What Class Ship am I looking for???

Ready to go

Mouseketeer
We have only cruised on DCL and are getting ready to "jump ship" and try Royal Carribean. I am not afraid of not liking it because I believe my husband and I can have fun, no matter what. We have been on the Fantasy, Dream and Wonder and prefer the Wonder in size. My question is what class of ships in Royal Carribean compare to the size of the Wonder and Magic :confused3? TIA

Diane

. . . My question is what class of ships in Royal Carribean compare to the size of the Wonder and Magic
I've sailed on the Radiance Class, Voyager Class, and Freedom Class. The Radiance Class is closest to size of DCL's Magic and Wonder.

Woody

J
We have only cruised on DCL and are getting ready to "jump ship" and try Royal Carribean. I am not afraid of not liking it because I believe my husband and I can have fun, no matter what. We have been on the Fantasy, Dream and Wonder and prefer the Wonder in size. My question is what class of ships in Royal Carribean compare to the size of the Wonder and Magic :confused3? TIA

Diane

Disney magic/wonder. 84,000 gross tons

Radiance of the Seas class. 90,000 gross tons

DH and I are most fond of the Radiance and her sisters. 4 total in the Radiance class. Most have gone through their major refit to add popular Oasis of the Seas (220,000 gross tons! < not a typo!) restaurants, family cabins and additional single cabins.

The Radiance class were built before Royal went loopy with the toys.....surfing, ice skating, boxing. Radiance class DO have an athletic deck with golf, rock climbing and basketball. What makes these 4 ships especially sweet is, they were designed with a tremendous amount if glass in public spaces. Especially in beautiful Alaska, you are never far from a majestic vista.

Two most popular cabins generally book the first few days a new cruising segment opens. 1100-aft corner junior suite deck 10. Our preferred cabin. We call the balcony the Beach because it's so big.

9256- one deck below. Standard balcony aft with another big corner balcony.

"Hump" cabins are also popular for people who cannot give up the idea of mid ship convenience....but want and unusual-big balcony.

Now I can ramble for pages because it's our favorite class of Royal ship.

Any questions? Ask away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter