What counts as a guest?

Yinn

DIS Veteran
I'm browsing through some of the discounts and it states "for members and up to 3 guests" for some of them. Does anyone know how the counting works? Are spouses considered a guest? Or are we each considered a member; thus allowing us 3 guests each for a 6 total? Do our kids count as a guest if they're not listed on the deed?

If your spouse in also on the deed, then they are a member in their own right, and do not count as a "guest". In that case, each of you can participate with your own set of 3 guests.

Steve

Maybe someone can clarify, are your kids considered guests? What about adult children?
If they are with you when you dine or take a tour, they are considered a guest.

What @Fangorn posted above about a spouse could also apply to adult children if named on the deed.

If you have a blue card and your spouse does also you are good for 8. That is 1 + 3 x 2
If only 1 blue card, then 4, but most times they will attach the discount to all.

If you have a blue card and your spouse does also you are good for 8. That is 1 + 3 x 2
If only 1 blue card, then 4, but most times they will attach the discount to all.

Oh my gosh I am such a dork, but I can only read 1 + 3 x 2 as being 7, as you would multiply first. You mean (1+3) x 2, right? Two members getting 3 guests each.
Sorry for being buggy, but I legitimately got confused by your message.

for most things, "guest" means "anyone you want, as long as they are with you".

For example, the member benefit to getting into the DVC Lounge, Top of the World, etc. are "For the member and 3 guests"...meaning: One person shows their card, and 3 other people that are with that person can also get in...no questions asked. A lot of the dining discounts work this way well: "for the member and 3 guests"...basically, up to 4 meals will be discounted, as long as one of those meals is for a DVC member...the other 3 doesn't matter.

Some discounts are STRICTLY for the official card-carrying DVC member only: Merchandise discounts

Some discounts are for the DVC member and their immediate family only (spouse/children living in the same house): Annual Pass and most other ticket discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter