What candy do you give on Halloween?

What ever the cheapest big bag that Sam's club sells. This year - 3 musketeers/milky way/m&m's/starburst/snickers

Past years - tootsie rolls/tootsie pops/dots

Last edited:
We just buy a big mixed bag at Costco.

ETA We just bought our mixed bag - has mostly gummy type candies. Not trying to be cheap, just trying to avoid chocolate temptation ;)

Last edited:

Mixed full size candy bars from Costco...Snickers, M&Ms, Skittles, Hershey, etc
Also non candy......spiders, bracelets, Playdoh, etc

Halloween can be weird in my neighborhood. Sometimes I get a bunch of kids and sometimes none. I also get a lot of teens (I love teen trick or treaters, they aren’t trying to grow up too fast and be out causing trouble or partying) when I do get people. It depends on how lazy I feel whether I have candy or just turn my light off.

When I do give out candy I pick out whatever is on bogo that I don’t like. A few years ago I went to the dollar tree and got a bunch of little glow sticks, spider rings, stickers, and other little trinkets. I had so much candy leftover. I guess the kids were sick of candy and wanted the trinkets. So since then I’ve had plenty of non-candy things.

I make a bag with 3-4 candy bar Minis (Snickers,Hershey Bar, Reese’s,M&Ms, etc) plus 2-3 pieces of Double Bubble gum plus 3-4 pieces of smaller candies like Smarties or Rolos - it’s basically a nice bag full...I put the bags in a black cauldron I have for serving... I’ll buy upwards of 50 bags of candy - more if Halloween falls on a weekend

When we were kids we took pride that our house was known to have “the good candy” so I’ve tried to keep that tradition alive. M&Ms, Snickers, Kit Kats, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (extra of those for DH) and Hershey Bars. No “filler” candy here. Sometimes we get wiped out of several bags and sometimes we can’t give a whole bag away. It’s never consistent in this neighborhood.

none-not a single trick or treater in 10 years.

i do however BUY MYSELF the treat sized bags of chocolate covered pretzles, regular pretzles, muddie buddies and cheezie poofs.

We don't get trick-or-treaters. I remember 30 years ago when we first moved here and I thought we would get kids, I bought Almond Joy and Mounds. I hate coconut so I knew I wouldn't eat them.

We buy a pretty big variety of small candy bars. We get about 200 kids, so we like to mix it up.

pennies and pre-bagged after-dinner mints, haha. No, actually this year we got a nice kit kat, reeses, snickers, and other chocolate only mix.

I don't know. For decades it was something we liked so if there were leftovers we'd eat them.
Now that I watch my blood sugar it's something I don't like and the leftovers go to work.

Fun-Size Twix here! Some years, I also grab a bag of KitKats, but I always get Twix.

Our older son doesn't like peanuts, so I get the Twix in case we have leftovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter