What can I do with with 1 point that I can't use?

You are wrong.

You banked 26 points on April 27th from 2017 UY to 2018 UY and your 2018 UY balance became 45 points. You used ALL 26 banked points in your reservation made on May 24 plus 18 2018 UY points. You have 1 2018 UY point that can be banked into the 2019 UY.

ETA: Member Services uses banked points for by default when making a reservation. If you make a reservation online, the banked points are offered to you first to draw points from.

I re-read your earlier reply. You said in part: "Points banked from one year to the next is a one-way trip and they may not be banked again." [Emphasis added]. Since I had already banked this one (1) point from my Oct. 2017 Use Year into my Oct. 2018 Use Use, wouldn't I be trying to bank it a second time if I tried to bank this one (1) point again by May of 2019? Sorry if I still seem confused, but obviously I still am. Thanks.

I re-read your earlier reply. You said in part: "Points banked from one year to the next is a one-way trip and they may not be banked again." [Emphasis added]. Since I had already banked this one (1) point from my Oct. 2017 Use Year into my Oct. 2018 Use Use, wouldn't I be trying to bank it a second time if I tried to bank this one (1) point again by May of 2019? Sorry if I still seem confused, but obviously I still am. Thanks.
Member Services uses banked and borrowed points first when they make a reservation.

How about a visual? Imagine your points are in containers. Here is how your account looked on April 26th before you banked.

ea2ULwX.jpg

On April 27, 2018 you banked all 26 of your 2017 points into 2018. Imagine that member services pours the red 2017 points on top of the green 2018 points but they don't mix up. The red 2017 BANKED points sit on top of the green 2018 points. your 2017 container is now empty.

jzDz9Xb.jpg

On May 24, 2018 you make a 44 point reservation for April 2019 at BCV with your DVC points. Member Services uses ALL 26 of the the red banked points first for the reservation since they have that one-way trip into the 2018 UY and they need to be used as soon as possible so you don't lose them. Imagine that member services pours out the points from your 2018 container into your reservation. ALL the 26 red banked points go in first and then the rest of the reservation is topped off with 18 green 2018 UY points.

uXueGyH.jpg

This is the current state of your membership. Your 2017 UY container is empty. Your green 2018 UY container has 1 point. Your April 2019 BCV Reservation has 26 red banked points and 18 green 2018 UY points. ALL of your banked points have been used.

You may bank that 1 green point into 2019. It is not lost.

Last edited:
Member Services uses banked and borrowed points first when they make a reservation.

How about a visual? Imagine your points are in containers. Here is how your account looked on April 26th before you banked.

ea2ULwX.jpg

On April 27, 2018 you banked all 26 of your 2017 points into 2018. Imagine that member services pours the red 2017 points on top of the green 2018 points but they don't mix up. The red 2017 BANKED points sit on top of the green 2018 points. your 2017 container is now empty.

jzDz9Xb.jpg

On May 24, 2018 you make a 44 point reservation for April 2019 at BCV with your DVC points. Member Services uses ALL 26 of the the red banked points first for the reservation since they have that one-way trip into the 2018 UY and they need to be used as soon as possible so you don't lose them. Imagine that member services pours out the points from your 2018 container into your reservation. ALL the 26 red banked points go in first and then the rest of the reservation is topped off with 18 green 2018 UY points.

mOV9MPG.jpg

This is the current state of your membership. Your 2017 UY container is empty. Your green 2018 UY container has 1 point. Your April 2019 BCV Reservation has 26 red banked points and 18 green 2018 UY points. ALL of your banked points have been used.

I finally got it! Thank you for your visual and for your patience to make certain that I did get it. I see now that the mouse will not be eating even this one (1) point.

I finally got it! Thank you for your visual and for your patience to make certain that I did get it. I see now that the mouse will not be eating even this one (1) point.
Yay! You're welcome. I'm glad I could help :).

ea2ULwX.jpg

jzDz9Xb.jpg

mOV9MPG.jpg

Wow, the visuals are brilliant. I would like this post twice, if I could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!