What candy do you give on Halloween?

We go through about 3 of the big bags of fun sized bars from Sam's. I also add in little trinkets like dracula teeth and hand clappers, etc. The clappers are great for toddlers.

For our neighborhood trick or treaters...I bought 60 full size candy bars (Hershey bars, M&Ms, and a mix)
For when we run out or when we are out with our own kids, I bought a giant Child's Play bag to leave on the porch (generally, we all go out early and then one parent comes back to distribute candy)

For trunk or treat...giant chocolate mix (snickers, etc) and a giant Child's Play type mix as back up

I like the back up candy to be something I don't like and something not as likely to be stolen off our porch. Maybe with the Ring camera kids will be more deterred to do that?

We give out full size candy bars (varies every year) and keep back up fun size ones around.

We also set up a table with some neighbors and give out shots, jello shots, sometimes homebrewed beer, and various other beverages to the adults.

Our little cul-de-sac is popular.

This year's treats are done (I think - I may do a few more, but I made 30, and have back-up candy if we get more kids than usual):

2018 Halloween treats.JPG

The bottom of the wand is a giant Pixie Stick, and there is another surprise candy in the pumpkin on top - M&M's, KitKats, Smarties, or Oreo bars.

Um, you know... stuff. Snack size Skittles, Snickers, etc.

Although next year we are talking about going full size.

Toys and/or Hershey Kisses for kids with allergies.

We moved last summer and found out our new neighborhood was Halloween Heaven. We had about 800 kids come by last year and probably will again this year. Luckily we found out about it in time and had plenty of candy. We buy the big bags at Walmart and fill up a giant Rubbermaid tub with the candy. We spent about $350 on candy last year. This year we have spent about $225. We also have one smaller tub with Nut Free/Gluten Free candy. We had one kid last year who couldn't eat most of the candy because of allergies and his mom was so excited that he could pick out something from our smaller tub. Everyone in our neighborhood sits out in their driveways and tons of kids arrive from about 5:00 to 8:00.

In our old neighborhoods, we seldom got any trick or treaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter