What can you tell me about the Edison?

crazylady

DIS Veteran
I'm looking at two very different restaurants.

The Boathouse looks fabulous (and I've heard great things) but my kid (11) will hate it.

The Edison looks like a fun atmosphere that the kid will love plus I think my husband will think it is cool. But the menu looks like same thing we'll be eating everywhere else that week.

So-

Does the Edison have a cool pre-10pm vibe? Do the acts perform all evening or just after 10? How is the food?

Thanks for your opinions!

I’m also curious. Looks like it may be a top secret hot spot. No one’s talkin’. Maybe check out an online review site? :confused3

My husband and I stopped in for a mid afternoon lunch and shared a ridiculously huge burger/grilled cheese special that was delicious. We also shared the “box of balls” which is also delicious (and comes with giggles included) dessert and drinks. It was really quiet when we were there but our server was fun and the Inventor was there visiting tables demonstrating his inventions. We enjoyed it and will go back when we get a chance.

We found there was no fun vibe at dinnertime and we hated the food, really thought it the worst meal of our trip. I should note we usually go to signature restaurants, so maybe we were comparing apples to oranges.

We found there was no fun vibe at dinnertime and we hated the food, really thought it the worst meal of our trip. I should note we usually go to signature restaurants, so maybe we were comparing apples to oranges.
Yikes, we have an 8pm ADR in Aug, maybe I’ll rebook it for a bit later, to see what it’s like with entertainment. Can you elaborate on, “hated the food”? Perhaps as it’s a new venue , maybe it will finds its groove by Aug!

The restaurant concept seemed so imaginative it was a disappointment how generic and bland the entrees were. Undoubtedly we were not the target audience, as the sweet items read more creative on the menu, but we don't eat desserts. The regular food was just treated as an afterthought to the cocktails and the sugar rush. Also, one of my sons is a vegetarian, and the veggie burger is a premade nationally-distributed one, which was something of a let-down for him, as he had been enjoying chef-created fare elsewhere at Disney. However, if you like bacon (we don't), this could be your nirvana.

We were going to try The Edison in October, but we ended up switching to Raglan Road. I read some pretty bad reviews of The Edison on Tripadvisor. Of course, we always like to try a place on our own because we usually end up liking the ones that aren't spoken about as often. For example, we really enjoyed Nine Dragons and didn't like Tusker House at all.

I have read that their entertainment has only been on Thursday-Saturday. I am hoping they expand that since it is summer but I haven't seen very much anywhere either. I really want to go here but right now I have a late ADR at Raglan Road in case I don't find any other information since I am looking at going on a Wednesday.

I have an ADR for the Edison this Fall but really struggling with the reviews. Love the concept & the decor but the menu is limited and many reviews give the sense that pre-10pm guests are a bit of an after thought. i.e. that Edison is really positioning itself as a nightclub.

I'm curious about anyone's dinner experiences here. Particularly interested from POV of those on the dining plan. I took a look at the dessert menu and the signature desserts (lollipop tree & the black cherry one) are for 2 to share. That usually means they are not available for individual guests on DDP unless you want to pay OOP. That makes a limited menu really restrictive.

Menu at sister restaurant Maria & Enzo's looks much bigger & more appealing. But the decor at Edison is better. Decisions. Will have to wait & see how other guest experiences unfold.

I have an ADR for the Edison this Fall but really struggling with the reviews. Love the concept & the decor but the menu is limited and many reviews give the sense that pre-10pm guests are a bit of an after thought. i.e. that Edison is really positioning itself as a nightclub.

I'm curious about anyone's dinner experiences here. Particularly interested from POV of those on the dining plan. I took a look at the dessert menu and the signature desserts (lollipop tree & the black cherry one) are for 2 to share. That usually means they are not available for individual guests on DDP unless you want to pay OOP. That makes a limited menu really restrictive.

Menu at sister restaurant Maria & Enzo's looks much bigger & more appealing. But the decor at Edison is better. Decisions. Will have to wait & see how other guest experiences unfold.
We ate at both enjoyed The Edison with the band and atmosphere much better. Also the food was good. The burger was one of the best and huge. My wife had to send her meal back as the linguine and clam sauce was dry at Mario & Enzo's.

I'm looking at two very different restaurants.

The Boathouse looks fabulous (and I've heard great things) but my kid (11) will hate it.

The Edison looks like a fun atmosphere that the kid will love plus I think my husband will think it is cool. But the menu looks like same thing we'll be eating everywhere else that week.

So-

Does the Edison have a cool pre-10pm vibe? Do the acts perform all evening or just after 10? How is the food?

Thanks for your opinions!

I went there in january at 8pm.

The food was really good, had the candied bacon to start and honestly can't recall the mains, sorry. I remember they were both good, both of us were pleased. The interior is very cool, we had a reservation and they sat us literally immediately while others without reservations waited. This was very nice and not like the disney restaurants who have a different system.

The drinks were not as great, again Im sorry I can't remember what I ordered but they were very average and expensive. I live in vancouver, our drinks at bars here can cost 10 - 14 bucks so I'm not shy about paying that, but they're usually better. These were just meh. I'm talking about cocktails, no idea about beer/wine as we didn't have them.

Overall the place was cool but it was too pricey for what we got. I honestly enjoyed coral reef more, I liked looking at the fish more. My gf is big into steampunk, she liked the edison but says she doesn't want to go back this year, so I'm really not sure if she doesnt like it and doesnt want me to think we wasted money, or she liked it but not that much.

We're going to the boathouse this year.

I'd really recommend the edison for a drink or two to see it, but that's about it for me. This is of course just my opinion, there's just other places at disney I'd choose over it, boma comes to mind. Of the three places we went that trip, boma, coral reef, edison, I would rank them in that order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter