What candy do you give on Halloween?

I buy whatever full size bars have a coupon sale at Costco. WE do not get many kids any more, but I am always afraid "this" year will be the year they all show up. I also have a big bag of the snack size size bars JIC. I keep a candy dish filled and Dh and the kids can eat them.

This year we have m&m, twix and 3 musketeers. 3 pieces in a bag. Number of kids vary from year to year but we have grandkids, so candy won't go to waste. If we run out, we have cheesits to hand out to those last few and then lights go out. I always go out and see if there are any kids a few doors away before shutting off lights.

We also activate glow sticks to hand out.....not enough street lights for a night with kids running around.

Full size candy bars and bags of Skittles. We enjoy Halloween. We dress in costume, have an outdoor heater, play scary music, sit outside and enjoy the kids. The neighbors seem to end up at our house and we end with hot cider, chili and adult beverages.

^^ The witches and pumpkins are really cute. That looks like a lot of work!

We usually get the chocolate mix bag from Costco, then I have some pencils and stickers for people who prefer non-food treats. (Last year, the pencils were surprisingly popular and I ran out!)

My DH is super health conscious and fit but Halloween is one of his favorite splurges of the year. He has all of his favorites to share and snack on- Snickers, Heath, and Tootsy Rolls. I, also, keep a bowl of less expensive candy - non chocolate like Smarties and Starburst. That bowl is for those who can't be bothered to put on even the simplest costume.

I'm a generous candy giver and I don't care how old you are but at least slap on a mask or throw a sheet over your head.

^^ The witches and pumpkins are really cute. That looks like a lot of work!

It can be, but I was a little bummed when DS "outgrew" Halloween. - These get me back in the spirit and replace the creativity of making costumes for him when he was little. I never would have had the time back then!

Bulk candy at Sam’s Club. They usually have the best price on name brand candy.

We buy at least 8 bags from costco. The snack size chocolate and the skittle/sour patch/nerds etc bags. We get a ton of kids here, fire department is on our corner handing out glow sticks. Husband has music and lights synchronized on the house. We also have teal pumpkin etc stuff (playdoh, pencils, glow bracelets, mini puzzles....)

We did have 2 people on the front step handing out stuff but we have had 20+ kids lined up. We switched to setting up canopy on driveway just so the flow was better.

We go all out for Halloween and our whole town knows it. Fog machines (2) scary music, animatronic scares etc so it’s about 20 bags of candy for us. Big bags. We mix it up. All the chocolate candies plus the lower price hard candy mixed in.

We give out the fun size Hershey's Variety bags. You know, Krackle bars and such. We only get a few kids, mostly little ones who come out with their parents before it's dark. Once it's dark, we put the porch light out and that's it. Our neighborhood in South Jersey is *really* dark at night so not many people come out anyway. It's not like when I was a kid in South Philly, where people sat on their front steps with big bowls of candy and there were tons of kids out (no parents). We used to fill up huge bags, and when we got home my Mom would sort them-chocolate, lollipops, hard candy, gum, and anything black licorice (blech) went to my Dad.

I haven't given out candy in 15 years - there were no kids except ours in our old neighborhood. New neighborhood is full of kids and does their own trunk or treat every year!!!!!!!! I'm so excited - no idea what we are giving out but I hear we will need lots.

We just get bags of assorted "fun size" candy at Walmart. Not sure how many kids come around year-to-year. We start out giving each kid a couple of pieces, if the supply isn't depleted the last few kids get a more generous helping.;) There are usually some leftovers which DW & I will consume.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter