What are your Top 5 attractions that no longer exist?

I'm sure I'll come back and think of others I'd rather have in my top five, but just to throw five rides that I remember and wish I could ride again....

Timekeeper
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Horizons
The Great Movie Ride
ExtraTERRORestrial Encounter

I only experienced that last one once because it scared me very, very badly on my first visit to WDW at age 12...but as an adult, I really wish I could experience it again at an age when I'd actually enjoy it.

Someone mentioned “If You Had Wings” and the moving walkway you loaded on. I think (maybe someone can confirm) that Buzz Lightyear uses the exact omnimover track and layout. I remember the tunnel shaped room (the room where there is nothing to shoot at) played videos that made you feel like you were moving very fast as you slowly moved along.

This is certainly a good choice for this list!

Someone mentioned “If You Had Wings” and the moving walkway you loaded on. I think (maybe someone can confirm) that Buzz Lightyear uses the exact omnimover track and layout. I remember the tunnel shaped room (the room where there is nothing to shoot at) played videos that made you feel like you were moving very fast as you slowly moved along.

This is certainly a good choice for this list!
Its definetly in the same location and is likely on the same track.

My top 5 are:

5: The Great Movie Ride
4: Osborne Lights (that's an attraction.... right???)
3. Mr. Toad's Wild Adventure
2. Maelstrom
1. Imagination with Figment!!!!!!! The original 1 with The Dreamfinder!!:flower1:

All Epcot for me. All rides below are the type of classic Disney we just don’t see created any more. And Epcot seems to be the most abused park for killing off classics.

Universe of Energy
Horizons
World of Motion
Original (Journey Into Imagination)
Maelstrom (although I really like frozenEE)

Ok I havent been to DW since 2014 and Im just realizing the Great Movie Ride is closed!!! That is insane!! That was like the best ride ever! I am so upset! Also the backlot tour and Malestrom should have never been closed. )-:

World of Motion
Mr. Toad
The Original Journey into Imagination
Animation Academy
If You Had Wings

In order, from most missed to least missed:
Horizons
Spaceship Earth (original version, complete with moving chariot and outdated but entertaining final scenes)
Snow White (don't ask why, but I loved the old, dark ride)
Journey into Imagination (original version)
Mr. Toad

Does "Little Red" on the safari count ? He was only little for around 10 years ! :))

I happened to be on a safari the last day of Little Red, and if it's any consolation, the CM told me they had a big farewell party for Little Red planned. You're not alone in missing Little Red.

No particular order:

- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Skyway (over the Magic Kingdom)
- Osborne Lights
- all the night parades such as Spectro Magic and Mainstreet Electrical Parade
- Back Lot Tour

Osbourne Lights, Illuminations, MAELSTROM, Backlot Tour (especially catastrophe canyon) & The Great Movie Ride.

That's a tough question as there are so many long gone favorites of mine.

1. Kitchen Kabaret
2. Horizons
3. Journey into Imagination - original
4. The Great Movie Ride
5. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

....6. Universe of Energy, ....7. World of Motion.... I could go on with this list forever.

It's hard to pick just 5, but....

1) Horizons
2) If I Had Wings
3) World of Motion
4) Body Wars
5) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Also miss Spectromagic, Wishes, & Illuminations.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter