What are you drinking tonight

:lmao: The lemon wears down your enamel? I love lemon anything!

Anything acidic wears down your enamel. It can literally dissolve, and once it's gone, it's gone forever. Sparkling drinks with lemon are a double whammy of carbonic acid and citric acid.

But I love it. It's so refreshing!

Would love to try some! I think they sell it on Amazon, I might order a bottle for when it's needed. :sick: (I like to keep a pretty well stocked medicine cabinet!)
;) Don't say I didn't warn you. :crazy2:

ETA: What I love about it is that it does not contain any chemical decongestants or antihistamines - I don't tolerate those well. :sick: When I have a cold, after a couple of doses, OTC remedies with those ingredients start making me feel worse than I did to begin with.

Anything acidic wears down your enamel. It can literally dissolve, and once it's gone, it's gone forever. Sparkling drinks with lemon are a double whammy of carbonic acid and citric acid.

I agree, and I do too!

I've read articles pertaining to this (and sugar) before, and I believe dentists have said that if you drink it down fairly quickly, you're fine, but if you sip it slowly, your teeth bathe in it repeatedly and that can cause a problem. This was why kids were getting cavities from sport drinks. I often have a diet soda at night and supposedly there is the same effect. I'm not too worried about it.

:( Does that count for sparkling water too? If so, that's terrible news. I drink 4 or 5 cans of fruit-flavoured sparkling water a day (rarely ever citrus though).

:( Does that count for sparkling water too? If so, that's terrible news. I drink 4 or 5 cans of fruit-flavoured sparkling water a day (rarely ever citrus though).

Yes. It is an issue for anything carbonated. You are drinking a LOT of sparkling water. Might want to cut back a bit. Enamel wears away slowly, but you don't know it's happening until it's too late and you end up with sensitivity that is irreversible.

Using a straw keeps the acid away from your teeth. That's what I do.

I'm drinking fizzy water made with the Soda Stream I got for Christmas. I'm also having chicken, brown rice and veggies while watching today's General Hospital. After dinner there will be hot cinnamon tea and Greek yogurt. It's a wild Friday night here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter