What came first? The Chicken or the Egg?

What came first?

• CHICKEN

• EGG

Results are only viewable after voting.

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
What came first......the chicken or the egg? I KNOW! S

Chicken...with french fries, hot sauce and cole slaw please :teeth:

TC:cool:

Definately the chicken. God created animals, not eggs. :)

I agree that God created animals, not eggs. Besides, hens have to sit on eggs. There wouldn't have been anyone to sit on the eggs.

These are not my words, but express my opinion on the subject!

http://members.iinet.net.au/~lair/muad%60dib/chicken.html

Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

If you take the question literally the answer is simple. It was the egg. Why? Basically because the question never states that the egg is a chicken egg and because of this we can say the egg came first before the chicken courtesy of the countless dinosaur eggs laid before the time of the chicken. Of course this reasoning is being pedantic since the question assumes that everyone will read the question to mean the chicken egg.

If this is the case then the question is impossible to answer unless a definition is cleared up. The question is not impossible to answer because nobody was around at the time of the first chicken (or egg) but because nobody has irrefutably defined what a chicken egg is. Is a chicken egg an egg that a chicken lays, or a egg that contains a chicken? If it is the former then the chicken came first because you need the chicken to lay the chicken egg. If it is the latter then the egg came first because it contained the very first chicken as we know it.

Obviously none of you have taken a philosophy class.....

Remember the tv show Head of the Class? The kids on there were arguing this once. Howard Hesseman's character said a philosopher (I think Aristotle) once said actuality preceeds potentiality. So if a chicken is an actual chicken and an egg is a potential egg, then the chicken came first.

WOW! The chicken is still in the lead! S

Originally posted by Obi-Wan Pinobi
Remember the tv show Head of the Class? The kids on there were arguing this once. Howard Hesseman's character said a philosopher (I think Aristotle) once said actuality preceeds potentiality. So if a chicken is an actual chicken and an egg is a potential egg, then the chicken came first.

Thanks OBI!!! I couldn't have said it better myself.

I think Aristotle? Maybe he is waiting for the next WKRP in Cincinnati marathon on Nick at Nite and trying to pass the time.

I love friend chicken.... Mmmmm. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter