What are your favourite rides as an adult?

KellO

Mouseketeer
There are obviously some rides that are more suited to tiny children but I'm curious what would be the rides you'd choose to go on repeatedly on an adult-only trip.

Ive been going to Disneyland California solo since 2010 and honestly I go on every ride, I don't just skip things cos they are supposed to be for kids.

The way I choose rides is the type of ride, for example I don't like thrill coasters so I don't go on Space Mountain, r The Matterhorn or Incredicoaster. I don't like log flume rides so I don't go on Splash Mountain. I don't like big drop rides so I don't go on Tower of Terror / Guardians of The Galaxy.

One of my favorite things to do is go on a ride multiple times in a row. In Disneyland Paris one year, early in the morning during the special early access I spent about 30 minutes on Peter Pan, doing the ride and then walking right back on.

Don't limit yourself and think oh thats just a kids ride I'm not going to do that.

Ive been going to Disneyland California solo since 2010 and honestly I go on every ride, I don't just skip things cos they are supposed to be for kids.

The way I choose rides is the type of ride, for example I don't like thrill coasters so I don't go on Space Mountain, r The Matterhorn or Incredicoaster. I don't like log flume rides so I don't go on Splash Mountain. I don't like big drop rides so I don't go on Tower of Terror / Guardians of The Galaxy.

One of my favorite things to do is go on a ride multiple times in a row. In Disneyland Paris one year, early in the morning during the special early access I spent about 30 minutes on Peter Pan, doing the ride and then walking right back on.

Don't limit yourself and think oh thats just a kids ride I'm not going to do that.

I'm certainly not limiting myself - I went on plenty of "kids" rides at Disneyland Paris too! It seems that I love the sound of all the rides you avoid though, esp as Hyperspace Mountain was one of my faves there. I giggled so much!

I'm certainly not limiting myself - I went on plenty of "kids" rides at Disneyland Paris too! It seems that I love the sound of all the rides you avoid though, esp as Hyperspace Mountain was one of my faves there. I giggled so much!

Europeans have such a different attitude to Disney parks, though, in America its just part of normal culture where as in Europe going to Disneyland Paris is a thing you bring your kids to.

Americans don't really make the distinction between kids rides and adults rides, its just all part of the experience.

I usually do the following rides multiple times in a day

Peter Pan
Buzz Lightyear
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Star Tours
Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run

Europeans have such a different attitude to Disney parks, though, in America its just part of normal culture where as in Europe going to Disneyland Paris is a thing you bring your kids to.

Americans don't really make the distinction between kids rides and adults rides, its just all part of the experience.

I usually do the following rides multiple times in a day

Peter Pan
Buzz Lightyear
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Star Tours
Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run

I wonder if it's because, whilst we do have theme parks, most are targeting children and their ability to pump their parents for 💰. Parents are really just expected to cough up or keep them company on rides that their friends/siblings are with them on. With the exception of something like Alton Towers which has a lot of bigger thrill rides more for teens and adults. I'm no authority though. I have a friend that's really into roller coasters so I'll have to ask for his theory on this.

Thanks for your list! Sounds like a nice spread :D

We also could spend an entire day on the PeopleMover and Living With the Land... Remembering back to when the parks would empty out at night after the fireworks, and we'd ask the cast members if we could stay on the PeopleMover. You definitely get the most bang for your buck on rides that are longer, relaxing, and incredibly detailed. That's why The Land is so amazing. It's definitely an underrated attraction, but there's so much to look at! The slower attractions are honestly more appealing to us. Not big fans of getting motion sickness, although almost all of the faster attractions in WDW are doable and very enjoyable!

I've only gone since I was a 35 year old adult, so they haven't changed only added too. 37 years and counting.8-)

Not sure why being an adult automatically means you don't like attractions "more suited to tiny children".
Walt knew age is just a number.
The attractions that I could do more than once are...
IASW, PP, HM, JC, Tiki Room, POTC, Splash Mountain, 7DMT, Under the Sea, Space Mountain, Peoplemover, CoP, Philharmagic, Figment, LWTL, Soarin', FEA, Spaceship Earth, BatB, Frozen sing along, Muppets, TSM, RNRC, TOT, Disnosaur, EE

We also could spend an entire day on the PeopleMover and Living With the Land... Remembering back to when the parks would empty out at night after the fireworks, and we'd ask the cast members if we could stay on the PeopleMover. You definitely get the most bang for your buck on rides that are longer, relaxing, and incredibly detailed. That's why The Land is so amazing. It's definitely an underrated attraction, but there's so much to look at! The slower attractions are honestly more appealing to us. Not big fans of getting motion sickness, although almost all of the faster attractions in WDW are doable and very enjoyable!

I do love an exciting roller coaster but I have no issues trying things, especially ones that come so highly recommended. "Bang for your buck" and "detailed" especially sound perfect!

Not sure why being an adult automatically means you don't like attractions "more suited to tiny children".
Walt knew age is just a number.
The attractions that I could do more than once are...
IASW, PP, HM, JC, Tiki Room, POTC, Splash Mountain, 7DMT, Under the Sea, Space Mountain, Peoplemover, CoP, Philharmagic, Figment, LWTL, Soarin', FEA, Spaceship Earth, BatB, Frozen sing along, Muppets, TSM, RNRC, TOT, Disnosaur, EE
Not many then! 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!