What awesome drinks can you get on the deluxe dining plans vrs. the lower level plans?

Happy Art Teacher

Earning My Ears
The last time I did a dining plan, they didn't offer alcoholic drinks. Do you get better drinks on the deluxe plan vrs. other plans? I saw a thread on quick service choices, but couldn't find one on the

I do not think that deluxe dining gets you any more $ toward alcohol. Each restaurant has its own policy about the price limit of what alcoholic drink is included for all dining plans, usually in the $15-20 range for TS restaurants, not sure about QS because I haven't tried enough of those on the DxDP. Arguably, the DxDP is a worse deal if you use your credits at a Signature restaurant, which we do, because you only get one alcoholic drink included even with being charged for two credits. I think that's wrong, and that you should get two drinks if you're using two credits, but I've been chastised many times here for saying so.

The last time I did a dining plan, they didn't offer alcoholic drinks. Do you get better drinks on the deluxe plan vrs. other plans? I saw a thread on quick service choices, but couldn't find one on the

The biggest difference is that if you opt for the quick service plan then you won't get any credits to use at sit down restaurant locations. So the only alcoholic beverages you can get will be ones from quick service locations. If you prefer the options at the table service restaurants, then any dining plan which gives you table service credits will work out for you, whether it's the standard, deluxe, or plus.

I think that's wrong, and that you should get two drinks if you're using two credits, but I've been chastised many times here for saying so.

2 credit restaurants use 2 credits due to a combo of the levels of service, food, ambiance, or even popularity at that location, not because there is an increased quantity of food and drink, so I don't personally feel like there is any reason they would include two drinks just as I wouldn't expect them to include 2 desserts. :)

I do not think that deluxe dining gets you any more $ toward alcohol. Each restaurant has its own policy about the price limit of what alcoholic drink is included for all dining plans, usually in the $15-20 range for TS restaurants, not sure about QS because I haven't tried enough of those on the DxDP. Arguably, the DxDP is a worse deal if you use your credits at a Signature restaurant, which we do, because you only get one alcoholic drink included even with being charged for two credits. I think that's wrong, and that you should get two drinks if you're using two credits, but I've been chastised many times here for saying so.

Usually signature dining has higher priced entrees so I thought there would be a higher drink price limit than a single table credit place. Signature dining places has more upper upper shelf alcohol and more expensive wine choices available. I just thought you could order the more expensive drinks with deluxe. I was looking for a deluxe drinking perk. haha. I'm a teacher, I need that. haha.

I think you'll find that you'll find great drinks at all types of locations. I did! A mixed drink tends to run what? About 12-15$? A beer/wine 10-12$? Perhaps more for beer/wine at deluxe, but probably not enough to make a difference. Didn't even think about that while there. I just loved being able to have a drink as part of my plan. It made me feel more free to try something new (yeah, I know I pay for it either way). :) I didn't feel like I was getting more or better or more expensive drinks at deluxe establishments. Take note of your fav liquors tho. I imagine you could take advantage that way. Ate a couple of places where 75% of the signature drinks were whiskey based. So not my thing, but hubby had a blast at those, so fair enough.

I recommend Flying Fish, but I haven't read much about it lately, so maybe it is not so great anymore. The new menu was great, and got a lot of praise. I just looked up their drinks for you, and these 3 sounded good to me. I have tried the chocolate martini at 2 other places, and really recommend it. Drink water or soda or whatever with your meal (out of pocket), and get your dessert boxed to go, then get the chocolate martini as your drink, but it really is a dessert. These 3 sound good.
Espresso Martini
Stoli Vanil Vodka, Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur, shot of Joffrey's Espresso, garnished with Lemon Twist, and Coffee Beans

$14.00

Peanut Butter Freeze
Kahlúa, Baileys Irish Cream, Crème de Banana, dark Crème de Cacao, Peanut Butter, garnished with Candied Bacon

$14.00

Chocolate Martini
Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, Stoli Vanil Vodka, House-made Cocoa Syrup, splash of Frangelico

$10.25

Pete said in a review you could get the Peanut Butter Freeze non-alcoholic, and is delicious.

Oh, I forgot a recommendation!

One of my favs I tried on my last trip was the Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White (and the evil queen!!!).

Enchanted Apple
Skyy Citrus Vodka, DeKuyper Pucker Sour Apple, and White Cranberry Juice

$14.00

And the hubby (came in a smoking box, smelled amazing!):

The Smoking Mirror
Johnnie Walker Black, Wildberry, Lime, Rosemary Smoke

$14.00

I recommend Flying Fish, but I haven't read much about it lately, so maybe it is not so great anymore. The new menu was great, and got a lot of praise. I just looked up their drinks for you, and these 3 sounded good to me. I have tried the chocolate martini at 2 other places, and really recommend it. Drink water or soda or whatever with your meal (out of pocket), and get your dessert boxed to go, then get the chocolate martini as your drink, but it really is a dessert. These 3 sound good.
Espresso Martini
Stoli Vanil Vodka, Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur, shot of Joffrey's Espresso, garnished with Lemon Twist, and Coffee Beans
$14.00
Peanut Butter Freeze
Kahlúa, Baileys Irish Cream, Crème de Banana, dark Crème de Cacao, Peanut Butter, garnished with Candied Bacon
$14.00
Chocolate Martini
Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, Stoli Vanil Vodka, House-made Cocoa Syrup, splash of Frangelico
$10.25
Pete said in a review you could get the Peanut Butter Freeze non-alcoholic, and is delicious.

THese sound SO wonderful! I normally would never get these, but if I have a dining plan, I will. This trip my kids are all drinking age. It will be different for sure! I saw Pete's recommendation, so I am considering Flying Fish. It's been 5 years, and there are so many new places to try! Thanks for your recommendations!

Oh, I forgot a recommendation!

One of my favs I tried on my last trip was the Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White (and the evil queen!!!).

Enchanted Apple
Skyy Citrus Vodka, DeKuyper Pucker Sour Apple, and White Cranberry Juice

$14.00

And the hubby (came in a smoking box, smelled amazing!):

The Smoking Mirror
Johnnie Walker Black, Wildberry, Lime, Rosemary Smoke

$14.00
Disney is SO creative. These sound like so much fun, like an adventure. I think I go to DIsney to eat. haha! I wonder what kind of special foods and drinks they might have next year for the 50th!

I think you'll find that you'll find great drinks at all types of locations. I did! A mixed drink tends to run what? About 12-15$? A beer/wine 10-12$? Perhaps more for beer/wine at deluxe, but probably not enough to make a difference. Didn't even think about that while there. I just loved being able to have a drink as part of my plan. It made me feel more free to try something new (yeah, I know I pay for it either way). :) I didn't feel like I was getting more or better or more expensive drinks at deluxe establishments. Take note of your fav liquors tho. I imagine you could take advantage that way. Ate a couple of places where 75% of the signature drinks were whiskey based. So not my thing, but hubby had a blast at those, so fair enough.
I am in my 50's and have never tried whiskey yet. I love tequila but I got sick off of rum when I was in my 20's and still don't like it so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!