What bag do you carry?

I go bagless 99% of the time, I've managed to find skorts and sundresses with pockets. The few times I've had to carry a bag were when I knew it was going to rain all day and a full sized poncho wouldn't fit in any of my pockets. In those cases I have a couple of small crossbody Dooney's I take. I get cold inside as well and did used to take a sweater with me all the time but now that I've gone bagless so many times, I've learned how to just sort of deal with it. In the winter months I use a shawl or pagmina that I just wrap around my waist. I do have a clear plastic backpack that I used to take the security people loved because they didn't have to actually open it, they could see everything. I get the free water at QS when I need water because I don't even like carrying around a bottle of water. My phone and chapstick fit in a pocket. My son uses the phone chargers that you can switch out at WDW and those easily fit in his shorts pockets, when he's not with me, I don't need one as my phone will last all day. I keep some cash, my ID, my AP and a credit card in a very small flip type wallet in another pocket. My reading glasses around my neck, my sunglasses on my head and I'm good to go. I put sunscreen on when I leave the room and don't need it again the rest of the day.

I purchased a medium sized wristlet. any opinions on wristlets? thinking of changing from my typical crossbody lightweight, not much in it bag to a wristlet because the lightweight crossbody started to bother my shoulder after a week of wearing it all day every day (i just wasn't used to it). so opinions on wristlets that will only have lightweight items? it's a kipling, amazon. one main zipper pocket for phone, essentials.

I carry my Dooney & Bourke wristlet in the parks all the time. I don't need a lot.

Purses bother my shoulder/back after awhile.

I do a combination of bag free and small bag. If it’s going to be nice weather, I can get by with cargo shorts/capris and only carry phone in charger case, small wallet, and some individually packaged Wet Ones. I have a couple bags, a Dooney pouchette crossbody and an Overland Equipment Donner crossbody that I bring with me to have bag options. The Donner bag holds my nylon rain poncho, and has two bottled water compartments, one of which I put a compact umbrella in. So it goes with me on rainy days.

I will look into the Donner bag, thanks!

What bag do you carry?....................................NONE...never have and still don't

Terrific!

I HATE carrying a bag at WDW or anywhere else--my purse is a wristlet. However, since my eyesight has gotten worse, I need my prescription sunglasses and my glasses, so I carry a small VB mini-hipster. I take my glasses and case (or sunglasses, whichever I'm not wearing), a small case with ibuprofen, and a small sunscreen stick, my ID, a little bit of cash if the kids haven't taken it all, and my phone. DS17 carries a string backpack with his phone charger, extra battery and whatever else he puts in there. I do carry a water bottle, but not in a bag.

Cash in case the kids haven't taken it all....:lmao: Truth right there!

I have a lesportsac crossbody bag. The bag itself is super light, and it carries the essentials, but it’s also big enough to throw in a bottle of water when I need to be completely hands free.

I will check that bag out!

I go bagless 99% of the time, I've managed to find skorts and sundresses with pockets. The few times I've had to carry a bag were when I knew it was going to rain all day and a full sized poncho wouldn't fit in any of my pockets. In those cases I have a couple of small crossbody Dooney's I take. I get cold inside as well and did used to take a sweater with me all the time but now that I've gone bagless so many times, I've learned how to just sort of deal with it. In the winter months I use a shawl or pagmina that I just wrap around my waist. I do have a clear plastic backpack that I used to take the security people loved because they didn't have to actually open it, they could see everything. I get the free water at QS when I need water because I don't even like carrying around a bottle of water. My phone and chapstick fit in a pocket. My son uses the phone chargers that you can switch out at WDW and those easily fit in his shorts pockets, when he's not with me, I don't need one as my phone will last all day. I keep some cash, my ID, my AP and a credit card in a very small flip type wallet in another pocket. My reading glasses around my neck, my sunglasses on my head and I'm good to go. I put sunscreen on when I leave the room and don't need it again the rest of the day.

I bought new sundresses for our trip but none have pockets. I like dresses but typically they do not have pockets.

Do lots of QS give out free water? Will they just give you water even if you are not buying anything? If so, thats a great option!

I too can put on sunscreen once and be done but DH is more fair than I am and needs it a couple times.

We have a clear bag we take to sporting events....might be a good idea. You've got me thinking! :thanks:

I carry my Dooney & Bourke wristlet in the parks all the time. I don't need a lot.

Purses bother my shoulder/back after awhile.

I had not thought of a wristlet for me, will a little lip gloss and small travel/hotel lotion fit in one?

At night I try and go bagless if we are just going to dinner. During the day I need my prescription sunglass, a wrap or something for when we are eating and it is too cold, wipes, tissues, mini sunscreen, hand lotion and water. I have a few cross body bags, no particular brand. Several years ago this light backpack was suggested on the boards and one of the best purchase I have made. It is on the smaller side, very light weight and a water bottle fits on each side pouch. My husband and I take turns carrying it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016NLA96Y/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AEA5K88RO6XPD

Yes, all QS will give you free water. Some have a space designated for it, some you have to stand in line and ask but all will do it.

At night I try and go bagless if we are just going to dinner. During the day I need my prescription sunglass, a wrap or something for when we are eating and it is too cold, wipes, tissues, mini sunscreen, hand lotion and water. I have a few cross body bags, no particular brand. Several years ago this light backpack was suggested on the boards and one of the best purchase I have made. It is on the smaller side, very light weight and a water bottle fits on each side pouch. My husband and I take turns carrying it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016NLA96Y/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AEA5K88RO6XPD

Thats a great bag, just checked it out and similar to what DH decided on (see below). Good idea, at dinner, we will be able to travel bagless which will be nice. Plans are to go back to the resort to freshen up/relax before dinner every night.

Yes, all QS will give you free water. Some have a space designated for it, some you have to stand in line and ask but all will do it.

Thank you! Thats good info to have. I suspect it'll be very hot in 2 weeks. The weather says 90* daily.

Thanks everyone. After some research. DH ended up getting this. He can also use it for work; he's a firefighter, so its a win-win.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0187XL5LE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is a really stupid question, but what happens to your bags or phones or other items on rides? Do you have to check them in or put them in a locker? Doesn’t that take more time? I’d like to not have a bag with me but we’d both have phones and we drink a lot of water.

First timers at WDW!

This is a really stupid question, but what happens to your bags or phones or other items on rides? Do you have to check them in or put them in a locker? Doesn’t that take more time? I’d like to not have a bag with me but we’d both have phones and we drink a lot of water.

First timers at WDW!

We take our bag on all the rides. Its easy.

This is my go-to bag for Disney, it's awesome:

https://www.mysteryranch.com/booty-bag

the side that rests against your back is padded so it's comfy to wear, the straps are light and have some mesh-y material so they breathe a bit, and when you're wearing it the top is cinched shut by the straps so no one can sneak into it when you're not looking.

And mine is over 5 years old and has gone on tons of trips and still looks almost brand new :D

Sling bags for the win. This is the one I use, it’s super lightweight, water resistant and holds just about everything I could possibly need for my whole family (minus towels and multiple changes of clothes but we don’t usually bring those things in anyways). I couldn’t recommend it enough! It was so easy to carry and take on rides, and I never got too hot with it on like I do with backpacks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PPY5WBS/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is my go-to bag for Disney, it's awesome:

https://www.mysteryranch.com/booty-bag

the side that rests against your back is padded so it's comfy to wear, the straps are light and have some mesh-y material so they breathe a bit, and when you're wearing it the top is cinched shut by the straps so no one can sneak into it when you're not looking.

And mine is over 5 years old and has gone on tons of trips and still looks almost brand new :D

Thats a cool bag! Does it only have the one inside pocket for smaller items?

Sling bags for the win. This is the one I use, it’s super lightweight, water resistant and holds just about everything I could possibly need for my whole family (minus towels and multiple changes of clothes but we don’t usually bring those things in anyways). I couldn’t recommend it enough! It was so easy to carry and take on rides, and I never got too hot with it on like I do with backpacks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PPY5WBS/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love the look of this! And love all the pockets! Pockets are a big thing for me. I hate rifling through a bag to find my stuff.

Thats a cool bag! Does it only have the one inside pocket for smaller items?

It's got the one zipper pocket at the top for smaller items (wallet, keys, checkbook, etc.) and then the rest is just a cavernous space that holds the ponchos, water bottles, etc. The un-fastened top is also handy for when you inevitably wind up carrying around a fairly wand (or two) :P

This thread has been very helpful. I am a child of the 80's and have always carried a fanny pack but have decided it is time to move into the correct century/era.... I just bought a piazza bag and a terrace mini (both different styles of cross body) from ebags. I have a 15 year old with special needs and food allergies. So he will have his own string back bag with his epi pen and phone but I also need to have epi pen, benadryl, etc... as well as the phone chargers, etc.... I got my 13 year old daughter a cross body purse that holds her phone and a chapstick. She doesn't need anything else. and she can toss her sunglasses in there if needed.
DH carries the backpack with the ponchos, frozen waters and peanut free snacks. However I am usually in an ECV (severe arthritis in my foot and hip and I've already had both knees replaced)... it usually ends up in the basket of the ECV but I'm thinking I should take a bike lock and lock the bag in. What are your thoughts?

A small backpack/purse. And sometimes a tote. Sometimes I feel like we are overloaded with bags. We all put sunscreen on in the morning before we leave the room but I have a small, non-travel sized bottle of sunscreen in the purse. Wallet, sunglasses, big hat with brim, and usually a can of soda. We are typically good with the free water from QS

We got this backpack on a promotion this past fall. - I think if you spent $40 in the gift shops the bag was $20.

Attachments

• bkpk.jpeg
    bkpk.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 16
I carry a small wristlet that easily fits in a dress pocket. For this trip, DH will carry a Timbuk2 messenger bag of sort which he uses as his diaper bag. If the kids weren't so small, we'd be bagless, so probably only this and maybe one other trip with a bag at all.

@disneyworldsk - wristlets have been my only bag for 10 years. You won't regret it. Most of mine I can even carry under my arm like a purse, but I don't do that much in sweaty months...lol!

Last edited:
I usually use a OneTigris Water Bottle Carrier. It holds a 32oz Hydroflask water bottle and has a small front pocket for whatever you want to throw in there.

If it's a situation where I need to carry more, I bring my Orvis Safe Passage sling pack. It's a fly fishing sling pack, has multiple compartments including a spot for my 32oz water bottle that you don't need to swing the bag around to access, you just reach behind your back and grab it.

I used to carry a baggalini cross body but since I started having trouble with back pain I switched to a small fanny pack. I can't stand anything pulling on my shoulder and I love feeling hands free. So I may look nerdy but I could care less. I'm comfy!

Back when I went during high school I would take a Vera Bradley backpack. This year, however, I'm going to take 2 different ones. One is Longchamp medium sized backpack that is also going to be my carry on for this trip. That one can hold quite a lot. I can easily fit a jacket in the bottom. I guess the only complaint I hear about that type of backpack is that there aren't any pockets, really. It's just one large bag.

The second one I'm bringing is a mini Jansport backpack that has Mickey and Friends on it, like Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald. That one is a lot smaller than the Longchamp one, maybe about half the size? You definitely can't fit a jacket into that one, but it's still good enough to fit things like your wallet, portable charger and chord, keys, and some other smaller items. It's a good size for if you just need to carry some small things. There's also a small zipper pocket in the front of that one with an even smaller pocket that only has a velcro on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!