What are your thoughts on Tyler on the Disneyland podcasts?

I discovered The Dis Unplugged through YouTube.

The video adds SO MUCH to the entertaining factor for me. It also adds professionalism to the audio content. They describe things being aware that not everyone is just watching the video.

I also found out about the Dis through youtube. If it never showed up on my youtube feed I would've never found out about the Dis, wdwinfo and disboards.

I treat the YouTube vlogs like audio podcasts at times when I just want to listen while doing work. I will usually have my phone out on the counter so that I can glance over at times to see what's going on as well.

The YouTube videos don't require you to always be watching, which is a great alternative to just an audio only experience. To me it makes it feel more involved if I can see the team discussing the topics. To each their own.

I think Tyler is just getting his footing. He may need more work on inclusion and interaction, but for the meantime, he is doing his best and will improve with time. Katrina is expanding her input too. She is not always talking about her food allergies, although it is of interest to many who also DO. [Katrina - maybe you can include talking with a Disney Chef Cast Member about how they work with guests with allergies?]

Tom has always been informative and comes across a little more humble or subdued at times, but his input is quite valid. It would be nice to see more of the old gang too. Maybe they can pair up or specialize in different kinds of Disney magic?

It's true that a group is like an orchestra, each one has their own sound/voice and one voice should not overtake another (unless it's their solo).
I wish the best to the current team and hope to see more energy and input from all of them!

°O° ~ Dusty :goofy:

I am a podcast listener and enjoy disunplugged on my walks and drives in the car. So the podcasts I listen to need to keep me awake and excited to listen and interested. It's weird because I feel like I know them but they don't know me and I am their imaginary friend but it's a one way relationship! This weird bonding comes with time. I have to like their voice if I am listening only too. I also respect them more when they experience the parks frequently and have recent updates of actually being there. Example: Pete was just as kona and his review was based on recent experiences there and comparing them to his past ones. Kevin is experiencing his trips and abd so that's important to me when he reviews because it is credible. I miss disneyland podcast. I stopped listening a lot because sometimes content would go on too long and draggy a bit and I couldn't be energized in my walks with it and some podcasters weren't in the parks but traveling like Tony and just read the news for too long for me. I am really looking forward to disneyland new podcast, a new energy, meeting the new crew, getting excited maybe for a future trip there from the east coast. I hope it all works out because I really appreciate these podcasts a lot, when there's a new one I get excited every week and it motivates me to get out and walk or free me from a boring car ride! Thank you....

Thanks, everyone for the support. You guys are awesome.

I can tell you, while eating a bit of crow, that your video logs on the parks, especially on the food offerings, are night and day compared to what was done in the past. A total 180!

I do not get motion sickness while viewing your video logs... LOL.

Man...I feel like both of these statements are not only useless as forms of constructive criticism, they’re also just needlessly nasty.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been enjoying their contributions to the Disneyland show, and look forward to them really hitting their stride.

This is a tough crowd here...
Yes, it's just my opinion. I'm not impressed with another mainstream, non-diverse pair. When I see some diversity and new POVs I'll be wowed.

I plan on doing a binge watch of the some of the Disneyland content. But I've liked the contributions provided by both Tyler and Katrina. And I look forward to more from them

I'm a big fan of Tyler and Katrina. Sorry, but the original team suffered from no one taking a lead role. There was always so much dead air and long pauses. Tyler knows how to keep things flowing. Tom lacks charisma, and although he provides good information, I have a hard time not falling asleep while he talked. Tyler bring much needed energy and enthusiasm, IMO.

I don't mind him. I think he has done great on the Orlando shows. I am just now finding the DL shows. He did a Vlog on the DL construction updates that I thought was great.

I'm still adjusting to him. He is starting to grown on me. There isn't really any member that annoys me. When Steve first started he was just there. Didn't realize how much I appreciated him until he left. He left a huge hole. It has been great having him back. I think as the year goes on Tyler and Katrina will both grow on me.

I LOVE Steve. I hated when he left. I think for being so young he has a lot to offer. I know this is about Tyler but I couldn't help but comment on this. He seems like a bright kid and a great addition to the team. There are a couple people on the Orlando team I would be happy to see leave, he is not one of them.

I disagree. I much prefer the video version of the Orlando show.

I like them both. I listen to the podcasts while running outside. If I am on the treadmill I watch the videos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter