What are you going to miss seeing or riding or doing for your WDW annual December 2020 pre COVID?

As crazy as it sounds - my kids love Peoplemover. From the time they were babies and we would ride that when they were napping - they have loved that ride. My youngest always calls it “Choo Choo Tunnels.” Disappointing it’s not up and running.

Will miss the Candlelight Processional and gingerbread houses in the resorts. Will miss the freedom of being able to leisurely walk around the park eating special holiday treats/drinks while looking at all the decorations without having to stress about finding a stationary spot or relaxation area to eat/drink.

As crazy as it sounds - my kids love Peoplemover. From the time they were babies and we would ride that when they were napping - they have loved that ride. My youngest always calls it “Choo Choo Tunnels.” Disappointing it’s not up and running.

I've read that the People Mover has been closed for maintenance but is scheduled to re-open late November. It's one of our favorites for sure !

Of all the years to finally book a trip to be there ON Christmas, it had to be 2020. It's just me and my 75+ year old parents. My mom is a huge WDW lover and her 78th birthday is on Dec 23rd, so we'll be there for her birthday and Christmas. This was planned and booked (renting DVC points) before COVID, so we're going. Luckily, we went just before Christmas a couple of years ago, so we got to do all of the Christmasy stuff. In a way that makes the loss of that stuff more bearable this time, but it also means we know exactly what we are missing. We booked Christmas because we loved it so much when we were there before, so not to have the things that we enjoyed so much will be kind of a bummer, but we're still excited to be going at all.

My favorite thing at Disney is the nighttime stuff, so the loss of the nighttime shows, the Christmas parade and all things nighttime at Disney really hurts. I don't like being back at the resort early and want to stay out late, so I'm hoping and praying that hours will be extended a little at least. If they're not, I'll be hopping on a bus and heading to Disney Springs every night just to have something to do.

I'm bummed to hear about PeopleMover being down as it's one of my favorites, but it'll be okay.

The biggest thing I'm going to miss by far is Park Hopping. We're staying at Boardwalk for the first time (first time at an Epcot area resort) and chose it specifically so we could hop back and forth to Epcot as much as we'd like (and Studios, but Epcot mainly for food). So, it stinks that we can't do that. I had to choose park days, and we've wound up with just one day at MK, which feels weird. One day at Studios and AK as well, and two days at Epcot just so we can enjoy the Holiday Kitchens (assuming they'll have those) and shopping (I'm determined to get some World Showcase souvenirs this year).

It's going to be different, but we're still going to wake up Christmas morning and head to the Magic Kingdom, and that's always been a dream of mine, so that'll be fun!

I know Disney will do what they can to preserve as much of the magic as possible and especially the Holiday Magic.

What are you going to miss seeing or riding or doing for your WDW annual December 2020 trip pre COVID?

I have a very long list having gone to WDW every December for over a decade to enjoy all of the Holiday lights, decorations, shows, and events.

As a 70yo solo wheelchair user, I can't do what I used to do when my body was younger. (I still a kid at heart.}

And I've made up my mind that I'm still going to go for a trip this year and I plan on enjoying what is available for me to see and ride for my two-week stay.

So even the list is long, I'm going to turn lemons into lemonade dole whips and mickey bars and popcorn.

What I will miss this year (What can you do...it is what it is:

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
A Frozen Holiday Wish
Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show
Extra Magic Hours
Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
Happily Ever After
Once Upon A Time
Liberty Square Riverboat
Walt Disney World Railroad
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!
Fantasmic!
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage
Voyage of The Little Mermaid
Candlelight Processional
Epcot Forever
British Revolution
Rivers of Light
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
No more late night theme park hours to enjoy all the christmas lights until midnight
Possible no water taxis
Buses, monorails, restaurants closing earlier because parks closing early.

I need to do some more to research planning before my 60-day dining reservation date opens next week.

What I will plan to do this this year (What can you do...it is what it is:

Country Bear Jamboree
The Hall of Presidents
Jungle Cruise
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
The Muppets Present...Great Moments in American History
Once Upon A Time
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan's Flight

Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
Living with the Land
Frozen Ever After
Soarin' Around the World
The American Adventure
Coral Reefs - Disney Animals
Impressions de France
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
O Canada!
Reflections of China
Voices of Liberty
Spaceship Earth

Toy Story Mania!
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Muppet*Vision 3D-BACK ROW
Walt Disney Presents
Alien Swirling Saucers
Slinky Dog Dash
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Conservation Station
Discovery Island Trails
Festival of the Lion King
It's Tough to be a Bug!
UP! A Great Bird Adventure - Now Showing
Tree of Life Awakenings
Wildlife Express Train

I'm hoping the Park December hours will improve by December like a few of Weekend hours below.

I love your plans!
I will miss the Christmas parade and HEA. I'll miss longer hours and park hopping. I'll miss La Befana in Italy at Epcot. I would love it if some of the Epcot Christmas events come back.

Even so, we are all excited to return for a few days between Christmas and New Years. We had a great time in August and will still have a great time in December!

So not worth going in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see what returns in the future. Current management as it is, I expect most /all of it to stay gone

Disney ran a Holiday 2020 ad on College Gameday today.

Even though IMHO only WDW Addicts like myself could "enjoy" Covid Disney World during the Holidays,it did feel good to see a Disney World TV ad again.

Of all the years to finally book a trip to be there ON Christmas, it had to be 2020. It's just me and my 75+ year old parents. My mom is a huge WDW lover and her 78th birthday is on Dec 23rd, so we'll be there for her birthday and Christmas. This was planned and booked (renting DVC points) before COVID, so we're going. Luckily, we went just before Christmas a couple of years ago, so we got to do all of the Christmasy stuff. In a way that makes the loss of that stuff more bearable this time, but it also means we know exactly what we are missing. We booked Christmas because we loved it so much when we were there before, so not to have the things that we enjoyed so much will be kind of a bummer, but we're still excited to be going at all.

My favorite thing at Disney is the nighttime stuff, so the loss of the nighttime shows, the Christmas parade and all things nighttime at Disney really hurts. I don't like being back at the resort early and want to stay out late, so I'm hoping and praying that hours will be extended a little at least. If they're not, I'll be hopping on a bus and heading to Disney Springs every night just to have something to do.

I'm bummed to hear about PeopleMover being down as it's one of my favorites, but it'll be okay.

The biggest thing I'm going to miss by far is Park Hopping. We're staying at Boardwalk for the first time (first time at an Epcot area resort) and chose it specifically so we could hop back and forth to Epcot as much as we'd like (and Studios, but Epcot mainly for food). So, it stinks that we can't do that. I had to choose park days, and we've wound up with just one day at MK, which feels weird. One day at Studios and AK as well, and two days at Epcot just so we can enjoy the Holiday Kitchens (assuming they'll have those) and shopping (I'm determined to get some World Showcase souvenirs this year).

It's going to be different, but we're still going to wake up Christmas morning and head to the Magic Kingdom, and that's always been a dream of mine, so that'll be fun!

I know Disney will do what they can to preserve as much of the magic as possible and especially the Holiday Magic.

I hope you have a wonderful time. And I agree.

Monsters Inc laugh floor is not open at the moment

Thank you.

Will miss the Candlelight Processional and gingerbread houses in the resorts. Will miss the freedom of being able to leisurely walk around the park eating special holiday treats/drinks while looking at all the decorations without having to stress about finding a stationary spot or relaxation area to eat/drink.

I agree.

I love your plans!
I will miss the Christmas parade and HEA. I'll miss longer hours and park hopping. I'll miss La Befana in Italy at Epcot. I would love it if some of the Epcot Christmas events come back.

Even so, we are all excited to return for a few days between Christmas and New Years. We had a great time in August and will still have a great time in December!

Thank you. I agree.

Disney ran a Holiday 2020 ad on College Gameday today.

Even though IMHO only WDW Addicts like myself could "enjoy" Covid Disney World during the Holidays, it did feel good to see a Disney World TV ad again.

I saw that too. I hope to feel the same.

I miss MY Disney. The Disney down there now is just a depressing nightmare of masks, limited hours and temperature checks with no magic. I will return when masks are optional and Yehaa Bob is singing at POR. Till then, not My Disney.
Very wise decision on your part.

Having said that,there ARE Guests who can enjoy Covid Disney World!

I am one of those-we had a BLAST after not having been there since January.

There is one CONSTANT at WDW and that is the Cast Members and Magic can still be found with them every day!

But I agree that Covid Disney World is only for the hardest of the hardcore WDW addicts.

So not worth going in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see what returns in the future. Current management as it is, I expect most /all of it to stay gone

I understand.

There is one CONSTANT at WDW and that is the Cast Members and Magic can still be found with them every day!

But I agree that Covid Disney World is only for the hardest of the hardcore WDW addicts.

I agree.

Totally agree! There is still plenty of magic and great moments if you want them! But definitely can't go into it with a bad attitude to start.

Masks, gotta wear one at home anyway. Temp checks take two seconds. Security is faster than ever before. Love the calvacades and not lining up wasting park time to sit for hours.

Plenty to enjoy, but agree, have to be hardcore!!!

OP, enjoy your trip! As you listed, still plenty to do!

I for one, am excited for the projection shows on the castle and the new Olaf scavenger hunt at EPCOT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!