What did Kevin mean?

JasonB

Earning My Ears
Roundtable,

I love the podcast and listen every week. Thank you for the hard work that you put into it. I am confused by a discussion in the current podcast, 10-2. At the 18:01 minute mark, during the discussion of the line in China, Kevin asked "Did they still have the people out taking credit card and the disney dining plan?" Corey said, "They do. And those people slow the line up." Kevin then replies, "To the point of distraction."

What exactly did they mean? We are going to our first F&W next week. Is there something unique to the China booth line? Or is Kevin saying that using credit cards or DDP slows all of the lines down. I usually don't carry cash around while I'm in the parks, but I don't want to be one of "those people" that get talked about on the podcast.

Roundtable, or DISers, having never been to F&W and experienced the booths, could you please help me understand what was meant?

Thanks,

Jason
Birmingham, AL

P.S. Hey Corey, Roll Tide!

i'm not sure what he was talking about either. i've only been to one F&W, and i paid w/ a credit card at all the booths. the only time it was a problem was in france. we went to get mimosas at the stand there, and they only take cash. we don't carry cash, so we got dirty looks from the girl making the drinks when we told her that we couldn't pay for the drinks. i don't know if there's something special that goes on in china.

Hi JasonB and Doctorhead,

I apologize for not being more clear with my comments.

My comment had nothing to do with the guests at the Food and Wine Festival. It had to do with the folks that were taking the credit cards and dining plan last year.

The booths used to have a regular register system inside each booth and things ran smoothly. I can imagine the booths got a bit crowded.

Last year they had satelite cash registers outside the booths and they were given wireless credit card readers that apparently didnt work or at the very least didnt work well.

The lines became ridiculously long. There were several times that we gave up and moved on due to the lines not moving at all.

Again...I apologize if I gave the impression that it was the guests fault. It was not my intent.

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin. I really appreciate the speedy reply and the clarification. Keep up the good work.

thanks,

Jason

Birmingham, AL

P.S. Hey Corey, Roll Tide!

I just came back from Food & Wine and used the DDP at many booths without problem. I remember the issues from last year and I believe they fixed the flaws.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts