"What?? Did you say 8 trips in 2019?" An new AP holder's PTR (updated 11/25)

The Popcorn Chicken and popcorn thing was really good at Jock Lindsay's. And they have a soft pretzel that I am sure you boys would like!

And I do feel like I need to get something for that time frame, once they announce SW, things could get hairy fast!

But I was thinking if it was just us 4, I'd love to do the cabins at FW
We were at Cabins last June. LOVED them, rented a golf cart from place offsite-but he had rentals before/after our reservation so we were able to pick the cart up near Trails End. Loved loved loved the boat to MK and Contemporary.

I mean, they have a pool bar so I am good to go - and its got a fun theme. So, we will survive!
Um yeah- I swear some of the strongest drinks I've had on Disney property came from Petals (NOT that I am complaining but woof)

not financially responsible and while I am all for Disney Math,
I hate adulting sometimes!! We have Universal AP currently and I am desperately trying to figure out a quick weekend (so tired of snow/ice/cold) but our final payment for cruise in June is coming up fast :( so have to be an 'adult'.

So he may get his first casting on that day. Please think good thoughts if you are so inclined!
Yes of course! Tons of Pixie dust! Your lil guys are so cute!

What is the pool like there? Not that swimming in December will be top on my list of things to do..
We loved both pools. I even went down the slide multiple times at the Meadows pool. Neither were ever very crowded. You do need to bring your own towels to the pools though. We almost always have our beach towels as we tend to visit an actual beach in Florida too.
Jock Lindsey's
My. Favorite. Bar not in a park (that would be Nomads). Um, I may have been such a regular our AP year that our waiter gave me "wings"-Have not seen them anywhere else.

When will you be there in June? Oldest DD is applying for her (3rd) DCP this summer-cruise is out of Miami so was planning a few days before to hit some parks-just Universal for now, but if DD is there will probably spend some time at Disney (would you believe I still have a couple days left on NE tickets?? Man I miss that ticket option!)

Last edited:
We think Pop is the best value, too! :) And I love how cute and little the boys are in your Cape May pictures! We really liked the breakfast there, too.

Best of luck with AJ's feet! That sounds unpleasant for sure, but I hope it goes well and doesn't bother him too much.

I added this in to the update so some of you may have missed these notes:

**ETA: This (3/3) is my 180 day for our August trip so I guess I'll probably book some ADRs that morning. Spoiler alert! We are booked for CSR in August and I want to book the new restaurants there so I may actually have to be up early to do that.**

**ETA: this (3/4) is our FP day for May. It is just Chad and I and we only have one day at Epcot so it won't be too difficult.**

We are booked at Pop Century in a standard room. I'm not a huge value fan. There, I said it. But this was a last minute, frugal type trip and Pop is basically the best of the values as far as I am concerned. Also, one of my biggest complaints is the buses

And see, I don't mind the values for a night or two. I think they are great for what they are. (And by values, I'm really talking about POP here, though I would consider AoA also. I do NOT like the AS resorts :crazy2:) I think the POP busses are very efficient, and I like how the lines are all separate. I haven't stayed since the rooms have all been redone, but they look really nice. But, to each his own :-)

The drive takes about 6 hours and 45 minutes with no stops.

How I wish I was within driving distance from WDW…someday!

If we have enough time, we might go over to Bay lake Tower and up to TotWL and watch the MK fireworks, but I don't know if that will work out or not.
img_2808-jpg.382894

Aw, you should! You could eat at Contempo Cafe instead of the AoA food court, and then head up there after :thumbsup2

Side note: AJ is a toe walker and his achilles has tightened so much that he has to have it stretched so they are going to do castings on him. We decided to wait until after this trip but we don't want to wait too long because it can take several weeks and we will all be going back to Disney in June. So he may get his first casting on that day.

Poor guy! Wishing him all the best :hug:

Exciting! We have cape May in our August plans (if I do my math right, we will be leaving on your arrival day).

Our FP day for our October trip is during our August trip! So funny how that works out sometimes

The Popcorn Chicken and popcorn thing was really good at Jock Lindsay's. And they have a soft pretzel that I am sure you boys would like!

And I do feel like I need to get something for that time frame, once they announce SW, things could get hairy fast!
I have marked a few items on the menu though we may only stop in for drinks. We shall see.

I went ahead and booked POFQ. Obviously everything can change once/if discounts are released. *Still looking at you FW cabins*

We were at Cabins last June. LOVED them, rented a golf cart from place offsite-but he had rentals before/after our reservation so we were able to pick the cart up near Trails End. Loved loved loved the boat to MK and Contemporary.
Sounds so fun. We own DVC at WL so we are very familiar with the boats and just that whole area. Right now, it is a little cost prohibitive but we'll see if we can swing it later if any deals get released though I know that is iffy around that time frame especially with SWGE opening probably around then and I think the cabins have been excluded from discounts before.

Um yeah- I swear some of the strongest drinks I've had on Disney property came from Petals (NOT that I am complaining but woof)
I had a few in October. Agreed!

Yes of course! Tons of Pixie dust! Your lil guys are so cute!
Thank you!

My. Favorite. Bar not in a park (that would be Nomads).
I need to check out Nomads as well!

When will you be there in June?
June 8-16th at WL

I love how cute and little the boys are in your Cape May pictures!
Thank you!

Best of luck with AJ's feet! That sounds unpleasant for sure, but I hope it goes well and doesn't bother him too much.
Thanks for this also.

And see, I don't mind the values for a night or two.
I can do them for a night or two. I just like the theming at the mods better.

I think the POP busses are very efficient,
My biggest issue is they are the farthest bus stop away. So that got to be annoying. Plus they were incredibly busy at the end of the night - and other times, as well. Much busier than any other resort. So we often had to wait for more than one bus and we had to stand with two littles and a stroller. The end of MNSSHP was ridiculous. We probably waited almost an hour to get on a bus. And not one other resort had that issue. We could easily see the other bus wait areas. In hindsight, we should've hopped the AoA bus.

How I wish I was within driving distance from WDW…someday!
It does make things easier.

Aw, you should! You could eat at Contempo Cafe instead of the AoA food court, and then head up there after :thumbsup2
Well we want to go over ans check out the AoA resort so thinking about time, we just may not have enough. But we will stay flexible and figure out what we want to do.

Poor guy! Wishing him all the best :hug:
Thanks!

Exciting! We have cape May in our August plans (if I do my math right, we will be leaving on your arrival day).
Love Cape May! We arrive August 30th.

Our FP day for our October trip is during our August trip! So funny how that works out sometimes
It is funny. A good problem to have, right?

Sounds like a nice, relaxing trip!
Thanks!

You have a beautiful family and I love reading your trip reports!! I'm so sorry to hear that AJ is suffering with tight tendons and hope that it is resolved soon.

Following along and excited ( and ever so slightly jealous)to hear about all your trips :goodvibes
You have a lovely family. Crossing my fingers all goes well for your little guy :)

8 Trips! That's exciting. My sister and I are trying not to go this year (long story). So maybe I will just live through you. :P

You have a beautiful family and I love reading your trip reports!! I'm so sorry to hear that AJ is suffering with tight tendons and hope that it is resolved soon.
Thank you so much! Glad you are joining in!

Following along and excited ( and ever so slightly jealous)to hear about all your trips :goodvibes
You have a lovely family. Crossing my fingers all goes well for your little guy :)
Thank you!

Following along! :wave:
Yay!

8 Trips! That's exciting. My sister and I are trying not to go this year (long story). So maybe I will just live through you. :P
Oh no. I will try to deliver!

So just checking in! We leave tomorrow at around 5am for our weekend resort only Disney trip. I did end up canceling all our reservations (dining and FPs) for Magic Kingdom earlier this week, but it's okay. I am slightly concerned that I will miss the parks but we certainly have plenty to keep us busy while we are there. It's just nice to get away from all the rain in Atlanta and work! I am looking forward to the food, the drinks, and the shopping!

As far as today AJ and I have about 30 minutes here at school, then a mani-pedi appt for me at 5, finish packing, then sleep - however much I can get. Feel free to message me if you would like to follow our adventures on FB this weekend and we are not already friends. Otherwise, I'm sure I will do a quick little TR when we return. Not sure if I should keep this strictly PTR and do a long TR (or separate TRs) for that. Oh, also, my 7 year old figured out how to use his GoPro so we will be filming our adventure as well. I am planning to start a new YouTube channel so we can post the vlogs. I'll let you guys know when we get to that point!

So excited!!

Last edited:
I saw on FB that you were relaxing around pool!! Looks like a great weather time to escape to Florida!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter