What are you putting off?

Here’s what I do..maybe it will work for you.

If I’m enjoying being lazy or just not ‘busy enough’ and have something that I need to I assign it a time. If I’m online and have say, three things to do I’ll say ok, it’s 1:30 now. At 2:15 I’ll empty and load the dishwasher. At 3:30 I’ll do the online banking and then at 4:15 I’ll wash that pot that’s soaking in the sink. Then, stick to those times. If you give yourself ‘me time’ as well sad chore time, it doesn’t make it seem as bad. It does take discipline, though, to stick to your times. No 5 minutes more allowed.
Much easier said than done when you work full time out of the house.

Reading this thread makes me feel better. I have a today- to-do list and an ongoing to-do list, summer to do list, when I have the time/money to-do list. I just do what I can and then put it on tomorrow’s list (or keep looking at the future). It feels good to have goals and check things off though.

Since changing jobs (to teaching) my work list is finite. It ends in June for the most part and I love that.

Looking for driving schools for DS. I’m paying so I want to see what’s out there

check with your auto insurer. when it was time for dd to do driving school we learned that if we did the step above program of what was required in our state it qualified for a discount w/our car insurance once she was licensed. it cost us about $100 more than the basic class but the savings on insurance offset that within a few months.

We just moved and the only rooms I have left to unpack are the master bedroom, bath, and closet. That's about 10 boxes and I'm not going to bed until it's done. BUT, it's a gorgeous day in Portland and I would much rather put my shoes on, pack a couple of sandwiches, and go for a hike :(

all caught up on everyday things......putting off spring cleaning, I think it is going to be summer cleaning

I made some progress on the master bathroom cleaning this morning. I scrubbed the shower, which is my least favorite part to do!

-painting some doors and cabinets
-painting the main hallway
-dealing with some health ins bills and the reimbursement account

Much easier said than done when you work full time out of the house.

That does make it harder, but it could still be done. I was just throwing out there what works for me.

Cleaning, grocery shopping, showering, getting dressed, parenting, taking the dog for a walk, cleaning the litter box..just life in general

-laundry
-vacuuming
-paperwork
-clean my closet

I'm having a few blessed hours alone in the house which I'm enjoying by binging the new season of Designated Survivor instead of doing work.

We watched episode 1 & 2 last night. It's a bit edgier now that it's only on Netflix. I liked it.

It could, but it didn't this weekend; at least not all of it. :blush: There's always next week and so far I don't have one single event or obligation scheduled for the weekend.

I found a brand new way to empty and load the dishwasher this afternoon. Ignore it long enough until your husband does it

I’d add a laughing emoji but they’re still on vacation

I keep a weekly calendar that has a "to do list" area. I update my calendar every Sunday morning, and since May I have dutifully carried over "clean my closet" each week, along with "find a new dentist".

Folding and putting away the laundry. I managed to get it all clean and through the dryer... but it's that last part I'm putting off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter