What are thoughts about December 2019 park hours?

eeyoreali

Mouseketeer
I know December 2019 park hours haven't been released yet, but the days for morning and evening extra magic hours have been. Dec 4th or 11th (both Wednesdays) are non-MVMCP days and they have the evening extra magic hours.

I know they say to avoid non-MVMCP days since it's very busy, especially at night. I'm guessing it'll be even more busy those two nights since it'll be open until 12am. Would you still attend the evening extra magic hours still?

I've also been wondering if they'll do After Hours at MK this December. They did last year. I'd be more willing to buy that rather than the MVMCP tickets for around the same price.

This is our first time going to Disney during December. We'll have 2 days at each park and there'll be 6 of us. My parents, my husband, daughter (10), son (6), and myself. The last time we all went was 2015. It was my parent's and kid's first trip there. The only people that would probably make it past 10pm would be my husband, my daughter, and me. Ugh...my brain hurts from overthinking!!

Just tagging along to see the responses. It's our first trip, 2 adults and 2 kids, in December and I'm not sure what to expect from it.
When are park hours announced? I know ADRs are in June, so I would hope before that.

I know December 2019 park hours haven't been released yet, but the days for morning and evening extra magic hours have been.

Wow, I didn't know that, eeyoreali. Would you mind sharing where you got that info?
Thanks in advance, that would be very helpful to us. :goodvibes

Also wondering about After Hours for December. It’s really thrown a wrench in my planning. I have basically two totally different vacations planned in the same 10 days - one with us attending DAH at all 3 parks that offer it, and one without. ADR day is next month and it looks like DAH for December 2018 wasn’t announced until November! If that pattern holds, it will make booking FP difficult too. I’m going to try to tweak my 2 different park plans to be more similar, but obviously a vacation with a lot of late nights is different than one without.

Also wondering about After Hours for December. It’s really thrown a wrench in my planning. I have basically two totally different vacations planned in the same 10 days - one with us attending DAH at all 3 parks that offer it, and one without. ADR day is next month and it looks like DAH for December 2018 wasn’t announced until November! If that pattern holds, it will make booking FP difficult too. I’m going to try to tweak my 2 different park plans to be more similar, but obviously a vacation with a lot of late nights is different than one without.

I’m waiting for DAH for July.

I’m waiting for DAH for July.

Oh yeah, I definitely understand I won't find out for probably some time now - like my post said, I realize it could even be as late as November!

Any advice on how you've planned your parks days without knowing? Especially if you are planning to hit all 3 DAH if offered.

I could be wrong, but I would bet money you won’t see a DHS DAH event for awhile once SWGE opens.

MK and DAK are possible for a few dates in Dec based on last year, but with so few dates and no way of knowing when/if it will be announced and what days, I really wouldn’t pay much mind to it until it happens.

I know that’s not really a helpful answer, just seems like a lot of energy to have alternate plans in the hopes they add them.

Oh yeah, I definitely understand I won't find out for probably some time now - like my post said, I realize it could even be as late as November!

Any advice on how you've planned your parks days without knowing? Especially if you are planning to hit all 3 DAH if offered.

I planned as if it wouldn't happen. If they do decide to DAH at HS we will cancel our EMM and book it instead. They switched it to Fridays and that would actually work perfectly for us. I've pretty much left Friday night open. I booked a few FPs at MK that are easy to re-book and we had already planned to sleep in Saturday morning.

I do have to say that I don't think the DAH and EMMs will be offered from September to December. I would be shocked if they do. I would think Disney will re-visit the idea of having them in 2020.

The hours aren’t out for December yet. It’s tough to predict anything now with Galaxy’s Edge opening this year.

I would imagine HS will see a lot of days with EMH since it will be such a busy time. Now I wonder if they will do morning or night EMH

I'm hoping the 6am EMH continues at HS for the rest of the year. I will be there with bells on Thanksgiving week. :)

Yeah I would prefer the morning too. I am there on Halloween and will do the morning EMH and again first week of December. Hoping they stick with it.

I planned as if it wouldn't happen. If they do decide to DAH at HS we will cancel our EMM and book it instead. They switched it to Fridays and that would actually work perfectly for us. I've pretty much left Friday night open. I booked a few FPs at MK that are easy to re-book and we had already planned to sleep in Saturday morning.

I do have to say that I don't think the DAH and EMMs will be offered from September to December. I would be shocked if they do. I would think Disney will re-visit the idea of having them in 2020.

Because of Star Wars?

Well, FP+ day isn't until October, but I guess if there is no word by then, I will just go with the no-DAH plan for making FP+. It will certainly save us a lot of money if there are no DAH, so there's the silver lining. :scratchin

Because of Star Wars?

Well, FP+ day isn't until October, but I guess if there is no word by then, I will just go with the no-DAH plan for making FP+. It will certainly save us a lot of money if there are no DAH, so there's the silver lining. :scratchin

Yes. I believe that EMH and/or extended park closings will take the place of the special events. And really, that's how it should be at one of the busiest times of year months after the most anticipated land opens.

But the party dates have been released and there was a thread started about closing at 4:30 on Dec 2. That's our week, so bummed.... Sun, Tues, Thur , Fri are party dates and Tues what is thought to be CM party. We have Wed , which is also the day we are moving from BLT to SSR and Sat.

This is where I saw the morning and evening extra magic hours.

Thanks, eeyoreali for your reply, but when you say 'This' do you mean on the Disboards, or was there a reference or a link that didn't get on your post? Still very interested in finding out about am and pm extra magic hour for December!
:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts