What can you do with Disney gift cards?

MrsPete

DIS Veteran
Just verifying:

- Can you pay for parking with a Disney gift card?
- Can you buy meals at Disney Springs with a Disney gift card?

Perhaps it'd be easier to ask, What CAN'T you do with a Disney gift card?

You can’t buy DVC points with a Disney Gift card

It may seem obvious, but I've seen people complain on here before, so I'll say it. The non-Disney owned stores at Disney Springs don't take Disney gift cards.
Not entirely true. A couple years ago we used our magic band to charge our room at all the shops at Disney Springs (Shoe store, candy shops, treats, etc). Unless something has changed. Then used Gift cards to pay it off

It may seem obvious, but I've seen people complain on here before, so I'll say it. The non-Disney owned stores at Disney Springs don't take Disney gift cards.

We use gift cards for everything - including at Disney Springs. We've only run into 1 store that didn't take it - and it seemed to be a one off. It was the Coca-Cola store and their gift card/magic band reader was turned off - we've use Disney gift cards there on many other trips. Every other store or restaurant we have been to has accepted them.

We use gift cards for everything - including at Disney Springs. We've only run into 1 store that didn't take it - and it seemed to be a one off. It was the Coca-Cola store and their gift card/magic band reader was turned off - we've use Disney gift cards there on many other trips. Every other store or restaurant we have been to has accepted them.

I'm sorry if I gave bad information. Someone posted here just the other day that they couldn't use one at the Lego store and I asked if I could use one in Sephora and was told no, but that was a couple years ago, so maybe they have updated their ability to accept them.

Thanks, All. DVC doesn't interest me anyway, and non-Disney stores at Disney Springs doesn't sound like a problem.

Can anyone address whether Disney gift cards are good for parking at the parks?

Thanks.

I've searched for 'gift cards' using Search option on Disboards and can't find the answer I need. As a UK resident we always pay cash for everything in Disney, but now that mobile ordering and card use is preferred, it's difficult as we'll be charged lots of credit card fees for every transaction.

My questions are:

Can I ask where Disney gift cards are available in Disney?
Or maybe at the airport (arrivals not departures).
Which other stores? We usually have a hire car so can make a stop on our way, although that's not preferable after a long journey.

Thanks

Thanks, All. DVC doesn't interest me anyway, and non-Disney stores at Disney Springs doesn't sound like a problem.

Can anyone address whether Disney gift cards are good for parking at the parks?

Thanks.

Yes, they are good for parking and anything in the parks. Or at the hotels. You can charge things to your room and pay that via credit card. You can use it for pretty much anything except what was mentioned above.

I've searched for 'gift cards' using Search option on Disboards and can't find the answer I need. As a UK resident we always pay cash for everything in Disney, but now that mobile ordering and card use is preferred, it's difficult as we'll be charged lots of credit card fees for every transaction.

My questions are:

Which other stores? We usually have a hire car so can make a stop on our way, although that's not preferable after a long journey.

Thanks

Some credit cards available here have no foreign transaction fees. One that quickly comes to mind is Chase's IHG hotel card. Perhaps there is a card you can get in the UK with this option?

Disney gift cards are pretty easy to find. The Magic of Disney is in the main terminal at MCO. The resort gift shop should have some. Most grocery stores in the US carry them.

I love the ability/idea of non Disney owned stores allowing charges to Magic Band??? and then using discounted Disney GCs to pay. That would be cool....so it's doable?

My questions are:

Thanks
I believe you can buy them at the welcome center in Disney springs as well

you should be able to use them at most of the non-disney stores at Disney Springs. Maybe not all of the employees know this, but they almost all have the ability. Restaurants not owned by Disney definitely can take DGCs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter