What are your favourite rides as an adult?

People Mover, PotC, Na’vi River Journey, Spaceship Earth. Nothing in DHS, curiously - I don’t like coasters and I’m not fussed about the Star Wars stuff...

I am also one who doesn't like to think of anything as a "kids ride" and will shamelessly ride anything. As a solo traveller though I find I enjoy the thrill rides more as they seem to be less of a shared experience. a Doom Buggy for one can seem lonely, but Space Mountain doesn't. I like travelling solo sometimes though because I can do so much. I will ride just about anything if the line is short enough.

Last edited:

Not sure why being an adult automatically means you don't like attractions "more suited to tiny children".

Sp true! Must-dos for me when I'm solo are Triceratops Spin and Magic Carpets of Aladdin (essentially the same ride with a different theme).

DAK: Safari, FoP, NRJ--We especially love doing NRJ near closing time. It's serene and a great way to end the day. I could do the safari multiple times in a row. It's different every time. As for FoP, I could stay on that until they threw me out!!
MK: HM--never gets old
DHS: TSMM--I'd love love love to do this multiple times in a row
EPCOT: Soarin'

PeopleMover!
Here's a tip: They have a piece of paper on the control board where you exit the ride vehicle. If it doesn't say "No Rerides" then you can just stay on indefinitely!

I took my first ride on Dumbo at the age of 58! Age makes no difference! But my husband sat out because of health issues. For us, in view of his health issues (and perhaps age), I would say our favorite attraction is Kilimanjaro Safaris.

I'm 35! I'll be 36 & probably 11 months my first time at WDW.
I hope you have as good a trip as I did. We must remember, however, that when I went the first time the place was a whole lot less complicated then it is now. I, like most of the guests, stayed offsite and there was no Fastpass or ADR's. You just went and had a good time. You rode what you wanted and all had some form of line, but nothing over 30 minutes that I can recall. No massive planning, There were two parks MK and the brand new EPCOT Ctr. Through the years a lot has changed, but many of the attractions that were there then are still there. And there are many new ones plus two more parks, two water parks and an enormous number of hotel rooms.

That said, there is still one thing that you can do that will greatly enhance your trip. Number one... let your inner child come to the surface and two... keep your mind open, exercise the willing suspension of disbelief and just let yourself enjoy things no matter how "corny" you think it might be. It will only be as much fun as you let it be.

They had me at the entrance!

All Disney rides have incredible music and atmosphere, but I do love the slower-moving ones.
Top favorite attractions:
- PeopleMover
- Spaceship Earth
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Living with the Land

And then the faster ones:
- Thunder Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

MK - Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion and People Movers are my do over and over again rides - with Small World, Jungle Cruise, Little Mermaid and the Train right up there as well...
Epcot is Living with the Land
Hollywood is TSMM and Aliens Saucers
AK is Na’vi River and Kilimanjaro Safari

That said, there is still one thing that you can do that will greatly enhance your trip. Number one... let your inner child come to the surface and two... keep your mind open, exercise the willing suspension of disbelief and just let yourself enjoy things no matter how "corny" you think it might be. It will only be as much fun as you let it be.

They had me at the entrance!
Ditto! I turn all kid as soon as I see the castle, and I’m willing to ride pretty much anything my body allows. 😄 There were only a few rides I considered to be
suited to tiny children
but on one of my recent trips, my older girls & I decided to ride Prince Charming’s carousel & we had a fabulous time! When it comes to Disney, there are no “rules” 🥳

Anyway, my faves tend to be my faves whether I’m with my kids, my sister, my hubby, or solo! Slinky Dog Dash is probably the top ride for me at WDW ... if you’re talking Disney in general, my favorite ride is hands down Radiator Springs Racers at DCA 🤩

AK- Expedition Everest & Na’vi River Journey
MK- 7 Dwarfs for sure... but no trip is complete without riding Small World at least once. It’s kinda like Dole Whip. It’s quintessential Disney. 😍 My older kids have made a year round game of mocking that one, but still always ride along when they’re with me (they love my goofy side) 😉
HS- I already mentioned SDD, and I love Toy Story Mania, but I think the new Mickey & Minnie ride may be a close contender for top spot (I will finally get to try it this October!). I do like R’n’R a lot, but it’s a one-and-done type for me (it makes my neck hurt too much for repeat riding).
EP- Soarin’ & Frozen (though I do prefer being with friends/family on the latter)... I can’t wait until Remy’s Ratatouille Adv opens bc I’m sure I will love it!!

I used to be an adrenaline junky, but even though I’m still barely in my 40s.... life and new med’s have made me less ride tolerant, and more prone to nasty motion sickness. :faint: These rides still tickle that itch, but don’t make me feel gross afterwards. 🤪

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!