What candy do you give on Halloween?

None. My girls like to order pizza, watch a movie and chill. We normally do not get that many kids so that works for us. Our neighborhood gets very busy, saying we are way in the back the kids just don't come back here. I figure it is a win win situation. One year though I did go to Sams Club and get a box of Normal Size Candy bars and handed them out. They went over very well.

My family has been known to give out Hot Chocolate Packages as they live in cold areas. I always thought it was neat as the kids could go back and warm up after being out in the cold!

I stopped handing out candy a few years ago. Not sure why I would hand out if I was too. Whatever Walmart had that was cheapish.

I tend to go with the Laffy Taffy/Nerds/Runts mix. I think they took Runts out of that though, so it's not as good. I don't get a lot of trick-or-treaters so I stock what I like. The best is to eat a Laffy Taffy and the little box of Nerds at the same time and chew it all up together!

I haven't given out candy in 15 years - there were no kids except ours in our old neighborhood. New neighborhood is full of kids and does their own trunk or treat every year!!!!!!!! I'm so excited - no idea what we are giving out but I hear we will need lots.

I love this!! Having a place in Salem, MA kinda hard to avoid the trick or treating thing:rotfl2::rotfl2:

We buy big platters from Cadbury's and share them out randomly. The kids get more chocolate and it doesn't cost the world. If I'm being stingy (no more) I just buy a few boxes of Celebrations and throw them out to the masses :)

cadbury-halloween-chocolate-gift.jpg
halloween-party-pk-goo-heads-1200x1200.jpg

cadbury-halloween-gift-box.jpg
goo-heads-gift-bags-and-boxes-1200x1200.jpg

Got my candy ready

imageService
imageService
Not sure if I want to get more. I do have lots of non candy things too.
We don't have too many kids, but it varies a lot year to year.

Boxes from Costco of the full size candy bars and starburst. Supplemented w a couple fun size bags. We can be inundated or low volume.

I won’t be giving out this year, I will be on a plane to wdw! And dh is not interested. He also plans to remove decorations the moment I am on the way to the airport lol

I got the full size Hershey candy bar deal on Amazon yesterday! And 2 boxes of full size starburst/skittles assortment. I will have 150 full size candies to hand out! When I run out, the light goes out!

I only get a handful of Trick or Treaters, so I buy something I like and will use later. Its always chocolate! (I already have a bag of Kit Kat bars which I have not opened!)

Big variety bag of good chocolate. One year we gave out full sized chocolate bars but we get too many kids to sustain that price tag! ;)

None..we have never had a trick or treater in the 16+ years we have lived here, lol

Haven't given out any for years. Our subdivision is out of the city limits and not conducive for walkers (although there are some) so literally truck/van loads of kids come in from other places. For the past several years, we have obligations out of town so aren't here anyway. Our children are grown and gone.

We hand out the same candy as the OP. Some years, I buy Skittles too, just for a non chocolate option.

We just buy a big mixed bag at Costco.

ETA We just bought our mixed bag - has mostly gummy type candies. Not trying to be cheap, just trying to avoid chocolate temptation ;)
Silly you, don’t you know that fun sized chocolate has no calories?

We are 4 doors down from a popular cross street that gets tons of kids (our town is very hilly, and this street is pretty flat and is over 2 miles long), so it’s hit or miss (we are 2 blocks from another long flat street). I buy Costco fun size chocolate (and tell them to grab a handful, leftovers go in my freezer), and always have boxes of chips (I can always donate leftovers to the soccer concession stand). I miss the days when my kids were younger and we’d get ghosted every night.

Sometimes we get a ton of kids; some time, just one or two kids.
So I buy the m and ms snack size and if I don't get many kids, we open all those tiny packages and measure them out to make big batches of cookie dough for the church fair mid-November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter