What are your non-park activities when traveling with older teens/young adults?

dvcterry

DIS Veteran
Looking for some ideas here, although we love the parks we love our down time too. What are some good ideas when traveling with my older children ages 17-24? TIA

It's outside of Disney, but we love ifly....indoor skydiving. My DS10 absolutely has an amazing time, the instructors are always kind, and it's safe.
We ( the adults)have always had fun too! I'm 37, DH is 35....we just went with DBIL and his wife who are 22&23.... Fun had by all!

Last edited:
Bowling, cocktails and mocktails. Minigolf.

Park me poolside with a drink that has a little umbrella and I'm happy.

We like Disney Springs. The Void is really cool, they have live music/entertainment, there are tons of good restaurants and the adults can have a drink or two. The hot air balloon and the water taxis look cool, although I've never been on either.

I also think HDDR is fun for all ages and the resort pools are really nice.

It's outside of Disney, but we love ifly....indoor skydiving. My DS10 absolutely has an amazing time, the instructors are always kind, and it's safe.
We ( the adults)have always had fun too! I'm 37, DH is 35....we just went with DBIL and his wife who are 22&23.... Fun had by all!
That sounds like a great time and I've seen that. Thanks!

We like Disney Springs. The Void is really cool, they have live music/entertainment, there are tons of good restaurants and the adults can have a drink or two. The hot air balloon and the water taxis look cool, although I've never been on either.

I also think HDDR is fun for all ages and the resort pools are really nice.
Agreed, pool and resort hopping can be fun to check out grab a bite and visit, bike ride rental maybe too

Bowling, cocktails and mocktails. Minigolf.

Park me poolside with a drink that has a little umbrella and I'm happy.
I'm a poolside happy person too. I have never done mini golf at Disney so add that to our bucket list.

We travel with my 17yo niece, 19 yo nephew, 22 and 24 yo dd's!
Some non park favorites are mini golf, renting water boats, water parks (kind of a park but still...) last trip they all really enjoyed the void, they enjoy a snack at the boardwalk, surrey bike ride followed by either DHS or Epcot fireworks from outside the park.

A few years ago we had a great time at dinner at ALK followed by stories at the firepit and animal viewing with the night vision goggles. Someone mentioned HDDMR - I was skeptical but we booked this last trip and everyone really loved it - :)

Trader sams before 8 and then outside after for snacks and drinks and watching the MK fireworks. They all still like arcade games so they will sometimes do a monorail ride and play a few games at each resort.

Mine also enjoy just chilling at the pool area/ playing corn toss - when we are at a dvc resort they will pool and the other games available.

We travel with my 17yo niece, 19 yo nephew, 22 and 24 yo dd's!
Some non park favorites are mini golf, renting water boats, water parks (kind of a park but still...) last trip they all really enjoyed the void, they enjoy a snack at the boardwalk, surrey bike ride followed by either DHS or Epcot fireworks from outside the park.

A few years ago we had a great time at dinner at ALK followed by stories at the firepit and animal viewing with the night vision goggles. Someone mentioned HDDMR - I was skeptical but we booked this last trip and everyone really loved it - :)

Trader sams before 8 and then outside after for snacks and drinks and watching the MK fireworks. They all still like arcade games so they will sometimes do a monorail ride and play a few games at each resort.

Mine also enjoy just chilling at the pool area/ playing corn toss - when we are at a dvc resort they will pool and the other games available.
We love ALV and especially using the night vision goggles to view the animals in the savannah.

My DD is 22 and has been on 19 trips. Favorite non park times are Hoop Dee Do Revue (that’s a yearly request 😁) , hammock time at CBR and taking the boats from POR to Disney Springs. Last trip we did all three and favorite was Disney Springs listening to the live entertainment. Next year she wants to add bowling in DS

My DD is 22 and has been on 19 trips. Favorite non park times are Hoop Dee Do Revue (that’s a yearly request 😁) , hammock time at CBR and taking the boats from POR to Disney Springs. Last trip we did all three and favorite was Disney Springs listening to the live entertainment. Next year she wants to add bowling in DS
We can do more at Disney Springs they are all above 17 years I think every trip should have hammock time

Topgolf would be my recommendation. Even if they're not into golf normally, the games lend themselves to people who have a limited ability and atmosphere is great.

My college roomie and I did two trips when we were in our early 20s (once right after graduating at 21 and then two years later at 23). For on Disney property fun, we liked to go out in the evenings--this was back when Pleasure Island was still a thing, but we vastly preferred the shopping anyway. Young adults/older teens would probably get a real kick out of a lot of the entertainment options there.

When we stayed off property, we had the best time at Medieval Times, just enjoying that medieval feast and cheering for our knight. It's good for a wide range of ages, too.

My now 19 year old would live in Disney Springs If we would let her. We have tried to hit one of the Spas each trip for the past few years too. She loves renting a cabana for one day during our trips too. (usually on spa day) The diner shows are a nice escape (we like spirit of Aloha) and we did go bowling one year. We tend to stay at Disney when we go to Disney, so I can't really say much for off property ideas unfortunately.

Is the sing-a-long bar still there at Boardwalk? I think it is called Jelly Rolls. My friends and I had a lot of fun there years & years ago.

Is the sing-a-long bar still there at Boardwalk? I think it is called Jelly Rolls. My friends and I had a lot of fun there years & years ago.
I think this would be fun. Boardwalk at night either way. We are staying at Beach Club next time so we can check it out.

When you look out the window from the CL lounges of the Contemporary to the right of Magic Kingdom you can see people doing some form of hang gliding. Any one know where this is? Doesn't appear to be on property but am sure DGD would enjoy it as her chickenhearted grandparents waved to her from the ground.

When you look out the window from the CL lounges of the Contemporary to the right of Magic Kingdom you can see people doing some form of hang gliding. Any one know where this is? Doesn't appear to be on property but am sure DGD would enjoy it as her chickenhearted grandparents waved to her from the ground.
What is this wonderful fun adventure you speak of!? I will have to look into this and let you know. Stay posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter