at Jambo I usually request Kudu... more often then not I get pool view LOL. Lots of places to view animals, though, and I like saving my points. :-)

I requested partial savanna view or any pretty view, and we got a great spot on Kudu trail overlooking the barns. No sweeping vistas, but tons of animals every day. Sometimes it helps to just ask for what you want! Although my experience may have been abnormal. And it was a long walk.

we book std and always ask for Pool view, the view is gorgeous and the animals we view as we walk about the resort. Such a deal on points for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!