• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what car rental is in LAX terminal and return at DL GC hotel or close to DL

Maria395712

DIS cast member/DIS vet/DVC member
would like to pick up a car at LAX but return at DL will be at GC and get a shuttle to airport from there any shuttle service to recommend
maria

the best you could probablly do is rent from LAX and return at john Wayne.. The take the shuttle back to LAX.

Transportation is not too convient in LA...

Might just be cheaper to keep the car.

We just rented a car at LAX and returned it to the Budget on Harbor Blvd. It was about 5 minutes away and they dropped us off back at the GCH. It was pretty easy to find and very convinient.

Just FYI, but LAX doesn't have any rental places in the terminal. They are all offsite with shuttle buses. There are several places for return on Harbor.

Ya, we made the mistake of thinking Alamo was right in the terminal. It is not. We got on a shuttle bus, it took us to Alamo about 7 minutes away. We got our car. We phoned and asked if we could return it to the Alamo on Katella and take a shuttle to LAX, and we were told no, there was no shuttle. (we didn't want to have to drive in LA again, we had already got lost getting from Aviation Blvd to our hotel)

So we returned it back to the place on Aviation Blvd, and got on the shuttle back to LAX.

It says on the LAX website that there is 10 rental places right in LAX, but they are not. You will have to be shuttled out to all of them I am pretty sure!

I know that Dollar is by shuttle too. I was expecting to just walk out of the terminal and into the carpark and fidn the car sitting waiting or us like always at Orlando International but not at LAX. Get a shuttle to the carpark then sit in their carpark for god knows how long while you wait fr the car then drag your stuff across the carpark into one of the parkign garages and then try find the car. That's what happened to us last summer. And finding the drop-off at LAX was a nightmare. We almost missed out connecting flight. And I know Hertz isn't in the terminal either. There was dozens of shuttles coming but off hand I can just remember seeing the Dollar and Hertz ones. It was a little annoying that it isn't as easy as ome airports but it wasn't too much of a hastle. And it's worth it (IMO) rather than getting transportation without a car when you're there. I just like the luxury of your own personal car that you can take wherever you want, whenever you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter