What did you forget?

millerglass

Mouseketeer
I am leaving in 4 more days. What will I forget? I printed out every packing list posted and feel like we are ready to go but I know that as soon as we are 5 miles from home, that chill is going to run up my spine when I realize that I forgot something important. The last time we went to Disney World, it was my camera. We ended up buying one of those $20 ones from Walmart when we got there. The pictures turned out ok but it wasn't quite what I was hoping for. How about you? What have you forgotten that was on your list of things to take?
Eric

pajamas - for some reason this is the one thing that I forget for myself a lot. I end up using a pair of shorts and t-shirt instead.

Hairbrush and deodorant - happens every time! I have a stunning collection of "anti-perspirants from around the world" (used to travel a lot for business!). I am the world's expert on the sundries section of hotel gift shops!

Last year I forgot to pack my DH's underware!!! We had to buy it at the YC Gift Shop. It was his most expensive souvenir, at $42 for 6 pair of Polo underware!!! It was either that or Mickey Mouse underware for boys! We sure did have a laughing fit over that one!!!:D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Jsut back and forgot kids toothbrushes- but it only coost me $18 to get 3 more kids ones at the Contemporoay! :)

I forgot my toothbrush!!! with all the lists and crossing off (I was crossing things oof until the minute we left). My DH and DS's were there, but mine wasn't!!!! I noticed while I was unpacking and they were in the pool! I just went down to the giftshop and got one!!

Cindala - your post really made me smile! I always ask DH to lay out his things to be packed and he always forgets underwear (and usually socks!). Luckily, I've til now managed to pick up the omission but can see the day when we have to get the same expensive souvenirs!!!

I purposely bought prescription sunglasses for trips and outings and what do I do? I forgot to bring them to WDW!! If any of you are bringing a digital camera and don't want to bring the charger and the manual says AA batteries are good, check carefully to make sure of the type. I brought alkaline batteries and I needed Lithium AA batteries. Went to around 6 stores and finally found it in Walgreens!

I planned, had lists, checked and checked again and I still managed to forgot my DS(3) suitcase. I didnt realize until 30 minutes before our flight was going to leave. We spent our first day in Disney looking for clothes for him. Michelle

After several years of forgetting things like hair brushes, tooth brushes, deodorant, etc. I now have doubles of everything. My train case is always on the ready for travel.(I have the Samsonite hardsider case). As soon as I come home from any trip I check to see that it's completely ready for the next trip.
And after reading a tip on these boards, when Autumn arrived and I changed over my closets from warm to cold weather clothes, I already have my suitcase packed with shorts, tops, etc. for my May Disney trip.

Last year we forgot our raincoats. It was a little bit of an inconvenience, but of course you can buy them in the parks!:)

My DH does all our packing and he's great at it, but...believe it or not....he forgot my prescreption medication!! We had to call my Mom and have her Overnight it to our hotel. Our motto is "If we don't have it, we don't need it and if we need it, we'll buy it." Unfortunately, we couldn't buy this!!

I forgot, or I should say my DD, left my cosmetic bag on the plane and I did not realize this until we were at WDW getting ready to go out to dinner! I don't wear a lot of make-up but mascara and blush are definitely needed. Well, did you ever try to buy make-up at WDW? They do not sell it anywhere and believe me I looked everywhere! Once I got a little tan the blush was no longer necessary and I just walked around looking like I had no eyelashes for our trip! Now I make sure my cosmetic bag is packed in my suitcase and not thrown last minute into DD's backpack!!

We just got back from a great vacation. We did Disney for 1 day (AK, MGM, Epcot), then did a 4 day Disney Cruise, and then finished it off with 3 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel and Universal Studios.

The only thing that we had planned on taking but couldn't find when we needed it was a box of bandaids. Boy I tell ya, you can't beat that. When you pack for a 10 day vacation and basically don't miss anything, you done good.

I wish that all of our vacations would go this smooth and be this much fun. Eric

DH forgot his toothbrush and I forgot to put a new blade on my razor last time. Both the toothbrush and razor were $2.50 each at the shop at the CBR. Not bad.

I also "forgot" my swim suit. I don't really like to swim, so it may not have been an accident. :) But DH really wanted to swim, so I bought a new suit and a Mickey sarong at the Beach Club. The sarong was a steal at $12.50, and the bathing suit wasn't unreasonable.

When we went on the cruise, I packed two nice dresses and one nice pantsuit, then promptly forgot all of my jewelry - no earrings ( I wanted to bring my diamonds), no pearls. I had to go shopping at Downtown Disney the night before we left on the cruise.

During our trip a little over a month ago, we forgot our sunglasses (mine were prescription). We found ourselves desperately needing them going in and out of dark venues and ended up getting ours at SeaWorld. I found clip-ons which I'd been wanting for a long time anyway. ;)

I didn't bring those inexpensive disposable rain ponchos I'd heard about (available at dollar stores, I believe) since I thought it woudn't rain. HA! Regardless, they would have come in really handy during those water rides. I think these are usually available for around $5 in the park, but if you have a large group, that might get kinda pricey. Even trash bags with holes cut strategically would have been a good idea.

Also, don't forget to bring film and batteries for your still camera and rechargeable batteries and a charger for your motion camera.
:jester:

I forgot to bring a second pair of sneakers. It rained the entire week. Nothing is worse than squishing in your sneakers, and they barely had a chance to dry before the next day!
Even without the rain, swiching shoes each day is a good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter