• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what beer at the hoop?

hAm53

hi!!!
inspired by Mary Diehl, my fiance and i just booked the hoop dee doo for our wedding/honeymoon in september 2005 (hoping for a seat near the front since we're 14 months away).
my fiance said she's fine with the all you can drink sangria, but what if its beer that i don't like? how can she throw me a curveball like that? so what type of beer is it? i haven't been there in 15 years, when i was 10. so needless to say i wan't drinking that time.
thanks!
~ chris

Chris it's all you can drink beer:teeth: How bad could it be?:confused: Just kidding, I understand your concern. As an aficionado of beer I would guess there is a wide range of choices--like regular or lite. ;) Have never done HDDR, but let's see if anyone else has the correct info.:earsboy:

Sorry to have to tell you but your choice is Lite or Lite!:o I think it is Miller Lite? Anyway it is not good.

Now we haven't gone for a year and a half, going again in a week so I'll check and see if it has changed but all reports here are that it is the same.

The show is worth it though don't you think!::yes::

It's bud lite...and the sangria and wine aren't that good either. I had a glass of everything and the bud lite was the most drinkable...kind of scary!

DH wants to think there was Bud Light and something else--"something better", although it was far from a "premium" beer.

Anne

Oh, yep...it was Bud Light.

Ducklite, I hope that yor husband is right that they've added something else. When were you there last? Here's hoping!

I also don't remember any wine other than the sangria which my DH likes. What other wine was served mep319?

There was an undrikable chardonnay being offered as well the last time we were there. (Jan 2003)

Anne

LOL, Anne. You were there right after us as our last time which was NYE, 2002. I'm almost sure there was no chardonnay then. I think I would take any chardonnay over the Bud Light.....unless it's pink or some other horror!:D

At our last trip it was Bud Light only--oh how I wish they would have had ANYTHING else!!!
I got down one sip and then switched to wine--almost unheard of for me outside V&A.

Originally posted by ducklite
There was an undrikable chardonnay being offered as well the last time we were there. (Jan 2003)

Anne

It wasn't pink, but it was HORRID!! Worse than the stuff you buy in the twist off on Amtrack. Just undrinkable. It was so bad, I'm not sure I'd even cook with it!

Anne

Originally posted by BCV23
Oh, yep...it was Bud Light.

Ducklite, I hope that yor husband is right that they've added something else. When were you there last? Here's hoping!

I also don't remember any wine other than the sangria which my DH likes. What other wine was served mep319?

There was chardonnay, some un-named "red"...I don't know if it was a merlot or cabernet...it was probably wasn't either, and a blush. I tried the red and white and they weren't drinkable. I didn't like the sangria....I was back to the bud lite. This was 1/03....we are returning for our upcoming trip. I'll be sure to report when I get back!

I can't remember what kind of beer they serve ........ but after the 1st couple of them, what does it matter, it all tastes the same after that !!

Just go and enjoy the show... it is good, you don't have to be "happy" to enjoy it !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter